+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fishing school can not be used for fishing

Fishing school can not be used for fishing

In order to finish the achievement fish in sweat water i am looking for fishing school in said areas.
    According to logic it should be all areas that are within a continent of either haranya or nuia. But some of them are not working, i will be updating the list after finding spots that are not working. Screenshots will be included and will show if fishing can be initiated or not. The requirements for sport fishings are:having this buff

and being close to a
    The proficiencie requirement is also met but the icon is not appearing for usage:

I have also reused a sport lure just to check if i have to be using a new one just before i enter the spot which did not change the behaviour of the fishing school spot. Using a Chum Bucket (which is used for actual saltwater fishing) has not changed the not working part.

Gweonid

Spots that did not spawn any fishing schools:
    Two Crowns

Arcum Iris

Silent Forest

you need to use a chopped fish bucket (if saltwater fishing) OR chum (Freshwater fishing)

Chopped fish buckets are crafted using Pike
    Chum i believe is bought from a general merchant or crafted though i'm unsure which

you might be using the wrong bait
    Kadum East
    Jasperaus
    <Convergence>

Due to limit in screens i have to make a 2nd post:
    Windscour Savannah

Rokhala Mountains

Quote Originally Posted by Jasperaus View Post
    you need to use a chopped fish bucket (if saltwater fishing) OR chum (Freshwater fishing)

Chopped fish buckets are crafted using Pike
    Chum i believe is bought from a general merchant or crafted though i'm unsure which

you might be using the wrong bait
    They have changed the whole system and now there is no need for any kind of chum anymore beside the chum bucket for salt waterfishing and ground fish chum for advanced baitfishing.
    In a different post, which covers a differnt problem i have been able to fish with just the fishing lure. So the system is correct for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsy View Post
    They have changed the whole system and now there is no need for any kind of chum anymore beside the chum bucket for salt waterfishing and ground fish chum for advanced baitfishing.
    In a different post, which covers a differnt problem i have been able to fish with just the fishing lure. So the system is correct for sure.
    Sorry, Darsy, but there has been no such change. You still need "Chum" from the general merchant in order to sport fish in fresh water spots. The spot in Ahnimar is an exception, because it is always chummed (blame the daru), never expires and, I guess, that's why it does not count to the achievements.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

Quote Originally Posted by Turambaredolas View Post
    Sorry, Darsy, but there has been no such change. You still need "Chum" from the general merchant in order to sport fish in fresh water spots. The spot in Ahnimar is an exception, because it is always chummed (blame the daru), never expires and, I guess, that's why it does not count to the achievements.

Using the chum like you described just killed the spot entirely.
    Also what is the respawn timer for those spots since i cant seem to find any of them anymore at all.
    Wanna exclude the strange coincidence that it just despawned as i "chumed " it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsy View Post

Using the chum like you described just killed the spot entirely.
    Also what is the respawn timer for those spots since i cant seem to find any of them anymore at all.
    OK that is weird. Unless there is a bug, you may have chummed at exactly the moment it despawned.

Spawn/Respawn of fresh water spots:
    All fresh water spots spawn at the same time (at least that's what I noticed on Nuia). -> you need to check when
    They despawn after 30 minutes if they are not chummed.
    A chummed fresh water spot stays for 45 minutes so and everyone else can catch as many as possible - it's between 40-60 for me (in contrast: salt water spots despawn after a certain amount of fish were lured).
    They respawn 1h30min after their last spawn.

As an example:

08:00 spots spawn all over the continent (world)
    08:15 you chum a spot
    08:30 spots that are not chummed despawn
    09:00 the spot you chummed despawns
    09:30 all spots respawn

btw: You should do this achievement in a group/raid, because every single fish caught by the raid counts towards every single member's achievement.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

+ Reply to Thread