View Poll Results: Would you quit if Gamigo doesnt take action against erenor infusion exploiters,cheaters and hackers?

Voters
190. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is very unfair for loyal and honest players

140 73.68%
  • No, i dont care

50 26.32%
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you quit if gamigo doesnt ban or remove illegal erenor weapons and armors

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamWallace View Post
    You did all that but you are still waiting on patron? LOL
    Are you suggesting a charge back for 2 unexpired weeks of an annual patron subscription?

Quote Originally Posted by DutchyDutch View Post
    They didnít take action. Quit already. Iíll sign in my legacy character if your giving anything away, thanks!
    Deal. Wait by your mailbox until I get there.

Yup they will totally take action and they will ban all the exploiters. Don't you remember how they banned every exploiter a few months ago, when there was a gold exploit? Well I do remember it because all my alts are still not banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    Deal. Wait by your mailbox until I get there.
    </3

I propose not to play for a whole day to all players who have been harmed by the inoperation of GAMIGO regarding the issue of exploitation.

On Saturday, what do you think?

In the style of "Yellow Vests"

Players in game donít know what is going on due to thread deletions. It is as if an evil government is trying to control the flow of information. Beyond Shameful!!!

I havenít paid for AA with money in years but I do consume Apex I buy with gold in game, so Iíspending time to make that gold. Iím really not sure what I can do to send Gamigo a clear message cheating wonít be tolerated by players.

I canít foresee spending any time in a game that takes months, years, to build up, only to have cheaters zip past you 10, 20, or more times as fast. This will definitely affect Gamigoís bottom line. They need to grow a spine and do it fast before their brand is wrecked forever.

I have patron on 2 accounts due to apex, Can drop one right away and the other I can begin to make preparations to stop playing (store belongings on alts) and sell housing to go f2p and just never log in again if this isnít put right.
    ---
    "Sandbox MMO" - Marketing gibberish for you can do anything because you have little to no support for problems arise.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamu View Post
    I propose not to play for a whole day to all players who have been harmed by the inoperation of GAMIGO regarding the issue of exploitation.

On Saturday, what do you think?

In the style of "Yellow Vests"
    It's been proposed before with Trion.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyres View Post
    You're working backwards from your conclusion that Gamigo is somehow automatically right or they wouldn't have made that decision. But no, they're not automatically right and they actually made the worst possible decision. Hence the reaction you're seeing.

There are two completely different issues you're also mixing up which is the exploit itself (XL's fault) and Gamigo's response to it (Gamigo's fault). Given the situation, there are really only two correct options Gamigo could have made, but they didn't do either. Let's go over them:

Case 1: IF they couldn't detect exploited items (obviously they can easily revert/delete them so detection is the only question), the best decision would have been to announce that everyone was allowed to use it till fixed. The infusions were still being used either way, but in this case it's no longer an exploit but instead a rather impactful bug, because no one is getting a special advantage anymore. Exploiters would still have gotten a large head start and the best prices but that way, Gamigo could have been excused for at least trying to equalize the effect of the bug.

Instead, what they actually did is announce on a forum post that if players suspect an exploit to report it in a ticket (which they wouldn't see for months), all while secretly pushing XL for the patch to quickly fix it. Effectively, they said, 'use your own judgement' which translates to honest players not exploiting and dishonest players exploiting. That's why their actual response was unacceptable.

Case 2: IF they could detect exploited items, the best decision would have been to revert or delete the items. Or ban, though personally I'd say banning is too harsh for a game at this stage.

At least they know from logs when items are consumed/deleted (e.g. from support tickets where they replace dragged items) so it's very likely they could have inferred what infusions were being fed where. I also heard through the grapevine that a certain GM who worked on Trion's databases confirmed on discord they still work for Gamigo and could have written a database script to find exploited weapons and revert them but had "no comment" on why that wasn't done.

All in all, the behaviour and silence of our CM/GMs suggest they actually don't have any authority to make or reveal big decisions and the real decisions are made much higher in the corporate structure, by someone out of touch who is managing multiple games. Just how it seems. But it's pretty obvious how Gamigo made the wrong call for either of the circumstances and they made a ♥♥♥♥ty situation from XL even worse.
    To put it in perspective.. if 1 person throws an egg at a police car, he or she will get arrested.. now 300 ppl throws eggs at a police car.. no one get arrested, it elevated from an incident to a problem.
    So throwing eggs is now suddenly allowed in the eyes of people who don't throw eggs and obey the law, the police will just leave it alone and say they will investigate this problem but probably hope everyone just forget about it. To much time, effort, money to go through any videos that are made to identify the throwers, they will however look at how to prevent this in the future.

If 100 people used this exploit, we are looking at almost the same thing. into Erenor goes a lot of infusions, trying to discover what infusion went into what gear on what person is an undo-able task. Let alone that people might have done this on a alt, maybe sold it to themselves thru AH, or traded it to someone else, they could even trade it to an alt on a different IP. the alt on a different IP is hard to identify as an alt and can be a player that actually bought the gear, without knowing its an exploited one. If they remove that gear and the alt is really a genuine player, then the ♥♥♥♥ will really hit the fan.

Risky actions to take

From that moment it is better to look at how to prevent a next time and how to balance things so honest players will be rewarded.
    Trust me.. databases are no joke, they are updated every ms we play, there are billions of lines to go through. Only way of a good fix is a restore before the exploit, but then we will all loose our progression, its not as simple as many ppl think, remove the items and done.

Communication from Gamigo is another story, its not very good.
    The exploit itself is ofc just stupid, XLGames should test their codes and make sure that these things are not even happening, but it did and now its impossible to fix. Not really Gamigo's fault as well, they cant test every aspect of the game.

So for me.. im not quitting a game over this, it happens with every game, and it will happen again to every game.
    At least its not as bad as Fallout 76 xD

Actually the main point is and why so many are harping over is because of this:-

PRECEDENCE IS SET.
    This is the first test of Gamigo on how they will deal with exploits and many would use it as a basis/reference and judge on how similar cases will be dealt with in the future. That's why I keep saying the implications are great.

And alot of people won't feel it because they are still on the Hiram grind or lower gear. Wait till they are invested in Erenor gear, the amount of gold they worked/swiped for and this happens, then ask them, how they feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nygau View Post
    To put it in perspective.. if 1 person throws an egg at a police car, he or she will get arrested.. now 300 ppl throws eggs at a police car.. no one get arrested, it elevated from an incident to a problem.
    So throwing eggs is now suddenly allowed in the eyes of people who don't throw eggs and obey the law, the police will just leave it alone and say they will investigate this problem but probably hope everyone just forget about it.
    First, I get your general point and I think it is well thought out.

But second, I don't know where you live, but where I live if hundreds of people threw eggs at once, not only would a LOT of people be arrested, many of them would be assaulted by the militaristically geared police, beaten for the sheer joy of it, some would probably die, and then the police would refuse to release body cam images of their police state actions and claim it was all in self defense. All for eggs.

~Peace~
    Jax

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast