+ Reply to Thread

Thread: House design ideas

House design ideas

I would like it if you could offer some new house designs. I would love to own an old farm house design or Victorian design, for example. Also, paths would be fun. They could come in many different textures such as bricks, river rock, dirt, tile. I know you made it so we can change the color and design of the walls in our houses (which I still have not figured out how to do) But it would be great if we could paint the outside, also. That way we could each have our own unique looking home.

Also, artificial turf would be great for those areas that don't have green landscape (like Dewstone). I'd love to have a lawn. I have surrounded my property with the butterfly bushes and it looks awesome. It would be totally cool if you'd create butterfly type shrubs that didn't have the planter boxes. They could be placed in a way that they create a fence.

And last but not least, is there a way you could create a corral or pasture that could house some of our mounts and pets? I have the storage box for my mounts, which is great, but some of them I'd like to just turn out onto a pasture so people can see them. It would be nice if I could also put some of my battle pets in there. I love my pet turkey, but I don't want to carry him around with me. I keep him in a trunk. I'd love to be able to just turn him loose on the property.

I hope you consider some of these ideas. One of my favorite aspects of the game is decorating my properties.
    Laceylace

Kadum

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey0ne View Post
    ...I know you made it so we can change the color and design of the walls in our houses (which I still have not figured out how to do)...
    The in-game part of it is really easy, but it only works on certain types of houses. (From 5.0 patch notes: Cottages, Manors, Townhouses, Farmhouses, Villas and Chalets have the option to change the appearance of their floors, ceilings and inner walls, using the UCC system.) Upgraded versions of these houses can also be customized.

There's a button on the house nameplate interface called Building Customization (little house and paintbrush icon). When you click that, it allows you to apply crest stamps to the inside walls, floors, and ceilings. You only need one stamp for each surface, so a total of three if you want to customize everything possible. You can preview before applying any changes, and it's not necessary to remove any decor.

The tricky part is making the crest images; they work best if you use seamless tiling patterns, otherwise you will see obvious seams. Images with a little bit of texture look more natural than flat colors.

Since you're on Kadum, I have two public chests with free house customization crest stamps available; take as many as you like to play with. Locations:

Sanddeep, Begonia Hilltop (there's also a public apothecary's house next door)

Mahadevi, north of City of Towers

...But it would be great if we could paint the outside, also. That way we could each have our own unique looking home.
    Looks like that may be an upcoming feature! If you watch this video, at one point you can see someone working on exterior house customization.
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...29#post2734129
    Mulberry ~ <Archangels> ~ Kadum East
    Moonstone ~ <Odyssey> ~ Kadum West
    Snowberry ~ Cinnabar ~ Kadum East

OMGosh, thanks for this info!!

And the crest stamps. What a wonderful thing for you to do! I've got to try this now!!!!
    Laceylace

Kadum

Look here, it is an old post in the German forum, which is almost identical to the topic.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...duelle-Gebäude
    Zarcata
    BIG Rice-Farmer JAKAR

Yeah i would like to see some new ones as well with new functions, the Windmill and Watermill are a nice example. I hope they do some new things in the buildings.
    Rangora > Tempest > Jakar
    On my journey through this world i met so many great people and made long lasting friends. It has been an honor fighting and traveling by your sides.
    Proud and Free Firran
    IG: Favaro

Quote Originally Posted by Zarcata View Post
    Look here, it is an old post in the German forum, which is almost identical to the topic.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...duelle-Gebäude
    Yeah, but I'm an ignorant American who doesn't understand German!

And the crest stamps. What a wonderful thing for you to do! I've got to try this now!!!!
    I'd love to see some screenshots of what you do with them!

+ Reply to Thread