+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Use PTS to test Echoes of Hiram update

Use PTS to test Echoes of Hiram update

In the last couple of month we’ve seen a lot of new players entering ArcheAge and ‘old’ players returning to the game. Unfortunately we’ve also seen them leaving again. It’s safe to say since you guys in Gamigo took over from Trion, you had several ‘problems’ to deal with. It was not the smooth start everyone was hoping for. I can imagine it will have had consequences for the player count.
    I don’t think, due to what happened in the last couple of months since you took over, you can permit yourselves another failure. I’m not sure AA could survive that.

You do have a test-server though to prevent a lot of ‘mishaps’. In what way are you guys going to use this PTS and the dedicated testers that are still on it? Do we get the up-date after the live servers? Do we get it 2-3 days earlier? In both cases that basically means no test with all the risks that go with it.

My hope would be:
    • you guys fix the ‘pending deletion’ problems, so we can test as we are suppose to. It didn't have priority since you had to use your resources on the server stability. Think it has priority now.
    • Update the PTS at least 2 weeks prior to the live up-date, so we can test as we are suppose to. I know there is not much time, but there still is ‘some’ time left
    • Get your GM/CL on the PTS during the testing fase (like suggested in another thread) so we can communicate fast.
    • Communicate upfront with the testers on what you specifically want tested, like you did with Halcy.
    • Revoke all of Fluffy’s holidays and nap times and update the Fluffy commands, so we can test as we are suppose to. As example: you want Erenor T2 tested? Provide the mats so we can really test it.
    • The PTS was created to test…. period. Use it.

2.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #2
    Community Manager
    Heya,

Barring any unexpected issues, we intend to have PTS up for Echoes of Hiram before it goes live on EU and NA servers.

We will let you know about a date as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Carendash View Post
    Heya,

Barring any unexpected issues, we intend to have PTS up for Echoes of Hiram before it goes live on EU and NA servers.

Is the Auction gonna be Merged with fresh start server, on the day of the patch?
    + what are you gonna do about the whales in legacy that freefarmed for the last years, that gonna bring in all there BIS gear and millions of gold to a Balanced freshstart server and make it 100% unbalanced

Also are you guys fix the Pink Dye Dupe? so many people are duping items with it atm.

How can we test when character creation have not been working for a month now

You need to fix the little stuff before giving a new patch

Quote Originally Posted by Carendash View Post
    Heya,

You should have ben busy with testing 2 months befoor yo uwant to plant a patch.

as for now game aint ready for new patch and all the problems that it brings, the time for testing is to short and we got alot of problems that needs atention atm.

delay patch and get the game stable, fix the crashes, fix your servers and get XL to hurry up with 64bit client, and then try a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by shutan View Post
    You should have ben busy with testing 2 months befoor yo uwant to plant a patch.

as for now game aint ready for new patch and all the problems that it brings, the time for testing is to short and we got alot of problems that needs atention atm.

delay patch and get the game stable, fix the crashes, fix your servers and get XL to hurry up with 64bit client, and then try a patch.
    It's almost like everyone else wants the patch, so uh.... ♥♥♥♥ with that bs thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wan Punch View Post
    It's almost like everyone else wants the patch, so uh.... ♥♥♥♥ with that bs thanks.
    If they release the patch before fixing the current ongoing issues, for all we know we might not be able to test the patch correctly or fully when it hits PTS, so uh, Chill friendo.

Hi i following changes about Archeage Russia to they have client change its will happened to us?

From what I understand, there is a quite a bit that needs to go into an update, especially with translations - which takes time. I believe the goal is to get the newest content to the live servers as quickly as possible, which means a limited amount of time it can be on PTS before live. I am always excited about a new content update, and I appreciate it coming to PTS before live so we have a chance to preview the content and discover any bugs (although these cannot usually be fixed before content goes live - they will be in a future update).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast