+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Overall do you like AA?

Hybrid View

Overall do you like AA?

Overall do you like AA?
    Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake

Totally love AA but absolutely hate the way it's been published & managed. This game could have been the best game of all time if only it had been run by people who love it as much as I do & cared about the people who play it! Even now with all its bugs, faults & toxic players it's still a game I would find hard to leave! I would add that I have also met the most amazing people that have helped keep this game alive for me

Quote Originally Posted by Azia View Post
    Totally love AA but absolutely hate the way it's been published & managed. This game could have been the best game of all time if only it had been run by people who love it as much as I do & cared about the people who play it!
    Agree with this 100%.

I bump this as I am interested in others opinions!

A resounding YES from me!! Having been active in over 40 worlds, and in AA since launch, my perspective is that Archeage is top tier and hits All of my qualifications. The gameplay has breadth of playstyles & activities, depth within each system, class flexibility that has spoiled me for other games, and an endless list of things to do!
    Sure there are bugs and parts that I don't like, but EVERY world has their own mix of problems and AA's aren't dealbreakers for me. The worst of them (RNG gear upgrade and lootbox reliance) have been hugely reduced!

Now if they would just add mermaid tails and healer weapons that don't look like they deliver crushing wounds.... =D

Yes Love it what a great game.
    Kadum

Weasels Of War

I like the game. Had the potential to be THE next big MMO. Publishers ♥♥♥♥ed up hard.

Overall, we are enjoying the game. There are pros and cons.

Pros
    • Sandbox concept is very appealing
    • Open World PvP
    • Minimal instancing
    • Castles and sieges
    • Player Nations - I'm not in one, but being able to form your own exclusive faction is awesome
    • Large complex economy
    • Land and naval content

Cons
    • Alts, alts, alts, alts, alts - almost all in-game issues can be traced to alts
    • Economy could be better structured - make more realistic with trading, involve all zones, control inflation (which ends up eliminating lots of content for most players)
    • Tons of bugs and server instability
    • Lore is sub-par
    • Way too much RNG in gearing - don't bone your player base after a long grind
    • Limited character visual flexibility (costumes, dyes, transmog)
    • Too many skills, too much CC
    • Concept of "labor"
    • Did I mention alts?

Absolutely! Apart from a few months of WoW, AA was my first big step into mmo. It'll always have a special place in my heart, and I hope it thrives into the future as well. Of course it has its bad sides like any game, but the good sides make up for it in my opinion.

edit: I really hope we get access to translations of the books the lore comes from sometime in the future

To be honest, I start this game when it was released on EU. While whole guild left, i stay another 2 months and than the situation was so bad (to many bots, no events if you don't count marketplace promotions and bugs and exploits everywhere). Than I come back to the patch 3.0 and I found that i have no farms in inventory, no material etc. everything was lost. I start to get things back, but still many exploits and bugs and zero interest from Trion make me quit again. Than I come back with lot of ppl to the 4.5. Trion really did something with bots, bugs and exploits and everything was looking improving. Than come merge (or evolution) and many friends left (I understand them, building something and than lost everything is really strange point). But tragedy come with new owner. Without knowledge about game, without interest about community they bring us to the edge of patience. I pay yearly subscription, this is only reason why last 2 months have all character online. Picking loyality and making taxes. Nothing less nothing more. But even this become complicated with server lags, disconetcs etc. It is over 1 and half month and still not resolved. I am IT infrastructure administrator and when my server is not working over 3 hours I see gat to hell in eyes of company owners but here? They just put another promotion for Apex, or doublecredit or make more marketplace boxes to stabilize incomes and thats all... I am sure that I will close at least one account when subscription expires. Let see if it will be more...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast