+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with 5.0 Gear Changes

Help with 5.0 Gear Changes

So I'm just getting back into the game. I haven't played since 3.8. I see that obsidian gear is now obsolete and that we should convert to infusions. I was a DR, so I'm sporting celestial Shadow gear. I got my welcome back boxes and got a full set of grand plate hiram gear. Is it best for me to upgrade the grand hiram a few grade levels before converting my old obsidian gear to infusions, or should I just convert obsidian gear now to infusions and use those infusions immediately on grand grade hiram gear?

I also heard that DR is making a small comeback. Should I still stick with plate or is leather still the best option for DR? And what stats should I be rolling on my hiram gear these days for DR?

Thanks

If your old obsidian was t5 or higher, then convert into erenor infusions instead, and sell the erenor infusions for good gold.

Otherwise yes hiram conversion runes would be the way to go. I would use them right away, as hiram gets WAY more powerful as you level it up.

Also dont forget the daily 7 hiram quests in sungold exeloch reedwind diamond shores and west hiram mountains.

Can join public groups to help finish these dailies until you can solo them.

Also welcome back!!

Quote Originally Posted by Troms View Post
    So I'm just getting back into the game. I haven't played since 3.8. I see that obsidian gear is now obsolete and that we should convert to infusions. I was a DR, so I'm sporting celestial Shadow gear. I got my welcome back boxes and got a full set of grand plate hiram gear. Is it best for me to upgrade the grand hiram a few grade levels before converting my old obsidian gear to infusions, or should I just convert obsidian gear now to infusions and use those infusions immediately on grand grade hiram gear?

I also heard that DR is making a small comeback. Should I still stick with plate or is leather still the best option for DR? And what stats should I be rolling on my hiram gear these days for DR?

Thanks
    If your Obsidian gear is at a high enough tier for farming, I'd go farm some more Hiram pieces first with it. Progressing Hiram gear is straightforward, you're just feeding gear pieces and infusions into it. But you want to get a good set of substats on your gear so that you won't have to do redo grinding in the future. You want your primary stat (STR in your case) along with Resilience/HP for armor, Crit/Crit DMG for weapon. You can see what possible stats each gear piece can get in the upgrade window, just click the little magnifying glass.

You get rerolls as the gear's grade increases, so you don't need a perfect set of substats, but getting as close as you can saves headaches later down the line. And grinding Hiram pieces is easier than grinding for rerolls.

I farmed my Hiram weapons fine in Soulforged gear which was comparable to celestial T1 obsidian gear when we received it. Don't fight in the grand grade hiram. Wait till you get it to at least the same GS as your old gear before you convert your obsidian pieces.

+ Reply to Thread