+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Use PTS to test Echoes of Hiram update

Quote Originally Posted by Carendash View Post
    Heya,

Barring any unexpected issues, we intend to have PTS up for Echoes of Hiram before it goes live on EU and NA servers.

We will let you know about a date as soon as possible.
    Dear Carendash

Thank you for your reply but its very limited and had not really covered the whole essence of the original post.

You addressed one part of the post but neglected the rest. Conversation around PTS chat is that the inability to make new characters is intentional and I would agree as there is a say lack of communication to the point of ignoring the questions around this and hence this is indeed suspicious. You and the other GMs are obviously coming on the forums and reading the posts but no one is willing to comment on the "pending deletions" message when new characters are trying to be made. Sometimes your decisions, as it was with Trion, will not please everyone but as paying customers we have the right to know what the problems is or if this is intention for the time being.

Please can you respond to this.

Kr
    Soffie

Quote Originally Posted by Carendash View Post
    Heya,

Barring any unexpected issues, we intend to have PTS up for Echoes of Hiram before it goes live on EU and NA servers.

We will let you know about a date as soon as possible.
    Thank you for reacting on the thread. I hope you can also shine some light on my other remarks. Specialy the most important one: do you intend to use the PTS as a real test server? When you do that means we, the testers, need also to be able to test
    . That means we need time, resources, communication and most likely ….. alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Deroo View Post
    From what I understand, there is a quite a bit that needs to go into an update, especially with translations - which takes time. I believe the goal is to get the newest content to the live servers as quickly as possible, which means a limited amount of time it can be on PTS before live. I am always excited about a new content update, and I appreciate it coming to PTS before live so we have a chance to preview the content and discover any bugs (although these cannot usually be fixed before content goes live - they will be in a future update).

Indeed updating takes time, specialy when you want it properly tested before you go live. I certainly don't hope Gamigo's goal is it to get the new content to the live servers as fast as possible. I would prefer to wait a bit longer, test it and bring the content to live servers the moment the content actualy works as intended. There have been to many 'fast update's' and 'fast fixes' on buggs. I play on EU-servers and we had more then our share of fast fixes on not working servers and extended maintenance that came with it.

I totaly disagree with the last part of your post. As testers we should not see it as a preview on new content. We are a test server and we should test new content before it goes live. That also means when we find 'deal breaking buggs' the update should be delayed untill these buggs are fixed. Bringing update's should always be an interaction between develloper, publisher and testers.
    Idealy the announcement for the new update should be done after all testing was finished. That way you give yourself as publisher more time to deliver a good, balanced product. Announcing it before it even is tested places you under an ammount of stress and deadline's that could have been easily avoided. In case the update's have major buggs in it and they go live anyway, it will have a negative impact. In case they delay it, it will also have a negative impact. So lets hope it will be a smooth update

"Best way to predict future behavior is looking at past behavior."

5.5 test when?

title

also, add new commands/fix the old ones so we do have something to test
    we're the baddies cuz we're winning

Quote Originally Posted by Froooost View Post
    also, add new commands/fix the old ones so we do have something to test
    Massive Dungeon exp boosts and gears
    Hiram gear and boosts
    more boosts to get eternal erenor
    Boss items

those will be amazing to get from Fluffy