+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: some magician set leather

Quote Originally Posted by Harveaux View Post
    +1

But we also need to take in consideration that Magic Damage Users do not have any kind of Critical Damage Bonus from Skills (Archery have Steady Shooting and Battlerage have Delyrium Stacks or Precision Strike), that mean that is harder to reach very high amounts of Critical Damage, but that's does not mean that you should go Full Defence Penetration without thinking about it...

Against Leather is probably better Armor Penetration Build, against Cloth is probably better Critical Damage Build, against Plate it does not really matter...
    Agreed.
    Idk why i laughed so hard at the plate not mattering part, cuz its so true, yet mages are claiming that they do no dmg in a plate-set meta. I think its more that 2h mages die in 1-2hits from any physical dps of equal gs and dmg, so they arent enjoying the game. (1 shots are never fun, and XL needs to do something about that~)
    Pew (Wynn/Kaylin)
    <The Shadehunting Master>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuU..._as=subscriber
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Trusivraj?lang=en
    Twitch Stream Channel:
    https://www.twitch.tv/trusivraj

Quote Originally Posted by Trusivraj View Post
    Agreed.
    Idk why i laughed so hard at the plate not mattering part, cuz its so true, yet mages are claiming that they do no dmg in a plate-set meta. I think its more that 2h mages die in 1-2hits from any physical dps of equal gs and dmg, so they arent enjoying the game. (1 shots are never fun, and XL needs to do something about that~)
    Well, people whine for everything is not a news... Mage can oneshot exactly the same as a Battlerage Class, the only difference is that Battlerage have quickier/more fluid Combos/CCs and this tend to be frustrating when you get caught by it, Melee is for sure easy-mode against not so expert Players.

I would say that Archers have Medium Mobility/"Quick Low"-Damage/High Range, Mages have Low Mobility/"High Slow"-Damage/Medium Range, Melees have High Mobility/"Quick High"-Damage/Low Range...

Anyway I looked a bit more on the Mage Topic that Aquile asked... And I saw that in terms of Magic Defence, Cloth is in the 16k Range (I thought that they were also at 20k like Plate Armor) at that point of Gear, so I would change my point on that regard, against a Cloth-User without a Magic-Shield (So 2H/DW/Physical-Shield) is far better going Defence Penetration.... At 16k Defence the Full Armor Penetration Build still win by a very large margin... If instead he's using a Magic-Shield is better going with the Hybrid Critical Damage/Armor Penetration Build.

Magic have a clear advantage that can't be Parried/Blocked, so if it hit, the Critical Damage can't be negated...
    That is different against Physical Classes, we overlooked that particular when we discussed about it! The Parry and or Block chances are pretty huge at that point of Gear, that can negate pretty much most of the Damage of a Critical Damage Build...

I was so focussed on the Numbers that I didn't even thought about it, that changes a lot in the terms of Defence Penetration vs Hybrid Build.

I don't know anymore if at that point Critical Damage Builds can be better even at +20k Physical Defence, now Hybrid Builds have two problems:

1. Less Critical Rate compared to Full Armor Penetration Build.
    2. That Critical Damage can be completly negated by Parry/Block (Thing that do not happen in Armor Penetration Build since it is able to do Damage even without Critical Strike).

Magic have a clear advantage that can't be Parried/Blocked, so if it hit, the Critical Damage can't be negated...
    That is different against Physical Classes, we overlooked that particular when we discussed about it! The Parry and or Block chances are pretty huge at that point of Gear, that can negate pretty much most of the Damage of a Critical Damage Build...
    2. That Critical Damage can be completly negated by Parry/Block (Thing that do not happen in Armor Penetration Build since it is able to do Damage even without Critical Strike).
    In at least Raid v Raid Block/Parry/Evade much less concern for melee who typically are attacking from behind and/or with their opponent tripped and/or otherwise CCed.
    Volunteer editor of the Community 'Complete Healer Guide Continued ...'
    Volunteer admin of the List of the Server's top Weapons;
    Volunteer admin of the Nazar Server Guild List;
    GM of the family friendly guild <Creepers Gonna Creep>

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoze View Post
    In at least Raid v Raid Block/Parry/Evade much less concern for melee who typically are attacking from behind and/or with their opponent tripped and/or otherwise CCed.
    Well Full Defence Penetration already win by a large margin for Melee in any case, Parry/Block is only an eventuality that make it win more, so it does not really matter.

I was more scared for Archers.

Well Full Defence Penetration already win by a large margin for Melee in any case, Parry/Block is only an eventuality that make it win more, so it does not really matter.

I was more scared for Archers.
    I agree that Block/Parry/Evade is more of a concern for Archers.
    Volunteer editor of the Community 'Complete Healer Guide Continued ...'
    Volunteer admin of the List of the Server's top Weapons;
    Volunteer admin of the Nazar Server Guild List;
    GM of the family friendly guild <Creepers Gonna Creep>

So, for 1h/shield, and especially hybrid mages, should you just be going full MDef pen? Ofc, with the scaling I'm seeing, you need full t3 or a metric crapton of honor to do this?

ok i was going to keep my mouth shut as i dont particularly want loads of players copying this however it's been just too much fun coupled with the fact that the vast majority of casters in this game have not figured this out just makes it too good to keep to myself any longer.

ok a little background to start, until a month ago i played a healer a good one at that a little different to how other healers were set up but it worked for me for the most part however there was a series of gripes that were starting to get on my nerves grinding was evil, pvp was toxic as hell, and i was constantly getting one shot off pretty much everyone despite have a a 12.5k gs and a mythic buff. ultimately i had enough i was faced with two choices quite and go play something else or make something newish "it's not new iv heard players talking about it but very quietly for awhile like me a guess they didn't want this getting out oh well".

anyways i decided to take everything i learned about this game specifically casters grab one of my alts and start gearing it. that was 4 weeks ago now she's a 9.5k gs attack speed mage specking full magic defense pen and she's been slaughtering 12 and 14k's since she was a 5k. she has her weaknesses however the damage output and speed is off the chart and coupled with practice aka using the combo's pure lethal. now i wont go into exact builds just yet if its requested sure np. it's been long enough iv had my fun however i must say theres is a part of me that wants to keep this to myself. having this become the new meta would suck "for me". also typing it all out would take ages not just the build itself but why it works as it is very different to how magic is normally played but so much fun

so do i reveal all or keep my mouth shut? you guys choose

I'd like to see the numbers on mages. I'm under the impression the mix of penetration and dmg are probably the best. Has anyone done the math on Charming and effects of these builds?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5