+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eastern Hiram Infusion Quests Difficulty

Eastern Hiram Infusion Quests Difficulty

Are these new mobs supposed to be this hard? For the first infusion 50 kill quest i managed to do that one, although i did struggle as they hit like trucks it seems even on my 12k+ GS, but for second infusion 50 kill quest you need to kill ancestral lvl 24 elites and all of them always travel in packs of 3 in that area where you need to kill them and all 3 are 3 star elites, they melt me in seconds even with full epic erenor. So how are we supposed to do this on live? I guess in a group only because no way one can solo these, at least i wasn't able to even with such a high gear. And lets not even talk about those quests you need to do for scrolls, you need to kill a 4 star bosses to get 5 scrolls per quest. I guess grouping will be a must here
    DeathLives - Old Timers Guild - Tahyang - Conviction - Kadum West

you have to group for the bosses yeah, watch kooncoons streams. he solos the mobs although you have to spec for it.
    Aria - Pirate

XL games said there would be non-soloable mobs in the new zone. so yeah i guess it's working as intended.
    Doncella
    Taris

if you can't solo these mobs, you're doing something bad, i'm a 11k gs mage and i will clean just easy all these mobs (except ofc the treant and the big fat guy)

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarr View Post
    if you can't solo these mobs, you're doing something bad, i'm a 11k gs mage and i will clean just easy all these mobs (except ofc the treant and the big fat guy)
    your conclusion is a bit too fast I think. Because you can do it with your GS as a mage, doesn't mean a 12k+ leather/plate can do it.
    Those mobs Deathlives is talking about are mostly physical. There are some magical walking around, but those groups of 3 are mostly physical.
    Even with my GS (leather 17k) I die 8/10 time's simply cause my crit is RNG. When my skills don't land (snipe, backdrop+concussive, missile rain) I'm dead. They pull you in, stun and kill in a heartbeat. Also cause the space in between mobs is sometimes so little you have to be carefull with your AOE and you can't keep at a distance.

@deathlives: forget about the little Island, go deeper in the zone, east side of the river. There are groups of 2 walking around. 1 magical + physical 'bodyguard'. I find them easier to kill then those packs of 3

that groupe of mob is mad for force ppl to play in groupe and for me its realy fine . ofc most high GS will be able to kill them alone or with only one healer if they don't have hand. but i would realy love that Xlgame do more zone like that ( like if a mob drop a infusion everyone from the TEAM not raid only team can drop it too) so ppl will have to start play with each other and we could maybe stop the solo play and back to what a MMORPG is made for
    I don't speak English very well, so don't be a bad guy's and try to understand me <3

The mobs are easily soloable as an archer, but this is just unavoidable sometimes

ScreenShot0017.jpg
    nochill

Quote Originally Posted by Dedyda View Post
    your conclusion is a bit too fast I think. Because you can do it with your GS as a mage, doesn't mean a 12k+ leather/plate can do it.
    Those mobs Deathlives is talking about are mostly physical. There are some magical walking around, but those groups of 3 are mostly physical.
    Even with my GS (leather 17k) I die 8/10 time's simply cause my crit is RNG. When my skills don't land (snipe, backdrop+concussive, missile rain) I'm dead. They pull you in, stun and kill in a heartbeat. Also cause the space in between mobs is sometimes so little you have to be carefull with your AOE and you can't keep at a distance.

@deathlives: forget about the little Island, go deeper in the zone, east side of the river. There are groups of 2 walking around. 1 magical + physical 'bodyguard'. I find them easier to kill then those packs of 3
    Ok i will check out that spot, and yea im also in leather, and a melee class at that so as soon as i get in they melt me in seconds. Seems like these guys are specially made to be taken down by mages. As for treant and mammoth, i kinda figured out you would need a group for those, but im not much worried about those because they only give scrolls and i already have tons of lower tier scrolls so i can just upgrade those if need be
    DeathLives - Old Timers Guild - Tahyang - Conviction - Kadum West

I doubt you have enough old scrolls to make enough new scrolls to wake every item you want to wake.

The math...
    T2 Scrolls convert to T3's at a 5:1 ratio
    T3 Scrolls convert to T4's at a 5:1 ratio
    It takes 4 T4's to take a 10% shot to awaken one item with a 5% fail stack.

250 T3 scrolls to try to awaken one time.
    1250 T2 scrolls to try to awaken one time.

10% chance...

If you have a ton of old scrolls and get super lucky you might awaken one or two items without farming more scrolls. It's 5 labor per conversion too btw as well as 300 labor to attempt to awaken so you'll be using a fair bit of labor also.

If you're planning to awaken multiple Hiram items it is a much longer time. Everybody has their sites set somewhere. I'm going for a full suit, bow, main hand, off hand. I don't expect to have everything awoken for a long time. I like how they did this because it allows people who took a break to come back and catch up to a moderately competitive level quicker.

Also, this content is clearly going to be easier for groups. That will help returning players also. I'm curious to see how it ultimately works out. I don't have reasonably good gear on PTS so I couldn't test how strong the mobs will be against my real characters. I suspect it will be a challenge for me without a group. I think it's supposed to be.

I don't think it’s about you

+ Reply to Thread