+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Fresh start transfers

The problem here is not that Nui needs transfers into legacy, the problem is that the people who are the most geared are essentially on the same page with one another and have formed an alliance through the use of pirating, taking all the best players from east and west and combining them to harass CR/GR and intervene with an event that typically has newer players participating in, as NuiTransfers, a pirate says they get in the way of these honor events. Not only that but they have enough geared people in their ranks that they denied the rest of the server from content as a result of harassing people until they quit, stop coming to content, or make a legacy character. Half of the east and west have quit since pirates took over and started dictating NA fresh start rules. If gamigo wants to do anything to help fresh start they better start looking at the real culprit behind fresh start dying, which would be the selfish self-centered pirate faction that are trying to bend the server and the archeage staff to their will.

The server was lively before they showed up. They just try to masquerade it all as “the server is too dead and everyone is undergeared.” They took all the geared people, they killed it, they’re continuing to kill it just so they can join legacy with their characters and not have to start all over again. They act like they care about the wellbeing of the server when in actuality they couldn’t give a rats ♥♥♥ about it, only their own selfish ideals and this has been observed over and over again in their discord posts. Gamigo, don’t fall for this ploy.

Though, now that the pirates took over fresh start and all my friends moved to legacy I too have moved to legacy and started from scratch. The pirates just want the easy way out, of course.

How can players control the rules of the server? The only reason why other people don't go out to content is because they are tired of losing. The only thing the east can do is shout chat and dox players. The only thing west could ever do was zerg and still lose. West was always hopeless

The point still stands that if you allow transfers out, but not in, the server will close within months, but not before a large amount of free farming takes place (as appears to already be occurring). The average gear score for actual participating players has gone up dramatically over the past year, and I'd say Nui is close to being on par with the majority of Legacy now. Years of gear score treadmill progress for Legacy players has been replaced with Hiram.

Instead of wanting transfers out-yet-not-in, you should be calling for merger into Legacy, even though we don't want you... We have enough... No room here...

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    The point still stands that if you allow transfers out, but not in, the server will close within months, but not before a large amount of free farming takes place (as appears to already be occurring). The average gear score for actual participating players has gone up dramatically over the past year, and I'd say Nui is close to being on par with the majority of Legacy now. Years of gear score treadmill progress for Legacy players has been replaced with Hiram.

Instead of wanting transfers out-yet-not-in, you should be calling for merger into Legacy, even though we don't want you... We have enough... No room here...
    The "out not in" thing was moreso trying to take the rest of Nui into consideration, the ones who stay behind. If it was up to me we would get anything, full transfers, 1 way transfers, merging.. Idc what it is, just let me off this server.

And to the crybaby PvP dodger who posted up top: if the pirates were actually that bad to the server, wouldn't you want them to leave the server?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuitransfers View Post
    The "out not in" thing was moreso trying to take the rest of Nui into consideration, the ones who stay behind. If it was up to me we would get anything, full transfers, 1 way transfers, merging.. Idc what it is, just let me off this server.

And to the crybaby PvP dodger who posted up top: if the pirates were actually that bad to the server, wouldn't you want them to leave the server?
    On Legacy servers we got some good guilds, welcoming to freshly transferred folk, we could use the extra players, much more fun. Transfers will bleed empty the 'fresh' servers, this is what has always happened before, why wouldn't it again?
    “Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
    - Jalaluddin Rumi

Lose-lose situation. Your pirate crew can't break into the legacy server if the pirate cap is still going, so your group is dead. If so, your group is split and absorbed into other groups, and you become the people you're currently picking on. Hopefully, getting property is an issue for none of your transfers. Might want to notice that PN's are already being phased out, so you can't work around the pirate faction issue that way. In the mean time, fresh start has just bled more population, so the merge gets forced next, instead of 'new content,' so more people just leave because the game is just getting different in a bad way.

Why it's a lose-lose is because you can stay instead, keep being a 'freefarm' ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, and get merged anyway, because that's what looks more likely now, but you won't magically get better than legacy players and still end up funneled into the mess that you're begging for. Up until the last update, fresh start did NOT have the gear to beat the crazy gears on legacy, and arguably still doesn't with all the erenor cheaters, so you should, in rational self-interest, beg for no transfers so you can 'freefarm' Nui to keep catching up, and hope to God that your group gets to stick together longer before the inevitable merge (and if it's all from one faction, then ok, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's not if your move on Nui was to go pirate).

Quote Originally Posted by saltminer View Post
    Lose-lose situation. Your pirate crew can't break into the legacy server if the pirate cap is still going, so your group is dead. If so, your group is split and absorbed into other groups, and you become the people you're currently picking on. Hopefully, getting property is an issue for none of your transfers. Might want to notice that PN's are already being phased out, so you can't work around the pirate faction issue that way. In the mean time, fresh start has just bled more population, so the merge gets forced next, instead of 'new content,' so more people just leave because the game is just getting different in a bad way.

Why it's a lose-lose is because you can stay instead, keep being a 'freefarm' ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, and get merged anyway, because that's what looks more likely now, but you won't magically get better than legacy players and still end up funneled into the mess that you're begging for. Up until the last update, fresh start did NOT have the gear to beat the crazy gears on legacy, and arguably still doesn't with all the erenor cheaters, so you should, in rational self-interest, beg for no transfers so you can 'freefarm' Nui to keep catching up, and hope to God that your group gets to stick together longer before the inevitable merge (and if it's all from one faction, then ok, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's not if your move on Nui was to go pirate).
    We have all played Archeage for a while, we've all won and we've all lost at some point. Id rather compete and potentially lose on a living server than keep winning a server that has been beaten into submission.

Let us out.

Unhappy

We have all played Archeage for a while, we've all won and we've all lost at some point. Id rather compete and potentially lose on a living server than keep winning a server that has been beaten into submission.

Let us out.
    Or it's not a dilemma, and a third option is to get off your bandwagon and pick more challenging fights. When everyone bandwagons, the game dies. You've 'played archeage for a while,' so you've seen the original bandwagon, the pirate faction, and you've seen the even larger, easier bandwagon, the PN. Do you want Freedich back too, for safe gold along with a bigger bandwagon?

PS. A little soul searching may be in order. Like, "how come the fights are so easy?" "Is it because my bandwagon has way higher gear/numbers?" "How is it that several of my bandwagon has such great gear?" "Is it because they used a combination of bots and a guard or two (including the faction hero!) to farm western hiram for months?" "Am I ever even winning when it's never "I" and my crew are cheaters?" "Have I thrown away personal integrity for the win?" "If cheating is cool, and I'm doubling down on it, aren't I really just begging for another big group of cheaters to fight with? Wait, that means non-cheaters will quit out of rational self-interest, and Gamigo might ban a few cheaters. Does that mean that my playstyle kills the game?"

Tl, dr; the mentality ia death, and you're wishing it on the next server. The last server.

Quote Originally Posted by saltminer View Post
    Or it's not a dilemma, and a third option is to get off your bandwagon and pick more challenging fights. When everyone bandwagons, the game dies. You've 'played archeage for a while,' so you've seen the original bandwagon, the pirate faction, and you've seen the even larger, easier bandwagon, the PN. Do you want Freedich back too, for safe gold along with a bigger bandwagon?

PS. A little soul searching may be in order. Like, "how come the fights are so easy?" "Is it because my bandwagon has way higher gear/numbers?" "How is it that several of my bandwagon has such great gear?" "Is it because they used a combination of bots and a guard or two (including the faction hero!) to farm western hiram for months?" "Am I ever even winning when it's never "I" and my crew are cheaters?" "Have I thrown away personal integrity for the win?" "If cheating is cool, and I'm doubling down on it, aren't I really just begging for another big group of cheaters to fight with? Wait, that means non-cheaters will quit out of rational self-interest, and Gamigo might ban a few cheaters. Does that mean that my playstyle kills the game?"

Tl, dr; the mentality ia death, and you're wishing it on the next server. The last server.
    Numbers? We fought outnumbered for a good while, our numbers stayed consistent while the opposition's numbers grew smaller over time due to excessive internal drama making people quit and bad leadership not knowing how to run a guild.
    Gear? Half our guild quit for months and was miles behind in gear.
    Botting? The opposition literally offered up scripts with a popular botting program to help them farm.

Not to mention they were buying up every available account for people who were willing to play for them. And with those accounts, larger numbers and gear advantage still refused to pull bosses and even lost those bosses to the smaller pirate raid.

But yeah, pirates are baddies and it is our fault we won.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast