+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Stability issues in instances

Hiram city crash

Crashed after instance was completed and crashed while trying to retrieve rewards. 6-11-19 at 7:31 pm CST

What About Population in Instances

It is RIDICULOUS to think that less than 2 groups can do FOHC, and yet I keep getting queued into those groups. End up with 6 infusions for 20 minutes of work if you are lucky.

Simple fix - don't start the instance with less than 4 groups even if it means a long wait. Even simpler fix, downgrade the requirements when the participant group is small. I.E. if it is a half size raid, drop requirements to half to get the same rewards. We still have to light the braziers and fight the wolves, but get less packs to finish. Makes it manageable.

FOHC also needs some regearing to keep alts/afks out. Award participation points based on packs turned in, items harvested, animals killed, or braziers lighted. Not enough participation points equals a personal fail. Don't make it too high, but high enough that someone can't sit at the entrance, unload one pack from a cart, and then be done while everyone else does the rest of the work. Even alts and Low GS toons can unload carts and farm mines/trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixey View Post
    It is RIDICULOUS to think that less than 2 groups can do FOHC, and yet I keep getting queued into those groups. End up with 6 infusions for 20 minutes of work if you are lucky.

Simple fix - don't start the instance with less than 4 groups even if it means a long wait. Even simpler fix, downgrade the requirements when the participant group is small. I.E. if it is a half size raid, drop requirements to half to get the same rewards. We still have to light the braziers and fight the wolves, but get less packs to finish. Makes it manageable.

FOHC also needs some regearing to keep alts/afks out. Award participation points based on packs turned in, items harvested, animals killed, or braziers lighted. Not enough participation points equals a personal fail. Don't make it too high, but high enough that someone can't sit at the entrance, unload one pack from a cart, and then be done while everyone else does the rest of the work. Even alts and Low GS toons can unload carts and farm mines/trees.
    There is another thread for this. Please use the forums correctly, i shouldn't have to be the one to tell you this.

Crashing in the game is incredibly common for myself and those i play with. Marianople is crash city compared to any other zones. My main account pretty much crashes on cool-down while my alt account in the same situation will be totally fine, that i cant explain. I've reinstalled, re-compiled, verified, moved and inspected the game files to find out why this happens and my results conclude at the kernal level within the client. The game is poorly optimised to say the least and in 2019 its not terribly exciting to talk about.

I honestly think a 64-bit client could make a lot of difference here but even running the client in compatibility mode has helped some players in the past to get around this.

I crash rarely to never, in another thread i explained how i clean my cache from AA almost everyday.

\Documents\ArcheAge\USER\shaders\cache\d3d11 or d3d9.
    Delete everything in that folder.. (do this for USER..USER1..USER2.. etc etc) it will let Archeage create new and fresh cache files.. after i started doing this, my crashes seem to be gone :-)

Hope it works for everyone ;-)

I just got dc'ed in Halcy war.. but i figured out that this only happens when i play with my wife or son
    If i enter Halcy war alone.. np at all.. but every time when we enter together it will dc us after 5Mn or so.

Both or all three are active.. so no afk.. we all 3 participate.. and then poof.. all 3 a dc at the same time, while if im the only one doing Halcy war.. everything is just fine and i never dc or crash.
    So there is definitely something going wrong there.. hope its of any help to you.

Mass disconnect in Golden Plains

It seems like pirates are using God's Whip and forcing mass disconnects in the opposing force ...both east and west. They throw God's whip, it hits multiple players and forces a complete disconnect......out of the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2