+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: Gear Score Requirements

1.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1
    Community Manager

Greetings everyone,

In many threads, we had huge discussions about alts and how to behave with those.
    We've read a lot of suggestions/recommendations related to it and we want to thank you for all of those ideas. We sincerely appreciate that!

With the maintenance of April 24th, we introduce the gear score requirement which was already having an effect in Korea.
    We think that this is the right step in reducing the number of alts which you will face and improving the experience you will have in these instances.

We ask you to participate in these instances and tell us if those changes are having an effect on your server.
    As you are writing up your feedback, we would appreciate this information:
    • Server:
    • Instance:
    We would like to know your honest thoughts about it but in a constructive manner.

As an additional side note:
    We are deleting posts which are not related to the topic OR are just meant to disrupt the conversation!

We already want to thank you in advance.

~The ArcheAge Team

What is the gear score requirement and what instances will be affected? This is going to affect people that change class and start working on a new set of gear completely, Is this taken into consideration?

What value is the gear score requirement ?

4.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #4
    Community Manager
    Heya,

The Gearscore requirement is set to 4000.
    Instances that are affected by it are:
    • Golden Plains Battle
    • Red Dragon’s Keep
    • The Fall of Hiram City
    Carendash

4k sounds reasonable. Won't solve the problem with high GS afk's but it's a start. Hope the afk kick is coming soon and people that circumvent it with macros get at least a time ban.

Quote Originally Posted by blizplix View Post
    Make lunagem in honor shop can't be trade to other player problem solve. We need labor limit daily use like in Korea patch but make it lower like 6000 labor or 7000 labor.
    If you buy gems for honor and sell them, you're doing it wrong. Other items yield way more gold.
    Making them untradeable is an awful idea, since people (especially new players) would have to grind 400k+ honor just to gem their gear with t1. It's totally okay you can buy them for gold.

So grenzt ihr neue Spieler aus, die mit ArcheAge anfangen oder eben jene, die Wiederkehrer sind. Das komplette Hiram-Starterset hat, wenn ich richtig in Erinnerung habe, 3200-3500GS. Jeder, der sich Twinks anschafft, erreicht also diese 4.000 Punkte binnen 1-3 Tagen und das aktuelle Problem ist damit NICHT gelöst.

Vielleicht sollte man an ganz anderer Stelle versuchen das Problem mit den Twinks zu lösen:

Wieso braucht man derzeit Twinks?
    Welchen Nutzen bringen Twinks für einen Spieler?
    Wie leicht kann dieser Nutzen errungen werden, im Vergleich, wenn man diesen entfernen würde?

- Arbeitspunkte
    - Ehre
    - Handwerksabzeichen
    - Gildasterne
    - Grundbesitz
    - Ggf. maximaler Skill bei den Berufen
    - andere Nationen blockieren/abfarmen
    Zarcata
    BIG Rice-Farmer JAKAR

Well it will certainly knock out all the very low geared alts but there are still very many alts of 4000+who will still get in, we will have to wait & see if it makes any difference. Personally I always enter Golden Plains Battle with my healer alt, but he is 5500 and I do USE his songs and buffs as well as my own dps when in combat. He is not just afk the whole time!

On a negative note it dont take much to boost any alt to the required 4000 and you can be sure it will be done by the determined! I think something like you have in Mistmerrow where if afk for 5 minutes you get kicked but its very easy for a legitimate player to get kicked and where you can re-enter MM you can't do this with Halcy! That is a sore point with me as there are multiple disconnects all the time at Halcy and you have no way of being able to re-enter (same with all the new instances).

Quote Originally Posted by Carendash View Post
    Heya,

The Gearscore requirement is set to 4000.
    Instances that are affected by it are:
    • Golden Plains Battle
    • Red Dragon’s Keep
    • The Fall of Hiram City
    Carendash
    Thanks for the quick info, Not sure if it'll do any good as celestial t1 hiram set is above 4k gear score xD Doesn't take much effort to get that, I recommend 5/6k gear score so they need T2 hiram set with some gems, making it ALOT more costly to get in

Keep it at 4k for now and see the result I doubt it will do much but if it persists increase it to 6k.

Quote Originally Posted by magei310 View Post
    Thanks for the quick info, Not sure if it'll do any good as celestial t1 hiram set is above 4k gear score xD Doesn't take much effort to get that, I recommend 5/6k gear score so they need T2 hiram set with some gems, making it ALOT more costly to get in
    honestly 2 of the free gear sets that were given out previously are above 4k so anyone who has had their alts for a while this is np
    <Mythic>
    <Fatality>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast