+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: More Land.

Quote Originally Posted by Aryah View Post
    well with the merge more ppl is playing in same server so this is normal, but they should provide more land, or make it even more difficult for the greedy ppl that want to have a lot of plots only to sell them after...
    No worries, the game has so many self defeating and punishing mechanics the good majority of the housing zones will be ghost towns soon enough. Land already isn't worth camping for spots unless it's a decently large plot like a 28 or 44.

This post makes me think I should go back to flipping property lime the good old days rather than giving it away like I normally do.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    A couple people have mansions... Oh no! Ban them all! They must be cheating!

I went from about 30 propeties to about 7, almost every land hoarder I know did the same since there is not much point to land at all.

I've been to about a dozen land demos since merge, and the vast majority I was the only person to show up. Plus land is super cheap anyway, so cheap that it's not even worth flipping anymore.
    No one said anyone is cheating? Not sure where that came from.
    And land isn't cheap? Just walking around I can screenshot tons of overpriced plots. 16's certed at 6k. That's WAY too high a price.
    Just because you see x or y do something, does not mean z doesn't exist.

And no one is saying to ban land hoarders. Just that the game needs MORE land. Or even instanced housing, and give benefits to open world housing that instanced won't have.

I'll be honest though. I know you're the archeage forum contrarian who likes to play devil's advocate for fun, So we can just agree to disagree.
    🐾 Corgi 🐾
    | Aria |

🐾 Member 🐾
    | Myth |

"I didn't forget to heal you, I just wanted you to die."

The land is overpriced for sure.
    Some people are way too greedy like their life depends on it.
    I'll give you simple example.
    At Villanelle i was looking for 28x28 piece of land... found a builded cherry tree house that was obviously abandoned and put on sale... guess what... it's price was 18k and ofc the seller was not returning any mails in days even week ... from the normal 8k and that was nothing... the same tree house i found but on Nuian continent in Dewstone and it's price was 28k...
    So you can not simply tell that the prices for lands are not overpriced...

The game not changed - same spots, same sizes of each building spot... people changed... became more and more greedy.

ArcheAge really needs a punishment system that will make you loose your land if you do not intend to use it for anything but only paying taxes and preventing other people of using it properly.
    Founder of ArcheAge

Server: Jakar ( Played on Shatigon)
    Class : Fanatic (Sorc/Shad/Male) ( Old : Primeval)
    Nation : Haranya ( Old : Haranya)
    Race : Warborn (Old : Harani)

Quote Originally Posted by CORGI View Post
    No one said anyone is cheating? Not sure where that came from.
    And land isn't cheap? Just walking around I can screenshot tons of overpriced plots. 16's certed at 6k. That's WAY too high a price.
    Just because you see x or y do something, does not mean z doesn't exist.

And no one is saying to ban land hoarders. Just that the game needs MORE land. Or even instanced housing, and give benefits to open world housing that instanced won't have.

I'll be honest though. I know you're the archeage forum contrarian who likes to play devil's advocate for fun, So we can just agree to disagree.
    What people put as a sale price is not what people sell land for. They do that so they might get some poor sucker while waiting for someone to mail them an offer.

So while you all stand around and whine about someone putting a moronic price to advertise properties you could be buying any of these on Aria East:

Code:
    Mahadevi	16	900	
    Arcum		16	1300	
    Arcum		16	2500	
    Arcum		16	2500	
    Sunbite		24	3000	Thatched
    Sunbite		24	3200	Thatched
    Windscour	16	1000	
    Windscour	16	1300	
    Windscour	24	4500	Miners
    Perinoor	16	1000	
    Rokhala		24	900	Gazebo
    Rokhala		16	956	
    Rokhala		28	4500	Tree House
    Rookborne	16	990	
    Falcorth	16	1500	
    Silent Forest	16	800	
    Silent Forest	16	900	Farm
    Silent Forest	16	1500
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

I feel the OP. It was crazy hard to get land in Thunderwing when it opened (gave my spot to a friend, and ended up in Rohkala less than an hour later before it filled up too), and it didn't get much more available before the next merger into Kadum. Now I stroll through and see dozens of fellowship plazas, side by side, with nearly nothing on them, and unbuilt mansions that will never get completed (had one of those as a neighbor for the entirety of Thunderwing). Most of the land not being hogged/squandered, is actually being used. Plenty of farms and nicely decorated RP hubs, but not a lot in the way of availability for PVE/RP players, just a random overpriced 16 or 24 in the middle of a fenced off densely crowded alt farm. I think many of us would honestly be happier on a sparsely populated dead server, but then the free farming would be unreal, or some events, impossible. (I still loved Morpheus server to the end!)

(Resists the urge to blame alts, when there'd be plenty of land if it was just the main accounts, per game design.)

So basically you've had tons of land while other people can't even get enough for the smallest house and now you're down because others did the same what you did hahaha
    Game is for everyone? Not only for pvpers? Why do you treat that like all the land is for you with your 4 mansions and dozens of other plots you had while the vast majority of people have literally nothing? This is called hypocrisy.

Glorious, this is so extremely satisfying, you deserved every bit of it. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Auxi View Post
    So basically you've had tons of land while other people can't even get enough for the smallest house and now you're down because others did the same what you did hahaha
    Game is for everyone? Not only for pvpers? Why do you treat that like all the land is for you with your 4 mansions and dozens of other plots you had while the vast majority of people have literally nothing? This is called hypocrisy.

If people weren't lazy they could have the land if they want. The issue here is they want free handouts and think they deserve to win just by showing up. It's actually really pathetic.

Thereís a 44 mansion that is in building stages and has been that way for almost a year now. That is someone holding land and they should really be disciplined for it. Everyone else with land, itís theirs and they can sell it for however much they want. People do not have to buy it but itís pointless to cry about how expensive it is because they own that land, not you. Get your own land and then you can try to sell ridiculously high too.

This week the AH gets merged so now all the lazy people can just transfer their wealth to the dead servers and have all the land they want. Probably won't because they are too lazy, but it's an option now.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxi View Post

Except when I had that much land, There was open land EVERYWHERE before mergers. You could grab a mansion in virtually any zone except for halcy or hellswamp. I wasn't hoarding tons of land when none was available. So no. Not the same having 4 mansions on a server where dozens were available anywhere, when comparing to someone with 20 miners houses on a server where you can't even find open 16's most of the time.
    🐾 Corgi 🐾
    | Aria |

🐾 Member 🐾
    | Myth |

"I didn't forget to heal you, I just wanted you to die."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2