+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: [Complete] Archeage EU Maintenance - 2PM UTC - April 23rd

1.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1
    Community Manager

[Complete] Archeage EU Maintenance - 2PM UTC - April 23rd

Hey everyone,

We are bringing down the EU servers for an additional hardware maintenance at 2PM UTC on April 23rd
    This maintenance is mandatory to ensure the longevity of the server stability.
    We do expect a downtime of 8 hours.

Currently, there is no plan of having another maintenance on Wednesday.
    We will update you in this thread as the servers go live again.

~The ArcheAge Team

but why are you doing this at this hour? Are you doing it on purpose?

So far i think it's on purpose doing the maintenance in prime hours and for long periods. Why wasn't it possible for them to do it now in the morning when everyone is starting work, but nope go prime time when most of the people would want to come on and enjoy the game. Servers back up at 12 tonight when most of the people are gonna sleep. Can't do the daily eggs, some may lose larders that they planned in advance for today.
    Rangora > Tempest > Jakar
    On my journey through this world i met so many great people and made long lasting friends. It has been an honor fighting and traveling by your sides.
    Proud and Free Firran
    IG: Favaro

Wtf

What about loyalty tokens and labour stipends for those who cant logon as they have work/school?
    Second time you have a planned maintenance with no compensation that affect the ability for people to claim their paid goods?

These sepcific services are paid for, so you need to compensate for you making your customers unable to get what they paid for!

Quote Originally Posted by Astroidz View Post
    What about loyalty tokens and labour stipends for those who cant logon as they have work/school?
    Second time you have a planned maintenance with no compensation that affect the ability for people to claim their paid goods?

These sepcific services are paid for, so you need to compensate for you making your customers unable to get what they paid for!
    This is mostly due to the fact that people in USA are doing the maintenance and that is with these murky timetables. It's a bit dumb like this because i am at work from 8 till 4 and basicaly miss everything
    On my journey through this world i met so many great people and made long lasting friends. It has been an honor fighting and traveling by your sides.
    Proud and Free Firran

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWolf View Post
    This is mostly due to the fact that people in USA are doing the maintenance and that is with these murky timetables. It's a bit dumb like this because i am at work from 8 till 4 and basicaly miss everything
    Umm why would people in USA do the maint when the servers are physically located in netherlands for EU? That doesnt sound right and its a hardware maint so people have to be on site non of that makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by MiroH View Post
    Umm why would people in USA do the maint when the servers are physically located in netherlands for EU? That doesnt sound right and its a hardware maint so people have to be on site non of that makes sense
    It's gonna sound plausible when you see the working hours of the maintenance. Those are normal times when USA start working hours. And we are the ones that suffer a bit. The first one was alright but i thought they would have learned from the last one with the times of the maintenance. They are the ones that decide what the hell and when they do but it's ruining some things for the majority that is working in those hours.
    Proud and Free Firran

Quote Originally Posted by MiroH View Post
    Unless the people with the knowledge are sitting in the US. They are involved wether you think it makes sense or not.

Ok most of Trion was located in the states. I have no idea if that's still the case now with Gamigo since Gamigo is a German/EU firm. Where they are located doesn't really matter though. They publish in the EU through EU servers located in Amsterdam. This means european consumer laws are in effect. Frankly how they do their maintenance is up to them as long as they deliver the service that consumers pay for OR compensate that part of the service they fail to deliver. Small print give's the company/producer/Publisher often the option of doing maintanance without compensation. When you sign up for their services/play their game, you automatically give them permission to do that. If that's also the case here I don't know I haven't checked the small print

On the other hand: compensation doesn't cost Gamigo anything (since they already received the payment) and it would put them on better terms with the community. So what kind of company is Gamigo? The one that holds you to the letter of your contract or one with a heart for it's community and customers?

Quote Originally Posted by Dedyda View Post
    Ok most of Trion was located in the states. I have no idea if that's still the case now with Gamigo since Gamigo is a German/EU firm. Where they are located doesn't really matter though. They publish in the EU through EU servers located in Amsterdam. This means european consumer laws are in effect. Frankly how they do their maintenance is up to them as long as they deliver the service that consumers pay for OR compensate that part of the service they fail to deliver. Small print give's the company/producer/Publisher often the option of doing maintanance without compensation. When you sign up for their services/play their game, you automatically give them permission to do that. If that's also the case here I don't know I haven't checked the small print

On the other hand: compensation doesn't cost Gamigo anything (since they already received the payment) and it would put them on better terms with the community. So what kind of company is Gamigo? The one that holds you to the letter of your contract or one with a heart for it's community and customers?
    I think you lose your words .... i don't think Gamigo care about community and costomers ... only for the euros to take and at this part of game still worth...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast