+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5.5 here and halcy STILL 4k gear score to enter

5.5 here and halcy STILL 4k gear score to enter

Why is it so hard to change one number to a higher number?
    I checked on pts and halcyona is still 4k gearscore limit after what 6 months?
    Why isn't this hotfixed for 5.5 when we know we have a gearscore limit being an issue with alts afking and killin the fun in halcy. Every single halcyona my nation has close to 50% of the raids afk.

It is literally one line of code to change. It wont fix the whole issue but it will patch it up for a while. A bit more to do to fix the issue would be to remove the 1k labor reward. No pvp player cares about gettin 1k labor from halcy. Literally another 1min of work: delete a line of code from an npc..

Suggestion to afk alt problem in halcy: change the number 4 in the 4000 gearscore limit to a 6, 7 or even an 8. Remove the quest reward 1k labor pot. Problem close to solved within 1minute of work...

It's not gear score. It's participation. The majority of AFKs in Halcyona are 10K+ gear score. If you up the gear score requirement, you'd eliminate as many participants as AFKs. You wouldn't solve the problem. If you eliminate the 1K labor reward, you'll drastically reduce the participation of everyone. I'm low GS, an active participant and I can tell you that I wouldn't go near Halcy without that reward.

Haven't we learned anything OP? Gearscore restrictions don't work unless you set them so high that only a small percentage of the playerbase can participate.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

And yet they increase it to 6k in a later patch in korea.
    I personaly would set it to at least 8k now with hiram patches and all these no fail gems. Why would u want to pvp on a 4k gearscore toon is beyond me...
    Some increase should have happend sooner here cause 4k is absolutly nothin in term of any contribution. Ppl with 4k are 1 flameball away from death and just feeding. 4k limit might as well be 1k hell make it 0 come in naked nowadays. In this case i rather halcy didnt pop so i dont waste time watchin ppl dive and feed kills. Hell some nations are loggin alts on enemy side to farm kills...
    6k+ is a small step in the right direction not the full solution.

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    And yet they increase it to 6k in a later patch in korea.
    I personaly would set it to at least 8k now with hiram patches and all these no fail gems. Why would u want to pvp on a 4k gearscore toon is beyond me...
    Some increase should have happend sooner here cause 4k is absolutly nothin in term of any contribution. Ppl with 4k are 1 flameball away from death and just feeding. 4k limit might as well be 1k hell make it 0 come in naked nowadays. In this case i rather halcy didnt pop so i dont waste time watchin ppl dive and feed kills. Hell some nations are loggin alts on enemy side to farm kills...
    6k+ is a small step in the right direction not the full solution.
    4k, 6k, 8k... doesn't stop people from going AFK for free rewards.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

A 4.4k gs limit is basically not a gs limit. I think I have more than 10 alts over that level. silly.

+ Reply to Thread