+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: Gear Score Requirements

Quote Originally Posted by Carendash View Post
    Heya,

The Gearscore requirement is set to 4000.
    Instances that are affected by it are:
    • Golden Plains Battle
    • Red Dragonís Keep
    • The Fall of Hiram City
    Carendash
    My alts have 3.800 alone by having the returners gear on. Which means i could simply just trade one piece of my 9 set erenor gear and i would meet the gs requirements. All that effort for nothing.
    And you approach here is totally wrong. Gearscore has no meaning at all. The lower players are more helpful than people that afk. Why isnt there a afk timer like every other instance has ?
    Or the easiest solution, enforce the trion rule queuing against alts in arenas is forbidden . Add a report alt button and you will see once people will get suspended /punished via that, there wont be any alts anymore inside.

Personnaly, my alt have 3k gs, i just have to xp a little his hiram gear and i've 4k to put him into red dragon. so it's not enough

4k is like no requirement at all lol.
    Should be at least 8k + ancestral 34
    The new player argument is dumb. New players should be leveling and gearing up anyways, they can wait.
    CUDDLEPUDDLES

Quote Originally Posted by Darsy View Post
    My alts have 3.800 alone by having the returners gear on. Which means i could simply just trade one piece of my 9 set erenor gear and i would meet the gs requirements. All that effort for nothing.
    And you approach here is totally wrong. Gearscore has no meaning at all. The lower players are more helpful than people that afk. Why isnt there a afk timer like every other instance has ?
    Or the easiest solution, enforce the trion rule queuing against alts in arenas is forbidden . Add a report alt button and you will see once people will get suspended /punished via that, there wont be any alts anymore inside.
    The report alt, or AFK does seem more plausible. And doesn't punish returning players.

Quote Originally Posted by Azia View Post
    Well it will certainly knock out all the very low geared alts but there are still very many alts of 4000+who will still get in, we will have to wait & see if it makes any difference. Personally I always enter Golden Plains Battle with my healer alt, but he is 5500 and I do USE his songs and buffs as well as my own dps when in combat. He is not just afk the whole time!

On a negative note it dont take much to boost any alt to the required 4000 and you can be sure it will be done by the determined! I think something like you have in Mistmerrow where if afk for 5 minutes you get kicked but its very easy for a legitimate player to get kicked and where you can re-enter MM you can't do this with Halcy! That is a sore point with me as there are multiple disconnects all the time at Halcy and you have no way of being able to re-enter (same with all the new instances).
    I can relate, i que Halcy (and only halcy) with my alt, but he's playing songs and healing, he's not super geared, but you don't need gear for songcraft, the 4k gs is going to cull the horde by a massive amount, but just you wait and see, soon people will gear their alts with semi-mediocre gear and that cap will be eliminated almost imediately.
    Termocaos | Founder since 2014
    <Pink Fluffy Unicorns>
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Janudar > Leviathan > Ezi
    Unquestioned #1 Hero of Ezi
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Omg, Bdhm worst guild ever :<" - Someone Salty 2016
    "I hate healer 1v1s, it's like slapping eachother with a band aid" - Termocaos 2017

Quote Originally Posted by gashcake View Post
    4k is like no requirement at all lol.
    Should be at least 8k + ancestral 34
    The new player argument is dumb. New players should be leveling and gearing up anyways, they can wait.
    Sorry, I have to argue on the side of player with only 2-3 hours of game play time. Punishing them for not being Ancestral level 34 is wrong. People without labor can't level up to Ancestral 34 unlike People with Patron. Since the Ancestral level cap has gone up, I have been without Patron, and without time to actually do anything to earn EXP. So, I'm under Ancestral 15 on my accounts.

GS requirement is irrelevant and useless: There are players with 4k GS being more helpful than 10k+ GS leeching in any instance*

Instead, this would help:
    - Ability to create premades with 20+ players
    - Votekick + autokick for afkers and leechers

Or track the activity and status of every player based on specific parameters (damage taken, movement, location changes, skills used, and so on...)

*it's a 12k+ without alt stating this

New returning player here, offering input from a fresh perspective.

Raising the GS won't alleviate the problem, well perhaps it will but only in a minor way and temporary.

I've been around a lot of games and if there is something to exploit in a game then players will find a way to do so. That's how it is. If you raise the GS, players will just keep increasing the GS on their alts. You can keep raising the GS, but as long as there is some sort of long term advantage to gain by alting then players that alt will definitely invest more time in gearing them to take part in the events. Its not going to fix the problem.

I understand that you are publisher and not the developer. You're limited to what you can do with the client code, and this is one of the easiest fixes for you to implement.. but it won't work - for reasons stated above.

You can look at why people are exploiting events with alts and remove that incentive, but will that impact negatively on the legitimate player? E.g make honour items untradeable? I think this would be a sledgehammer solution and extremely negative, but it would fix the cause and not just the symptoms. I would think this would be the last resort.

You can look at how many clients per I.P a player can log during events. But then people can easily get around this with software or hardware proxy.

You could have a player made raid that only receives the reward or a voting system (you vote for players that contributed to the event) but again these are flawed solutions because guilds / honour farmers will make raids for just them and all their alts and alts will obviously be voting for one another.

I think the only solution that is ever going to fix this is one requiring human input. Allocate rewards on completion of the event based on a human test. For example, flash a 4 digit code on screen for 2 seconds and then allow 5 seconds for the person to enter that code to receive the prize. This is easy for one player with one client to do. Perhaps someone with 2 screens and 2 clients can complete it to, but I doubt anyone with 3 or more clients could complete the test on all 3 clients. If they can, then hell, they would deserve the honour in my opinion.

Its unfortunate that players ruin games in this way, but it does need a proper solution and not a band-aid masking an obvious going problem.

I guess it will keep people from rolling 100 alts. Maybe they will be whittled down to 8-10 alts if you go 4k. You can pretty much sneeze and get 4k now. I haven't done a single one of these new events because of the alts overrunning anything that gives out anything that can turn into trade-able/sell-able goods. I'm not going to put in the effort just for the alts to stand around and get rewards. Not happening. Let us form our own groups/raids and take them through and then I will participate. This random group queue stuff is just useless when you allow everyone to have unlimited accounts and unlimited alts. Alts have always been the downfall of AA in the US, but this has really brought them into the light.

\o/ well done, its a start!

And if possible please increase the Red dragon instance to have a min gs of 6k so people arent getting one shotted and going afk!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast