+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: (Unpopular Opinion) Ban Alts from entering the Instanced content!

Quote Originally Posted by AeroSolz View Post
    your Device has a Unique IP associated with it. isnt tough to do actually
    Yea, in your Local Network. Everyone outside that network only knows your routers IP and can only send packages to this IP. Your router is responsible for sending the packages meant for you to the correct device/IP.

So no, IP bans will never be fair nor will they work.

Yesterday evening was the first time for me where I queued Red Dragon and was out of the instance not even 5 mins later.
    Why? Because we had at least 25 alts in the raid. Players coming in on their mains are so frustrated and tired by now that everybody just decided to LEAVE.

Gamigo, put that 6k GS requirement in place NOW before nobody goes there anymore!

Also, keep Fall of Hiram City at 4k but make it contribution based (f.e. gain 50 participation points, mining pack is 5, killing wolf is 5, delivering a pack is 5, something like that).
    "You fight like a dairy farmer!"
    "How appropriate, you fight like a cow."

Quote Originally Posted by Knife View Post
    Yea, in your Local Network. Everyone outside that network only knows your routers IP and can only send packages to this IP. Your router is responsible for sending the packages meant for you to the correct device/IP.

So no, IP bans will never be fair nor will they work.
    It's possible, if not by IP by something else like device id. Try not to focus on the technical part here, if they wanted to do it they are capable of doing it without affecting "LAN" players.

How about just banning alts period?

We've discovered flight, broke the sound barrier, split the atom, and put men on the moon. I'm pretty sure we could figure out how to ban alts from an MMO.

somebody happens to me normal ones of the game surely we can find some normal where prejudice to the alt to enter in intancias

That is never going to happen.

Want to know why?

https://archeage.xlgames.com/mboards/amigo/22264?page=1

Heres the update KR just got.

XL games specifically and strongly encourage players to make NEW accounts JUST to spam the event thats going on "so you can maximize tour rewards.

Even KR encourages alts, like they ALWAYS have.

Even since game launch KR was originally able to have 3 accounts registered to one person.

Please get with the times and make some alts. Even XL is 110% encouraging this.

Gl hf

Quote Originally Posted by Vaioo View Post
    Please get with the times and make some alts. Even XL is 110% encouraging this.
    We understand they won't do anything about it. It enhances their revenue. That's not the point. The point is that it destroys elements of the game.

I enjoy many aspects of the game. But honestly, if a prospective new player asked me if they should play ArcheAge, I'd tell them that unless they can/want to devote 12 hours of each day managing an army of alts, it will always be frustrating to play. Progress in the game will be very slow and end game gear will be always be out of reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Colthoron View Post
    We understand they won't do anything about it. It enhances their revenue. That's not the point. The point is that it destroys elements of the game.

I enjoy many aspects of the game. But honestly, if a prospective new player asked me if they should play ArcheAge, I'd tell them that unless they can/want to devote 12 hours of each day managing an army of alts, it will always be frustrating to play. Progress in the game will be very slow and end game gear will be always be out of reach.
    Maybe 30 minutes to 2 hours tops managing my alts daily.

And end game hiram mythic gear which comes out in like 2 days lol is achievable affordably. If a new player wants to invest their time they can make it work. Not that hard

Quote Originally Posted by Colthoron View Post
    How about just banning alts period?

We've discovered flight, broke the sound barrier, split the atom, and put men on the moon. I'm pretty sure we could figure out how to ban alts from an MMO.
    ^This^

Maybe Gamigo needs to talk to Sparkles abut how they did that lul. (is a joke dont ban me from forums. but seriously. it isnt that hard Gamigo)
    ~ Sainless Steel Deku ~

5.3 - 5.5 - Kadum - Dekusol <Angelic Order>
    ??? to ??? - ArcheRage - Dekusol <Save Our Souls> / <Panic>
    4.5 to 4.5 - Nui - Deku <A.S.E.S> / <Unforgiven>
    3.5 to 4.0 - Thunderwing - Aether <V E R I T A S> / <KGB>
    3.0 to 3.5 - Reckoning - Arrow <Renegades> / <Epidemic> / <Plan B>
    2.0 to 2.9 - Morpheus - Aether <Renegades> / <PRIME> / <POWER>
    1.5 to 1.7 - Kyrios - Aerosolz <Lithium>

Note on Private Server: NEVER PLAY IT.

my alt plays a lot and he even has created altz. several of them in fact.
    also one other thing. what about people how have split personalities or people have have short term memories... are they allowed to play? can they create players?
    Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast