+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PTS: one time character migration

PTS: one time character migration

So chatting away on Tanis about this vehicle bug (and you will be pleased to know a lot of folk sympathise with the Dev team on this) an idea occurred to me..

Once this is fixed, spin up a test environment which is an exact duplicate of Live but with no characters. (yes we know and acknowledge you would need to use sub standard hardware and gameplay may be impacted by this) - let's call it PTS-L

Then allow players to request a one time character copy of one of their characters from their patron account.

Then Each time there is a major patch, action it on PRS-L first, request all players test things (offer BIG presents on Live if they do) - Evaluate, then patch Live.

Once live is patch, revert all characters to the state they were in immediately after PTS-L was patched.

This will prevent folk from using PTS-L as a live server, but should get some more detailed testing.

it's pretty much impossible to test the new end game things when you have to grind for gear first.

you mean like set up an actual test environment? Nope, we have a marketing server and play with zero effort server.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Fluffy commands are enough to test end game content. I guess you're using them wrong and you're asking too much from a PTS server lol.

Try testing dungeon gear or hiram awakening with only fluffy commands and you'll find that it's pretty hard.

Also, try getting end game gear without alts. You won't be able to get better than celestial erenor and that assuming you don't wanna test different builds. You'll even run out of labor before you're done gemming your stuff.
    The current fluffy commands that can only be done once aren't very test friendly for end game content, we just found ways to exploit them so we can try endgame stuff without too much grinding.

Well to get to Epic Erenor, took me 27 days, and 4 accounts (8 characters in total) - and yes it was essentially exploiting the system as is..

Current fluffy commands are a bit poo... and to add, it's almost impossible to mirror my current live main to actually compare like for like. - Oh, and then there's vehicles...

+ Reply to Thread