+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: changing classes shouldn't cost gold

Hybrid View

changing classes shouldn't cost gold

It's a completely unnecessary and non-beneficial gold sink that does nothing but prevent players from diversifying their game play experience. It disproportionately affects newer "poorer" players who can't afford to waste gold changing class or delays their ability to upgrade gear because they are wasting gold to do it. It's a penalty to exactly the type of gameplay and feature that the designers try to promote.

Please actually take the time to re-consider this tax on playing and the negative impact it has on player progression.
    Aria - Pirate

Isn't it at max like 3 gold or something? Unless I haven't checked recently
    Sparx
    Queen of Lizards
    TARIS
    Queen of Haranya

STAND BY PRINCE YATEO C
    ALL HAIL YATEO C

3g 30s for a full reset at lvl 55 for the skill, lower then that it's cheaper, but not by much. Which even at low levels is not hard to get if you do at least 1 daily. It would only effect someone that swaps classes multiple of times a day, which I wouldn't suggest for a low level anyway.

Pick a class to get thru the main quest line, build up your supply then start messing with other classes.
    Server: Kadum
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

Honestly I have never heard any one complain about this before. I personally do not have a problem with it however I am a more established player. I can see it being an issue for new players if they want to experiment with classes but be grateful that ArcheAge does not lock you into a class you picked when you made your character like most mmos

If you swap and back every day its 2k gold a year which isn't insignificant. But it's not the actual cost so much as the concept as a penalty for varied gameplay, which is the opposite of most of the changes in the past year. It just doesn't make sense as a policy. It doesn't affect the bottom line - people aren't going to buy an apex to change class. It does affect in game decision and it does disincentive people from changing class or trying something different. If someone just spent an hour grinding gold and now the option is to spend some if that to do something different. or to just log out so that they dont have to grind it back, they are probably going to log out.
    Aria - Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by luniz View Post
    If you swap and back every day its 2k gold a year which isn't insignificant.
    You're complaining about 2k a year..? I could let my dog play on my keyboard and make more than that.

On a helpful note, do your merit quests per day and you'll have more than enough.
    Sparx
    Queen of Lizards
    TARIS
    Queen of Haranya

STAND BY PRINCE YATEO C
    ALL HAIL YATEO C

What a strange hill that you've chosen to die on. The cost is negligible.

I actually agree here. If they really want it to cost gold maybe it should scale with your level and then be multiplied by how many times you use it each day. Some mechanic like that helps newer players while still removing the gold. You would think they could come up with a better way to take gold out of the game though.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

6+ gold per swap if you also are changing stat migrations and ancestral skills.

Most of the crafting merit quests cost more than they earn. Only the dungeon quests earn gold and then you have to be lucky enough to get something soloable. But again, the cost isn't the point. Its frustrating that people aren't able to perceive why there shouldn't be a cost but I suppose it's not surprising.
    Aria - Pirate

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast