+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: was about to come back but disappointed with changes

was about to come back but disappointed with changes

I used to play enig and before that a primeval so you might already know why I feel the way I do but. Yeah I noticed shadowstep is in occult, leech isn't a stun anymore, they changed snare, ect. and I'm sure there's more but it looks like the purposely went in and destroyed the old meta but the old meta was fun as ♥♥♥♥. archers suck now apparently, sorc just sits there like a turret pretty much now without any use for shadowplay or auramancy and battlerage is battlerage. boring as ♥♥♥♥. really dissapointed. am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by nayt View Post
    I used to play enig and before that a primeval so you might already know why I feel the way I do but. Yeah I noticed shadowstep is in occult, leech isn't a stun anymore, they changed snare, ect. and I'm sure there's more but it looks like the purposely went in and destroyed the old meta but the old meta was fun as ♥♥♥♥. archers suck now apparently, sorc just sits there like a turret pretty much now without any use for shadowplay or auramancy and battlerage is battlerage. boring as ♥♥♥♥. really dissapointed. am I missing something here?
    It sounds as if you want people to agree with your conclusion (without having tried it for yourself) that its all bad. Yeah, the meta's changed and your old builds won't work the same. And no doubt others will agree that [insert preferred year/build/server] was the glory days and its never gonna be the same so why try again.

Buuut, many others have returned recently (suspect a lot is thanks to Cryy's Archeage in 2019 vid) and are enjoying it. Yep, they have to put effort into working out new builds and rotations and probably re-gearing too. Gearing with hiram is a lot less rng than obsidian though. Point is, you won't really know till you try for yourself.

*If you decide to give it a go, don't forget to sign in to your glyph account and check if there are free items waiting for you.

Quote Originally Posted by nayt View Post
    Mages are magic archers wtf. lol Shadowplay is one of their best secondary trees, thanks to backdrop > lightning flame bolt. (Basically magic endless arrows, and 10x better.) almost all of their most potent PvP skills are instant or cast-reducted/combo reducted down to almost no cast time whatsoever ontop of that.
    Pew (Wynn/Kaylin/Kadum)
    <The Shadehunting Master>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuU..._as=subscriber
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Trusivraj?lang=en
    Twitch Stream Channel:
    https://www.twitch.tv/trusivraj

I believe you'd be happy with Reaper (sorc/shadow/occult) if you liked old school Enig.

Sounds more of like I can't shadowstep leech sleep cheese anymore. Wahwah

i played old school spellsinger, and while the skill changes were confusing at first since i came back on a whim and not even following the game since i quit, im enjoying myself for now, i mean everything seems tanky as ♥♥♥♥, cant kill any healers, but now its fun learning new classes, especially if you dont ask for advice on whats the best to play, and i like my machine gun lightning

introduction of Hiram changed a lot, you can really "craft" armour at your demand. If it works or not its another question.

Pros of each class

Well... Actually this game in really unbalanced in my opinion....

Lets do some "math":

Mages are in generaly cloth users. Are good in one vs one arena if u spec some CC in secondary classes.

for open world, u can die in one hit for melees even if they are less geared than you.

Mages range was nerfed and some god secondary classes was nerfed too (like songcraft).

Cloth armor has some good stats if u re a tank mage (casting delay, move speed, and reduce of all CCs)

For DPS mages....cloth really sucks in my opinion.

Archery can have soe good specs. think it got a little bit better with th flame endless arrow. For massive PVP it can be the best class in my opinion.

For all other alpects of the game melee is better by far...

Melees are the only one who can kill healers. Believe me, even plate healers cant be killed by mages (thats make on sense). If melees or healers, even i plate, make a build focused in magic damage reduction and use soe auramancy skills they will have 90% more (i ve heard of pple with more than 100%) reduction of magic damage for long periods (like 15 seconds).

In other words, they are something near immune against mages for 15 seconds ins skills that have like 20 seconds cool down.

In next patches, the new skill tree (Anger) ill have a skill that snares the target for 4 sec from 20m distance and believe me, its a new melee skill tree (Watck Kooncoon videos(.

So it seens like archery, healer and mage ae getting nerfed and nerfed cause all melees complain about have to fight without hit kill everyone.

If they nerf Battlerage, that have more mobility than archery in the main skill tree (thats absurd), ltons of melee players will come here complain about cant hit kill targets and say how things are unfair to them....

A small detail is taht almost 90% of serves are running melee builds RN...and pple like me who play mage or archery are rerolling cause it seens like that things are not going to change soon...

So i am joinng myself to becaming a dark runner and pres two buttons to kill someone=)

I came back to game like 10 days ago and i like this but everyone have personal feelings towards this game ^^

Also a returning player, imo when they took gods whip weave away from mages they took away their viability against melee characters. Used to be that you could make a melee player pay for getting up close to you, now as a mage you have to use your non existent mobility skills to hope to god you can get away.....but not too far because you only have 22m range on your magic skills....the reason I used to enjoy this game was for well synergized movement skills....used to be that you could either pick tanky or movement, now it seems that movement skills have been run into the ground and somehow melee skills are still getting the love they’ve always gotten.

Still a good game, but that sucks.
    <Relentless> - Ollo - West

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast