+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the point of playing Archeage fairly when someone can just exploit and gain massive advantage?

What is the point of playing Archeage fairly when someone can just exploit and gain massive advantage?

What is the point of playing Archeage fairly when someone can just exploit and gain massive advantage?

Why would anyone sit here, play fairly (not CHEAT and EXPLOIT) and grind only to over others zip past them in a fraction of the time and cost?

These exploited Erenors are then used against them in content, used to control events, used to keep winning castle sieges, used to farm locked gold crates faster and win fights, used in pvp, so on and so forth.

This problem NEVER goes away unless those items are removed from the game.

If you were invited to a friendly poker game and found out people were cheating.. but you weren't allowed to due to your conscience. What is the point of staying and continue to play fairly and lose money? You're being ripped off. You leave.

If you were invited to compete in athletic games but found out others had been doping, what is the point of playing fairly? If you cheat yourself, you lower yourself to their level. No thanks, you leave.

If you're an competitive fighter and then they swap in someone well out of your weight class and expertise just before you were about to fight, with no prior information being given for you to agree to the fight or study tactics, what would be the point in continuing to fight in a league that would do that? You leave that league.

If you have to work your entire life, save money, invest, build nest eggs to have a future, but then the government just allows people to run around holding places up for free money with no repercussions, what would be the point in continuing your original style of life, to be honest and "grind" to your future? You probably leave that country and go somewhere you can make an honest life for yourself.

The point is a very dangerous precedent has been set by a company, in which there is no reason for anyone to play within the rules any more. There is language in the TOS/EULA but it is not being enforced. Everything which could have been done has not been done. It is as if the company tried to do a push up and gave up after 2 seconds and came up with the nonsense mother of all excuses when they had other options.

If you legitimately can't do a push-up, you try doing it on your knees. Or you do what you can do, and then you keep trying to improve. You don't just give up and make excuses. The excuses we've received is that we all know gold, apex, and characters have been tracked and are trackable from past events in Archeage history. With that comes options, not giving up.

A line has to be drawn in the sand. If you want to encourage legitimate play you have to discourage exploits and cheats.

You do that by deleting the exploited erenor items and account bans (temp or perm). Trust me, these aren't the people you want staying in your game. If you don't do this you are going to lose more and more legitimate customers due to attrition. And your brand reputation will be impacted, which affects the other products and services you have. What you are doing is NOT a smart move!
    ---
    "Sandbox MMO" - Marketing gibberish for you can do anything because you have little to no support for problems arise.

The answer is: There is no point.

It's not all on Gamigo. Trion let plenty of cheaters slide in its day.

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    It's not all on Gamigo. Trion let plenty of cheaters slide in its day.
    As much as I disliked trion I don't think they would have allowed cheating on this scale. I dont think people understand the magnitude of this cheat. Its not even close to the scale of Rage Quit exploiting levi. Maybe that levi kill would have netted Rage Quit 1-2 million gold split between 70 people or so. If a person took their weapon to eternal and their gear to mythic the erenor exploit gave each person a million gold Between all the mythic and eternal weapons, and legendary/mythic armor, I bet this exploit was in the realm of 50-75 million gold. That is way worse than the honor exploit, levi glitch, and no break charm exploit. Gold value wise, this is one of the worst if not the worst eploit in AA history. That is why people are leaving the game. Gamigo just allowed the worst exploit in the games history and they don't seem to even care.
    "Even when NaCl and Crippling Debt did engage they got wreckhoused, REALLY FAST!!!!! It was AWESOME!!!!" (Khrolan school girl giggle in the background) - Celestrata 2016

This has a way smaller impact then the billions of gold that has been rtm'd, accounts that has been traded, 50+ alts being run at the sametime and Marcos being use to plant while afk (at house), I know my stance on this seems odd, I just can't care anymore when almost none if not none of these ppl seem out raged at all about the other forms of unfair game play that's been going on for years, seems like selective outrage.
    And before anyone tries to tell me trion communicated more or how they are some how arbiters of good, I think they were just as bad, especially when several community discords over the years had dedicated/approved gold sellers and rmt going on in them.

So while it seems like I'm defending these ...... I'm not I just don't care ... at all because it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, if I didn't quit for any of the stuff listed idk why I would now.

Lol but what do I know nui is dead now and my gear is USELESS, so when you all quit send me your ish so I can reroll legacy and 1 v x these cheaters.

Ant #3151 (discord)

Hasn't this subject been hashed over and over enough yet? How many threads are there?

I'm not quitting but if you do send me some gear so i can catch up to the exploiters. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jean52 View Post
    I'm not quitting but if you do send me some gear so i can catch up to the exploiters. thanks
    there is no catching up, it's the highest gear achievable

I don't care just quit and send me ur stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast