+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Why do you even bother with the PTS if you put zero effort in it?

yes we need new fluffy commands or something like the russian PTS system.

2.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #12
    Community Manager
    Heya,

We are exploring new possibilities for Fluffy.
    You will be updated about it as soon as there is news.

I do not even remember how long Fluffy's last new commands were. The predecessors quite nicely collected all the things that are bad on our pts. These strange limitations and restrictions caused that for a few months I maintain only the patron on live servers, and I only look at the test to burn the labor. How many new accounts can be created to be able to do anything interesting? it really does not make sense. You made good move with access to pts only for patrons. Now you should to take away all the strange limits from the Fluffy commands.
    I still remember the time when new Fluffy commands appeared with each novelty in AA on the pts. I really loved to sit on pts and check all the news. Now I do not even know how to name this server, because it is definitely not a test server anymore.
    Taris - Noxie, Pts - Alisee, Pts - Drakul (Nuia)
    Real life doesn't exist, its only Afk

@carendash if you are truly looking at options for Fluffy, then here's one

/Fluffy, Give me my live toon!!!

one time copy of that accounts highest level character to test..

What better way for us to evaluate changes, than with a character identical to our live character...

Alternatively, do it in a similar way to the Character Move, only as a copy to PTS..

Just sayin!!
    Yreawl - Taris
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Quote Originally Posted by YalTheCat View Post

What better way for us to evaluate changes, than with a character identical to our live character...

Alternatively, do it in a similar way to the Character Move, only as a copy to PTS..

Just sayin!!
    This sounds like an extremely complicated command but from a testing stand point, this is exactly what we need. Even if it only copied inventory, warehouse, level and equipped gear.
    Hazzmatt - Class: Soothsayer <-- No Longer Dead Class
    <AA Conservation Society>

I would love to see an erenor lunafrost command. When I first installed PTS, it was to test what type of erenor set I wanted to make in live. Not having the frosts to test stuff with (do you really expect me to go grind for book of auroria???? I have better things to do) is a drag when you are trying to actually test out what would work better in the long run.

Personally I wish they would bring back "Notice Me Fluffy"

What is wrong with grinding? Testing gear is more than just finding how how fast a well geared player can kill something. Going through the work necessary to obtain a piece of gear gives you a good idea what to expect on live. You get to use some of the free mats to help you along the way. You get to decide on PTS if something isn't worth the work or expense on live. Effort and hard work is just as much of the testing experience as anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by YalTheCat View Post

Just sayin!!
    My favorite would be...

/Fluffy move my gold to live

Quote Originally Posted by Franciscothefab View Post
    Personally I wish they would bring back "Notice Me Fluffy"

What is wrong with grinding? Testing gear is more than just finding how how fast a well geared player can kill something. Going through the work necessary to obtain a piece of gear gives you a good idea what to expect on live. You get to use some of the free mats to help you along the way. You get to decide on PTS if something isn't worth the work or expense on live. Effort and hard work is just as much of the testing experience as anything else.
    Frankly, I have always felt that the main reason they "closed" that command when it was Trion was mostly because of the Ayanad Book material that you got from that. Because back then Trion still felt like Ayanad was the "most" valuable thing on PTS, even though we had T7 Obsidian which was equal that of Ayanad..which of course Ayanad is unique and beautiful, but still.. That's a little theory of mine ever since they closed it as to why it was closed in the first place, just Trion trying to continue to make Ayanad "rare." Which isn't really an issue, but then remove it from the command then if that's the case.. I personally like grinding for stuff even if its on PTS, hell I am grinding 100k Glossy feathers just for a Black Dragon right now, I don't mind it really, I am actually having fun doing it because to me grinding for something makes it more worth-while rather then getting it for free.

Even when PTS first opened and Delphinad was the "most valued" gear on there before Secrets of Ayanad was a thing; a lot of people including myself grinded for that. Most of the stuff that I have now-a'-days was mere from grinding it all. Some stuff were gifts from old friends, old Dev's but still. Not only is Obsidian gone now, but it would help out a little or if someone wants to just roll in Obsidian. Of course, certain things are fricken annoying to grind, but I also don't expect to be given stuff for free either. But anyways, Notice me Fluffy would be a bit helpful again..mostly the T7 gear more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraithunter View Post
    Frankly, I have always felt that the main reason they "closed" that command when it was Trion was mostly because of the Ayanad Book material that you got from that. Because back then Trion still felt like Ayanad was the "most" valuable thing on PTS, even though we had T7 Obsidian which was equal that of Ayanad..which of course Ayanad is unique and beautiful, but still.. That's a little theory of mine ever since they closed it as to why it was closed in the first place, just Trion trying to continue to make Ayanad "rare." Which isn't really an issue, but then remove it from the command then if that's the case.. I personally like grinding for stuff even if its on PTS, hell I am grinding 100k Glossy feathers just for a Black Dragon right now, I don't mind it really, I am actually having fun doing it because to me grinding for something makes it more worth-while rather then getting it for free.

Even when PTS first opened and Delphinad was the "most valued" gear on there before Secrets of Ayanad was a thing; a lot of people including myself grinded for that. Most of the stuff that I have now-a'-days was mere from grinding it all. Some stuff were gifts from old friends, old Dev's but still. Not only is Obsidian gone now, but it would help out a little or if someone wants to just roll in Obsidian. Of course, certain things are fricken annoying to grind, but I also don't expect to be given stuff for free either. But anyways, Notice me Fluffy would be a bit helpful again..mostly the T7 gear more or less.
    I kinda agree, but I think many people have lost track of the purpose of PTS. At the end of the day it is a public test server. There shouldn't be any grinding associated to it at all.

Now. You could use grindy mechanics as a kind of reward system for finding bugs or pointing out problems.

For example: If I find a repeatable bug that could be game breaking if sent to live, am tell Gamigo before they push the patch I should be rewarded. Or you will have people that just play pts to look for things to abuse on live even if they can just abuse it for a week on live before getting caught.

Getting a dragon or something difficult to get currently as intensive should be something they look into.
    Hazzmatt - Class: Soothsayer <-- No Longer Dead Class
    <AA Conservation Society>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast