+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Bugs vs Marketplace Updates

1.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1
    Community Manager

Bugs vs Marketplace Updates

Heya,

There have been some questions about why it is possible to update the Marketplace every week but not fix specific bugs that occurred, for example, the vehicle spawning issue on Taris.
    We felt like we need to clarify that and what we as CM's / Publishers actually do.

Marketplace updates can be delivered at every time by the publisher, as long as the file with the updates exists.
    This means that we just need to update a single function of the game, which does not touch the code, and the marketplace update is done.
    But there is a difference between the marketplace updates and the way bugs are fixed in-game.
    Just to understand it we are showing you the route which an issue in-game takes until it is being solved.

Player Report via Forum/Ticket -> QA team investigates -> Reports it to the Developers and Producers -> Developers will investigate the issue -> Developer provides build with a fix -> Producers plan maintenance to deploy the fix -> Should be fixed.

These steps can vary, as each bug has their own needs for QA and developers sometimes need additional information to look into how or why a bug has occurred.

For example, the vehicle issue that occurred:
    For the Community it may seem like the answer to the issue is as simple as a server restart or a copy and paste of code, but sometimes this isn't the case.
    The Developers look into why the issue is happening, why the issue is only occurring on one server, and how they can fix it to prevent future issues like this occurring again. While the issue seems like it could be a simple fix, it could potential break other aspects of the game.

Hey did your bug fix for Taris vehicle issue break every arena instances?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Carendash View Post
    Heya,

There have been some questions about why it is possible to update the Marketplace every week but not fix specific bugs that occurred, for example, the vehicle spawning issue on Taris.
    We felt like we need to clarify that and what we as CM's / Publishers actually do.

Marketplace updates can be delivered at every time by the publisher, as long as the file with the updates exists.
    This means that we just need to update a single function of the game, which does not touch the code, and the marketplace update is done.
    But there is a difference between the marketplace updates and the way bugs are fixed in-game.
    Just to understand it we are showing you the route which an issue in-game takes until it is being solved.

Player Report via Forum/Ticket -> QA team investigates -> Reports it to the Developers and Producers -> Developers will investigate the issue -> Developer provides build with a fix -> Producers plan maintenance to deploy the fix -> Should be fixed.

These steps can vary, as each bug has their own needs for QA and developers sometimes need additional information to look into how or why a bug has occurred.

For example, the vehicle issue that occurred:
    For the Community it may seem like the answer to the issue is as simple as a server restart or a copy and paste of code, but sometimes this isn't the case.
    The Developers look into why the issue is happening, why the issue is only occurring on one server, and how they can fix it to prevent future issues like this occurring again. While the issue seems like it could be a simple fix, it could potential break other aspects of the game.
    We totaly understand that your guys from gamigo doesn't work under development but, why do we have a test server if your guys dont test everything before apply on real servers?

and why gamigo doesn't answer our tickets! trion was not the best company in the world, but before gamigo buy them, they always have answered our tickets with small issues!

About your market place, so sorry ur boys are terrible on this!
    look superior red regrade charm! there 1 cost over 3k ATM, your guys are unbalancing economy of the game since you dont know what to set up to sell! is funny some times there have duun blessing to sell but no box with superior red, and some times no duuns , but reds there, atm have any of both and the prices goes so high! about apexes, today price are too high, why dont you make a SALE of apex on your website!
    ur packs 150,100,50 USD are same from like months its totally useless,
    about this new PATCH there no PRE SALE of new stuff, trion always made pre-sale with fresh items, they did alot STREAMING talking to ppl! before releasing.. your market action are totaly BAD!!!!

the double event of weekend, of on arenas reward failed! but why ur guys shutdown this? you could select from database who played, then u could send reward after! but dont shut down our events, we got weekend bored cuz everyone wanted farm things on this new events.
    ur mistakes make ppl stop play the game! less player less profit! think about it before making that s h i t!

ALSO the new ANCHORING TEMPER CHARM not working right, i feel like got robbed 15k of credits no one answer ticket!! we share things here we open ticket and we got like totally ignored! was not only me complaining was alot ppl! (AGAIN why dont you release new stuff on test server for real player TEST BEFORE Release it on REAL sERVERS!!)

I want to know if there's going to be any compensation because I've been unable to move my pacs for days, I've lost a lot of pacs that have been aged with this failure, you know very well that there's an economy in the game, a market that can not stop, and who needs to work to stay with PATRON had many prejudices because of this bug

@carendash i left you a feedback i wished recieve something like ok i WE got it! :/

PLease tell us that our current costumes will be allowed to be Chroma. I have allllllllllllllll them Yata costumes already. Not buying them AGAIN.
    ~BOOP~
    Old Timers Guild
    Tahyang, Conviction, Kadum

Och, es ist ja ganz niedlich, so ein buntes Yatakostümchen.......NUR womit soll man es färben? Es gibt ja keine herstellbaren oder kaufbaren Färbetickets

+ Reply to Thread