View Poll Results: Is mining Copper ore drop rate too low?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Mining Copper ore drop rate is too low.

28 65.12%
  • No, Mining Copper ore drop rate is fine.

15 34.88%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mining Copper ore drop rate too low

Mining Copper ore drop rate too low

Hello ArcheAge community. I wanted to get your opinion on a drop rate issue of mining ores. I'm on the east side on FS - Nui server and I have 230K mining proficiency and So Basalty title.
    With this proficiency and speed of mining it takes about 5-6 minutes to burn 1000 labor and from what I have seen and from drop rate of Tier 2 ores (Copper, Silver, Gold), Copper ore seems to be the worst. Forget about getting Gems from regular mining as that has been broken from the start, which is why I think they have introduced those "Clear, Vivid and Lucid unidentified ores". However, these unidentified ores do not yield Copper or Silver that I'm aware of.

Drop rate or RNG if you will on Copper is so bad that for 1000 labor I get anywhere from 15 - 20 Copper ore, which is not just bad, its abysmal.
    If you have been in this game as I have since the start of FS, you will know that Copper is pretty much used for all crafting and having it drop so rarely breaks many aspects of this game related to crafting, not to mention the illusion of making any gold on crafting.

I think something needs to be done about this super low drop rate as it's just not fair to have to burn so much labor for absolutely no meaningful return.

I would appreciate if you could post your opinion on this. Thank you.

Do you think Mining Copper ore drop rate is too low?
    1. Yes, Mining Copper drop rate is too low!
    2. No, Mining Copper drop rate is fine.

TL;DR: Store your raw stone now and if they game lasts another few years you'll be rich because XL swings the standard MMO balancing pendulum like a drunk monkey and has a habit of designing a system and then implementing pieces of it over several patches with changes that make no sense until all the pieces are in place... which confuses the heck out of players and the economy.

The thing is, copper was essentially worthless for years. It piled up the way raw stone does now. I sold so many stacks to the vendor to free up inventory... well let's just say it stings a bit. So we have XL which balances things by a combination of spreadsheet and planned changes instead of actually playing their own game seeing piles, and piles of copper just sitting unused in the data and so they make adjustments to balance the economy adding more copper sinks. Never mind that a lot of this copper floating around in the database exists on players long gone. So what we get is Locked Silver Crates which were essentially a completely pointless game element for a long while because they just were not worth opening but looked like a completely reasonable thing from XL's perspective on the amount of copper in the world and their knowledge of the (then) upcoming lunarite changes.

So what you can expect now is some future planning to re-balance things yet again which will make arbitrary changes that will fix the copper shortage. Of course in the months or years that takes it will cause an over production of the other related resources (stone, gold, iron, archeum, gems) which will be become another problem and the cycle continues.

I just think they should make the specific copper nodes drop about 3 times as much, silver ones about 2 times, and gold ones roughly what they do now. It makes exeloch actually useful and solves the copper problem.

Maybe if there was a general use for Anya it would be helpful too.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian92 View Post
    Do you think Mining Copper ore drop rate is too low?
    1. Yes, Mining Copper drop rate is too low!
    2. No, Mining Copper drop rate is fine.
    3. The necessity (->demand) of copper in the current state of the game is too high.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

Quote Originally Posted by Setrict View Post
    TL;DR: Store your raw stone now and if they game lasts another few years you'll be rich because XL swings the standard MMO balancing pendulum like a drunk monkey and has a habit of designing a system and then implementing pieces of it over several patches with changes that make no sense until all the pieces are in place... which confuses the heck out of players and the economy.

The thing is, copper was essentially worthless for years. It piled up the way raw stone does now. I sold so many stacks to the vendor to free up inventory... well let's just say it stings a bit. So we have XL which balances things by a combination of spreadsheet and planned changes instead of actually playing their own game seeing piles, and piles of copper just sitting unused in the data and so they make adjustments to balance the economy adding more copper sinks. Never mind that a lot of this copper floating around in the database exists on players long gone. So what we get is Locked Silver Crates which were essentially a completely pointless game element for a long while because they just were not worth opening but looked like a completely reasonable thing from XL's perspective on the amount of copper in the world and their knowledge of the (then) upcoming lunarite changes.

So what you can expect now is some future planning to re-balance things yet again which will make arbitrary changes that will fix the copper shortage. Of course in the months or years that takes it will cause an over production of the other related resources (stone, gold, iron, archeum, gems) which will be become another problem and the cycle continues.
    Thank you Setrict for taking the time to respond. I think you are when you say that it really looks like the people who make decisions on the changes in the game, do not actually play the game or for that matter understand what actually works in the game and what doesn't. Then again there is a monetary side to making artificial shortages of specific element in the game and then supplementing that with items from a cash shop, which we have also seen many times here. Truth is that they made so many nonsensical changes over a long period that had actual negative impact on the economy of the game, that I'm wandering if it's too late to fix all of that.

How is the drop rate in KR? Maybe its just terrible at Gamigo servers?

mining drill
    ---
    "Sandbox MMO" - Marketing gibberish for you can do anything because you have little to no support for problems arise.

I get a fair amount of copper or off my mining thatched. I pay attention to all three stages of the drill, not just stage 3. If I am online, I usually harvest when it hits stage 2 just to have 2 faster chances at copper/silver ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Allyanna View Post
    I get a fair amount of copper or off my mining thatched. I pay attention to all three stages of the drill, not just stage 3. If I am online, I usually harvest when it hits stage 2 just to have 2 faster chances at copper/silver ones.
    thats a ton of labor over time to get copper drops like 1/20 times. and effort. its not worth.
    Aria - Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by luniz View Post
    thats a ton of labor over time to get copper drops like 1/20 times. and effort. its not worth.
    May not be worth it to you, but I have 2 stacks of copper ingots and don't have to hunt it when I need it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast