+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: ALTs and improving real mmorpg experience

Quote Originally Posted by Ashorai View Post
    Trade runs, land grabs, World boss drops etc.. Having an ALT account gives players a huge unfair advantage. Including hero elections. I know a guild full of alts to vote heroes.
    When we farm gold crates, they get much more. Whole economy is controlled by 30-40 players that got tons of alts, and others (real mmorpg players that run only 1 account) just trying to get some leftovers.
    Trion used to ban alts by IP Adress but it seems Apex profit tastes sweet.
    Anyway, I wanted to present my solution (just reducing) to solve that;

Remove "Follow" function. This function makes people control ALTs very easily and lets them make Hiram - WB - CR GR more and more. ALTs will still be able to do labor farming but at least will reduce ALT numbers.
    I don't know what you think about ALTs but as a single account player, it makes me crazy to know how people are getting this advantage and game company doesn't do anything.
    Hello,

first at all making multiple account is nothing againts TOS. You have to follow up rules and control them without third party program. It is simple like that and Trion was never ban any account which was not violationg rules. I have mine second account since 2014. Trion was never able ban alt via IP, because huge amount of ISP is using only one external IP which is showing up to game, because under it you can have even small city and it is nothing unusuall. So please do not lie.

Alts cost money, at all if you want to have alt with patron you have to pay for it. It mean, you need to have time to make money with your other accounts because you are not getting money just for have them.

What should be problem is, that you have player from EU playing on US server and vice versa. Because they are making cheap taxes, cheap labor potions, cheap vocation items etc. I am doing this as well, because it is allowed. So on US I was mining as hell to get free apexes and purchase something from market or get free month. Still I have to purchase time and credits sometimes, because I am using the marketplace potions, I am purchasing lot of marketplace stuff. But still if you have more accounts, you have to feed them and it cost you money. It is simply like that.

People with more accounts are allowing us continue playing. Server cost something, power cost something and employees as well. If you are not able replace one ach alt with regular player (and you are not able), there is no ecomonic reason to change it.

And that some player are inactive in raids? It is very easy solution, start creating raids yourself and kick inactive players.

And problem with land? If you have taxes for 30 - 60s per tax and marketplace farms? You really thing, the problem are alts? I had 15 farms during patch 1.2, there was no possibility to craft and trade taxes. You have to craft them or purchase them from Marketplace or in AH for soemthing about 1,2g per tax at time when 1000 gold have rich man. And still I was able make some profit. It is not about alts, it is how often and long you are able to play. Nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by mikroman View Post
    BDO....
    Don't try to find excuses! Alts make games worst and Trino/Gamigo assists in this "cheat".
    Solution for Publisher?: make alts expensive like other cash shop items and services. If Alts are not "cheap p2w" items anymore than less players will use them.

Or just make alts forbidden. Than... if multiaccount users cheat with many accounts ban alt accounts +main account of this cheaters!

And/Or remove all shared land options to remove one of the most important reasons to create accounts! If you can'T use lands of 10-20 characters you will not buy alt accounts and grab extreme big lands. Oh, and you will not get free cheap workbenches (farmer workbench, armorer/crafter/trader house services ithout investments).

And control prices of items! 100 000 gold/apex is not real demand. That is resource transfer/cheat. Or make cheaper first rule in AH! No point to buy more expensive materials or items when you can buy cheapers.

But most of this "solutions" are in developer side. Gamigo can resolve thsi problem easy: REMOVE APEX! And... done. No more alts
    Give us ArcheAge Prime!

I am sorry, but I don't full understand how they are worst? Cheap items on AH? Possibility to find crafter with Famed skill to create you items? And why to don't look for excuse? Because you wan't play game another way then other want?

And you really thing, that it is problem purchase game time to 2 - 3 accounts? If you do it with one year subscription its like 8 EUR / month for account? Or just have alts without patron? If you really want to use them just to take space in raids?

Auction price of items and alts? It is just problem that you don't have players in game at all. Look on https://steamcharts.com/app/304030#48h multiplied it 10 and you will have your daily players number at all servers. So you have what? 600 players per server / per day? Most of them just coming in, do some daily and log out. It is the problem why are items in AH cheap. No one is willing sell items without profit. But many players can do it, because they have items from players who left the game. And this is not causing because of alts, it is because the game is full of bugs, exploits.

You have to understand, that since start it is about P2W, because on marketplace you have items, which you can't from another source. Like first haulere upgrades, worker compensations (they were later removed for credits and are only for loyality like Labor potions), houses without tax regulation etc.

So yea, the problem are alts... nice story, but just story.

Quote Originally Posted by sJEF View Post
    Hello,

first at all making multiple account is nothing againts TOS. You have to follow up rules and control them without third party program. It is simple like that and Trion was never ban any account which was not violationg rules. I have mine second account since 2014. Trion was never able ban alt via IP, because huge amount of ISP is using only one external IP which is showing up to game, because under it you can have even small city and it is nothing unusuall. So please do not lie.

Alts cost money, at all if you want to have alt with patron you have to pay for it. It mean, you need to have time to make money with your other accounts because you are not getting money just for have them.

What should be problem is, that you have player from EU playing on US server and vice versa. Because they are making cheap taxes, cheap labor potions, cheap vocation items etc. I am doing this as well, because it is allowed. So on US I was mining as hell to get free apexes and purchase something from market or get free month. Still I have to purchase time and credits sometimes, because I am using the marketplace potions, I am purchasing lot of marketplace stuff. But still if you have more accounts, you have to feed them and it cost you money. It is simply like that.

People with more accounts are allowing us continue playing. Server cost something, power cost something and employees as well. If you are not able replace one ach alt with regular player (and you are not able), there is no ecomonic reason to change it.

And that some player are inactive in raids? It is very easy solution, start creating raids yourself and kick inactive players.

And problem with land? If you have taxes for 30 - 60s per tax and marketplace farms? You really thing, the problem are alts? I had 15 farms during patch 1.2, there was no possibility to craft and trade taxes. You have to craft them or purchase them from Marketplace or in AH for soemthing about 1,2g per tax at time when 1000 gold have rich man. And still I was able make some profit. It is not about alts, it is how often and long you are able to play. Nothing else.

I am sorry, but I don't full understand how they are worst? Cheap items on AH? Possibility to find crafter with Famed skill to create you items? And why to don't look for excuse? Because you wan't play game another way then other want?

And you really thing, that it is problem purchase game time to 2 - 3 accounts? If you do it with one year subscription its like 8 EUR / month for account? Or just have alts without patron? If you really want to use them just to take space in raids?

Auction price of items and alts? It is just problem that you don't have players in game at all. Look on https://steamcharts.com/app/304030#48h multiplied it 10 and you will have your daily players number at all servers. So you have what? 600 players per server / per day? Most of them just coming in, do some daily and log out. It is the problem why are items in AH cheap. No one is willing sell items without profit. But many players can do it, because they have items from players who left the game. And this is not causing because of alts, it is because the game is full of bugs, exploits.

You have to understand, that since start it is about P2W, because on marketplace you have items, which you can't from another source. Like first haulere upgrades, worker compensations (they were later removed for credits and are only for loyality like Labor potions), houses without tax regulation etc.

So yea, the problem are alts... nice story, but just story.
    Just because it didn't happend to you, it doesn't mean it's a lie. Indeed you are from 2014, how it never happened to your friends?

Alts costs money, time. also you are thinking double all the time. You are not enjoying roleplay experience. If you accept that and still doing that, it means it is profitable AF.
    Eu/NA thing is legit. But you can only do it with 1 person's labor. Back in time you could get like 3 apex with easy task labor spend. Now you can't even get 1 in a month. even if you sell your 5k labor for 100g. you have to use them yourself to get 1 apex.
    Back in 1.2 you could get profit with land and it was worth. Now it doesn't worth because of extreme labor usage of alts.

''People with more accounts are allowing us continue playing. Server cost something, power cost something and employees as well. If you are not able replace one ach alt with regular player (and you are not able), there is no ecomonic reason to change it.

And that some player are inactive in raids? It is very easy solution, start creating raids yourself and kick inactive players. ''

No lol. You guys are the reason people are leaving the game. ALTs are virtual players that blocks gaming company do something for the game. If you stop making alts, we can see REAL situation of the game. So gaming companies can do something about it. They could lower APEX prices, remove patron buff, advertise and be player friendly. But they don't need to do it now because they can have virtual players instead.

Are you serious? Do I have to my own raids and get away with it without Hero's dramas? LOL. You have to be a Hero to do raids, lead people. Otherwise they block you and mark you as enemy. Depends on server of course. But you still have to be a leader. To become hero, you need alts to vote you. so you can contest with other lifeless heroes lol.

Btw, you didn't tell anything about heroes using alts to vote themselves. You are trying to legitimize alts, playing since 2014 and found many excuses about alts. So, Are you a Hero???

Kadum West -Snow Flakes
    Wynn East - Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by Ashorai View Post
    ...You have to be a Hero to do raids, lead people. Otherwise they block you and mark you as enemy...To become hero, you need alts to vote you. so you can contest with other lifeless heroes lol....
    That's completely untrue. Lots of raids get led by non-heroes, and sometimes by relatively new and undergeared players, for the easier content. I see heroes who generally seem to work really hard at leading their factions, and a lot of their votes come from other people who appreciate that.

Since it seems the main irritation to folk (myself included) is AFK players in Instances or in raids, one possible solution is to expand the auto loot mode change.

If a player is tagged AFK.

They remain with the AFK tag until they perform an action appropriate to that instance
    1. Loot mode goes to auto decline
    2. at 15 seconds they gain a 4 hour debuff that prevents them from joining any instance
    3. at 30 seconds they automatically leave any raid or group
    4. at 45 seconds they gain a debuff that prevents them from joining any group for 24 hours
    5. at 60 seconds they drop the instance.

If within 60 seconds they do something appropriate to that instance all debuffs are removed and they re-join the group/raid. however the AFK timer is changed from whatever it is now, to 60 seconds and all the times above drop down to say 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 seconds.

Which means, go AFK once, you have to do something every 60 seconds or yer basically going to get dumped.

I just had another idea, possibly simpler to implement..

Allow raids to queue...
    Yreawl - Taris
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Wtf is wrong with you! Alts are essential. It lets you generate gold while you use your LP on upgrading your main's gear. Do you know how much LP opening an infusion cost? And how much gold it takes for each synthesis? You mindless fool!

And there's the truth why alts are here and how they are ruining the economy. I would get it if 1 person had +1 alt but 1 person has 100000+ alts and he's breaking the economy of the whole server. And don't give me the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ get an alt yourself or this game is like that just get used to it, i don't care really i just find it sad seeing a awesome game go lower and lower because of poor management.
    The Apex can stay the labor can stay try to remove the alts and limit the income players have and see how everything goes. As a person said try an experiment with a fresh start without alts and see how it goes. How the economy handles things. I think that they should have done it from the start no matter who is paying for ♥♥♥♥ ingame if having more than 2 accounts should be limited or something.
    But hey that's my oppinion i don't really mind you playing with a billion alts it seems sad playing by yourself in a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWolf View Post
    And there's the truth why alts are here and how they are ruining the economy. I would get it if 1 person had +1 alt but 1 person has 100000+ alts and he's breaking the economy of the whole server. And don't give me the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ get an alt yourself or this game is like that just get used to it, i don't care really i just find it sad seeing a awesome game go lower and lower because of poor management.
    The Apex can stay the labor can stay try to remove the alts and limit the income players have and see how everything goes. As a person said try an experiment with a fresh start without alts and see how it goes. How the economy handles things. I think that they should have done it from the start no matter who is paying for ♥♥♥♥ ingame if having more than 2 accounts should be limited or something.
    But hey that's my oppinion i don't really mind you playing with a billion alts it seems sad playing by yourself in a year or two.
    How do you propose they remove the alts? They've been the bane of gaming since online gaming existed and pretty much zero games have ever got rid of them. I'm sure you have a magical solution though, so let's hear it.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    How do you propose they remove the alts? They've been the bane of gaming since online gaming existed and pretty much zero games have ever got rid of them. I'm sure you have a magical solution though, so let's hear it.
    Pressing ban character and lock IP/mac adress button? (VM or multiple clients = Client doesn't run or client will crash in some minutes... 3rd crash = locked account +moved account and IP to "blacklist". Or: big value "gifts" = flagged account. 3-5 "flags" = locked account or ban)

Ask that russian guys/girls in other region maybe!

Quote Originally Posted by mikroman View Post
    Pressing ban character and lock IP/mac adress button? (VM or multiple clients = Client doesn't run or client will crash in some minutes... 3rd crash = locked account +moved account and IP to "blacklist". Or: big value "gifts" = flagged account. 3-5 "flags" = locked account or ban)

Ask that russian guys/girls in other region maybe!
    Then you clearly have no idea how networks work and there is no point in further disussion.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3