+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cooking Proficiency Revamp Please Listen

Cooking Proficiency Revamp Please Listen

A while back, Trion made a huge change to the cooking Proficiency, and drastically affected Gathering as well, by removing the crafted drinks from the game. They did it because people were making too much money with fruit and with cooking, by crafting these drinks. It's the same reason they broke the trade packs system and removed ocean blue coral and sunset pearls, and consequentially white, blue, orange, and yellow coral. People were making a lot of money, and they were trying to corner the economy, in some desperate attempt to pull the reigns on people who were doing well.

Those dark days are gone, and we've been doing well now, and Gamigo seems to care about making the game good, instead of destroying it, so I was hoping if I get someone's attention, you guys at Gamigo might consider bringing back the crafted drinks. There's no use for fruit at the moment. You can make packs sure, but those packs only take the amount of fruit that you would harvest from one tree. I have 550k fruit that was rendered completely useless when Trion removed those recipes. I used to plant forests of fruit trees that covered half a zone. Now there's no reason to do something so cool. Cooking used to be as useful as Alchemy, but now it's a worthless proficiency, with 2 1/2 craftable items in it. I think the amount of fruit per tree needs to go back down to 3-4 like it was, instead of 5-6 like it is. I think the Labor required to harvest should also go back up, and I think the fruit should have a use again. Every MMO has a constant food buff, but ours was taken away because Trion was trying to limit our opportunity. But the wicked witch i dead now, so I'm hoping you'll give this some consideration. Thank you.

By the way, here's that forest I was talking about. It was 20k fruit trees and it covered half of Solzreed for 8 months. I did it myself, with 4 accounts. It took me 60+ hours per week to maintain.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfek9_xzsEQ&t=2s

Trion had nothing to do with that. Those changes were made by XL, and I would guess that decision had more to do with combat rebalancing than money.
    Mulberry ~ Snowberry ~ Kadum East
    Moonstone ~ Kadum West
    Fraxinus ~ Wynn West
    Cinnabar ~ Wynn East

It's plenty balanced if everyone has a food buff. That's how it works in every other mmo

Quote Originally Posted by mcoprevog View Post
    It's plenty balanced if everyone has a food buff. That's how it works in every other mmo
    They did also restructure the entire economy, so that could have been the motivation. There isn't much that can be abused by mass crafting it now. Alchemy isn't a viable method of making a lot of gold these days either. (I have a 230k alchemist.) Not that you can't craft the pots, that's easy. But there isn't much of a market for them now.
    Mulberry ~ Snowberry ~ Kadum East
    Moonstone ~ Kadum West
    Fraxinus ~ Wynn West
    Cinnabar ~ Wynn East

They don't want people to have crafting as a focus so they essentially took it out of the game. In Korea people don't really do anything except for instances and RP dancing, everything else is pretty much dead. So don't expect to see much of anything like crafting, open world pvp, etc.
    Aria - Pirate

+ Reply to Thread