+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A few newbie questions

A few newbie questions

I made my way into Auroria and it's time for me to ask some stuff as the community in the /n chat seems rather unhelpful and wants to repel new player influx at all costs, as it seems.

1. seeing slots on my Hiram gear pieces for Lunagems, although I still can't quite understand how to get these. My character feels rather underpowered right now, seeing people oneshot me and spam emotes afterwards, killing mobs in one or two hits I wondered how I could improve my gear a bit. I found these gems in the honor shop, however they cost quite a bit, is it even recommended getting them from there or is there another more convenient way?
    1.5 If no, is there a way besides dailies to farm honor to get those gems at an acceptable pace?

2. can I expect the pvp to stay like this? I mean, that oneshot stuff. Whoever gets the jump on someone first will likely get a kill, or will that change when the gear gets better?

3. What difference is there between wielding a 2h weapon vs dual wielding on a melee class? Is there currently a superior choice or is it down to preference?

4. Is there currently a "proper" way to spend labor? Right now I'm just opening purses and boxes which I drop from grinding, before I have mined a bit and sold ingots, however the game kind of drowns you in Labor sinks so I'd appreciate a bit clarity on that one. Is it even worth the labor opening the dropped stuff other than infusions and Hiram gear?

5. Is there a proper way of managing your mp and hp while farming? As I said I'm feel kind of underpowered, I'm burning through my food at a frightening pace and I wonder if there are any tricks that can help me keep my mp and hp up. I'm an executioner, so cc would be a solution of course, however I'd get rid of my mp rather quickly. I could counter that by using Frenzy, but then a stiff breeze would completely annihilate my HP bar.

6. Is there a comprehensive list of daily stuff to do at 55+? Right now I'd just do the 5 or so trade pack quests in diamond shore for some guild currency (are these the only ones?), the crimson rift dailies as well as the obligatory bunker and kill dailies that usually get done in the raid after that. I strongly assume that there is more than just these, I'd appreciate any help.
    6.5 by the way people keep doing the bunker dailies but the only bunkers I have to kill are located elsewhere, do I need to finish these quests first before getting the dailies or so I take the ones everyone's doing at a certain npc?

7. What accessories do people typically farm or craft? There aren't any Hiram accessories, and most players hide their gear for no reason so I'm kind of helpless as to what exactly to get at 55.

8. I've seen some people using wings to escape pvp situations at ridiculous speeds, what are these? I know there are flying mounts but I can't quite figure out whether they're actually mounts or gliders, and how do I get those to keep up? I've seen that twice already that people would just hit Impale and buzz off at the speed of light

9. I've seen a few people having +20 stuff and above, where do I get the mats for tempering? I have dropped only two so far out of hours of farming, is farming the only way to get them for my Hiram stuff? Also, is there rng involved at higher levels? How hard is it to push your stuff to that level?

10. Is the amount of maintenances something that happens regularly? Since I started a week and a half ago, there were like 5 maintenances, should I be worried?

11. I can't seem to be able to open the dungeon finder. I wanted to use that feature earlier in the game to check out some of the game's dungeons, but the tabs for dungeons and raids are greyed out, I tried going to the entrances but nobody would be there at any given time, so how are people doing dungeons? I mean, before having Patron the button itself wouldn't work, but now it only shows me the pvp related stuff, with the raids and dungeons greyed out.

12. Is there anything of importance to save my Gilda stars for? Right now I'm sitting at 250 and I haven't looked much into it.

13. I've seen a good mount in the honor shop but at some point it was apparently changed so you have to craft it, I can't remember the game, something with dash in it, but where can I craft it? I can't find the proper crafting utility for it.

Sorry if the thread title was a bit misleading, I thought I'd keep it short but online resources are mostly outdated so I guess I had to go all out on that one :/ keep in mind that I'm a bloody noob to this game, so I'd probably need you to explain abbreviations/terms to me as I probably can't process the info otherwise

1. besides the honor shop you can online get them by buying them from the Action House,

2. Most PVP is like that untill you get to the stage where you are around the same GS as the enemy or you're tanky enough to take a few hits,

3. There is a full thread about that: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...s-attack-speed)

4. You can run trade packs to get some gold, they do need you to infest into materials,

5. Use potions for HP/Mana, or get a alt which can give you HP/Mana,

6. I'm not sure there is,

7. Either crafted or Noryette (End game dungeon drops),

8. Most of the time that are a glider sub type called Magicopters,

9. You get Tempering stuff from the crates that drop from mobs,

10. Normaly we get about 1 maintenaince each week (Wednessday),

11. Archeage doesn't really have a dungeon finder you basicly spam nation chat with 'Looking for group for x',

12. You can save them for house designs,

13. Thunder Dash? You need to buy the design for the Earther Roar from the Gilda Star Merchant in Austera/Marionople, and then you need to level it to lv 50 and gather a amount of 2k honor costing items.
    Spellsinger > Revenant > Requiem / Battlemage > Zealot / Blightcaster / Spirtualist
    Dahuta > Tempest > Jakar

Hi Auxi, I'm new on Fresh Start Ezi and you have a lot of similar questions/concerns as I did. Hopefully, I can give you some pointers from my recent experience.

1. The lunagems (the ones you slot) you buy with honor or from the auction house if you have the gold. The lunafrosts (apply one per piece of relevant equipment) drop from crates (queens/ancestor).

2. It depends on how you are specced when you have your gear finished. For example, cloth vs glass cannon melee will still die in one quick rotation if caught whereas a plate wearing semi-tanky class can get up and retaliate pretty well.

3. Check out the video re: post above.

4. Problem is that you need to use labour to make gold and also to improve your Hiram stuff at the same time. Figure out how much labour you want to use on putting infusions into your gear each day and an efficient way to turn what's left of you daily labour regen to turn into profit. Opening purses can be profitable but not as much as other activities, however, they will raise your larceny proficiency which helps reduce the labour cost of identifying infusions etc later on

5. Work on a farming skillset selection before your end game / pvp skillsets. For example, I'm hoping to play Hexblade (br/witch/def) but cannot farm efficiently with it so I took Br/Aura/Def (Abolisher) as a farming spec for now. I use frenzy to farm as it a) saves a lot of mana and b) helps me kill a lot quicker. If you use Warding Light (from auramancy) correctly with your BR CCs you can kill most mobs in Hiram without taking damage at all so it doesn't matter if you have 100k pdef or 0 pdef. The only thing is that if you get jumped by an enemy then you are dead.. but then my gear is paper anyway at the moment so makes no odds. You can use meditate from auramancy to keep MP topped up and some small heals from def or even vitalism if you wish. This will save you lots of gold on soup/breads/pots etc. as you will need every gold you can muster to gear up. You can always switch back to your end game / pvp skillsets before burning your daily labour so that they get XP'd also if they are not currently 55.

6. I would only do the one DS construction quest per day (like build bridge/wall) in order to complete guild quest for gilda star and 13 or so prestige. I think doing more is not a good way to spend gold when you are just starting out. Definitely do CR/GR and the world boss + bunker as a routine and then ensure you're doing your infusion/scroll quests from a) Diamond Shores b) Sungold c) Exeloch d) Reedwind e) all Hiram mountain dailes (pick up one at Hiram cave and two from Illusion cave) in addition to the 3 you get free from the cash shop (look for the envelopes which you can get free once per day for additional quest starters).

7. Necklace from Warrior's Workbench (honor), others crafted or Noryette.

8. P2w gliders, you can't do anything about them really. If someone glides off from you then they lost that PvP anyway, the honour you lose from dying in PvP is next to inconsequential.

9. Tempering items that drop from queens/ancestor crates.

10. Should be one a week.

11. There isn't a dungeon finder/party maker. Players typically create groups for dungeons in guilds / chat.

12. Save them for now until there is something that know you will need to spend them on.

13. Not entirely sure, probably as per the post above but can only see Stormdarter in his list.

*Stormdarter got confused with the Hanure mount
    Spellsinger > Revenant > Requiem / Battlemage > Zealot / Blightcaster / Spirtualist
    Dahuta > Tempest > Jakar

Hi again,

thank you guys for taking the time and answer so much stuff, it really helped me out a ton. I'm getting around way better now that I know how stuff works.
    I recently started getting into the ancestral levels and farming mobs in die mountains, which yield quite a ton of exp. Would you mind explaining how gemming works exactly? I mean, I get the basic system, but people talk about different gem tiers, also I still can't seem to get my hands on these things, are those gems maybe a luxury item or something? Also I'd like to participate in pvp a bit, but that has a gear requirement of 4k and I'm not quite there yet, so I guess I'll keep farming.
    Also just one more thing if you don't mind; is it worth it getting into crafting as a new player? I barely see people running around in Hiram gear so I assume it's meant as a starting point for new players for the late game, so that's probably gonna become a thing sooner or later for me. For example, when I look at the required materials for weapons, they'll always require a sealed version of the previous craft, is there a way to use your highest crafted weapon and then seal it again so you can upgrade it, or do you have to go all in and aim as high as possible?

I guess you talk about the hiram equipment. You first have to drop all the equipment pieces, they are in diamond shores and in the lower auroria level maps. first get all your hiram pieces with the good stats on it. Takes some time. Than you start level them up, awaken etc. About the gemming, you can look in the rankings for a player with same build as you and you look how he gemmed up. Most players go for an improvement of critical damage. Use resilience to counter it.
    The gems on your equipment can be levelled up by using an item in the honour shop and items from silver/gold chest dropped in auroria.
    Hiram gear is most common on the new servers, the erenor ones are now very difficult to get because since hiram was introduced the archeum needed to improved the erenor way isnt dropped from mobs any more

+ Reply to Thread