+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: changing classes shouldn't cost gold

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by romonster View Post
    Chinamen? Seriously? It's not 1890 anymore.
    The chinese gold selling market doesn't care tho. As long as people like you are willing to buy a couple thousand gold for a few dollars way less than the cost of selling apex.... people running around with hundreds of thousands worth of gold all baught from alt farms and chinese botters. There is no labor value, its corrupted....
    Truth:


    Trion and XL games hates everything I say because its the truth and stings like fire.
    Exposing the weaknesses in your circuit would send most to react in a way to fix the chain.
    Instead we get to see an awkward teen afraid of its flaws hiding them under the rug.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda Delux View Post
    The chinese gold selling market doesn't care tho. As long as people like you are willing to buy a couple thousand gold for a few dollars way less than the cost of selling apex.... people running around with hundreds of thousands worth of gold all baught from alt farms and chinese botters. There is no labor value, its corrupted....
    You completely missed my point. I would never buy gold. But that terminology is archaic and incredibly racist.
    Mulberry ~ Snowberry ~ Kadum East
    Moonstone ~ Kadum West
    Fraxinus ~ Wynn West
    Cinnabar ~ Wynn East

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Calmlands
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by luniz View Post
    It's a completely unnecessary and non-beneficial gold sink that does nothing but prevent players from diversifying their game play experience. It disproportionately affects newer "poorer" players who can't afford to waste gold changing class or delays their ability to upgrade gear because they are wasting gold to do it. It's a penalty to exactly the type of gameplay and feature that the designers try to promote.

    Please actually take the time to re-consider this tax on playing and the negative impact it has on player progression.
    you have to understand. there are a lot of things that have to be considered when you make a claim like that. Gold sinks are necessary in order to combat too much inflation.
    I mean I get it. YOU don't like that particular gold sink...well? should one person have a say in a random dislike?
    Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by DWolf View Post
    you have to understand. there are a lot of things that have to be considered when you make a claim like that. Gold sinks are necessary in order to combat too much inflation.
    I mean I get it. YOU don't like that particular gold sink...well? should one person have a say in a random dislike?
    There's no need for additional gold sinking in this game. The cost of high end gear is very high and there are already plenty of gold sinks, real pots are 40g a pop, underwear and costumes are 240g a pop, and then theres the repair cost of gear which is upwards of 70g a repair. It's very easy to burn through any gold you make just in maintenance costs.

    And for the record, you can't really consider the turn in cost of those packs because they may not be viable to turn them in. If it's not worth it just to craft them, then its not worthwhile to do the quest. Most of those packs that do get crafted just get left behind until they expire, they aren't worth the effort to turn in.

    There has never been any real, natural inflation in this game. Inflation comes primarily from in game mechanic or server changes, botters/gold sellers, and people who sell their accounts after amassing a lot of gold. If the game did things to encourage either new players or people to do new things, there wouldn't be any need for the kind of unreasonable gold sinks that are in the game now. In the past year or so the prices of most goods have been absolutely stable, ignoring normal day to day or seasonal fluctuations.
    Aria - Pirate

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Calmlands
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by luniz View Post
    There's no need for additional gold sinking in this game. The cost of high end gear is very high and there are already plenty of gold sinks, real pots are 40g a pop, underwear and costumes are 240g a pop, and then theres the repair cost of gear which is upwards of 70g a repair. It's very easy to burn through any gold you make just in maintenance costs.

    And for the record, you can't really consider the turn in cost of those packs because they may not be viable to turn them in. If it's not worth it just to craft them, then its not worthwhile to do the quest. Most of those packs that do get crafted just get left behind until they expire, they aren't worth the effort to turn in.

    There has never been any real, natural inflation in this game. Inflation comes primarily from in game mechanic or server changes, botters/gold sellers, and people who sell their accounts after amassing a lot of gold. If the game did things to encourage either new players or people to do new things, there wouldn't be any need for the kind of unreasonable gold sinks that are in the game now. In the past year or so the prices of most goods have been absolutely stable, ignoring normal day to day or seasonal fluctuations.
    you have no idea how much is brought in thru apex and how much is being taken out of the gold pool. neither do I but there you have it we both dont know...so BOTH of us should not comment about this again because we dont have the raw data to make a case.
    the original post was ill advised also
    Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake

  6. #26
    i sense a penny pincher IRL

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by DWolf View Post
    you have no idea how much is brought in thru apex and how much is being taken out of the gold pool. neither do I but there you have it we both dont know...so BOTH of us should not comment about this again because we dont have the raw data to make a case.
    the original post was ill advised also
    apex doesn't generate gold, so it brings none into the game. it only moves it around. anyway your point that people should never discuss anything without having a full data set for analysis is a backwards sort of logic. you don't start with observation and then make your hypothesis.
    Aria - Pirate

  8. #28
    Senior Member tinukeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,802
    Quote Originally Posted by luniz View Post
    And for the record, you can't really consider the turn in cost of those packs because they may not be viable to turn them in. If it's not worth it just to craft them, then its not worthwhile to do the quest. Most of those packs that do get crafted just get left behind until they expire, they aren't worth the effort to turn in.
    Disagree 95%.
    You have no idea what portion of packs made are turned in or expire.
    I'd wager that the vast MAJORITY are turned in.
    You just don't see them because they aren't left on the ground.
    ALL packs are viable, you just don't want to put the effort into moving and turning them in.

    Even when I don't have the time to run one and leave it, 9 times out of 10 I eventually get a 20% payout from it.

    Your assumptions are almost certainly wrong.
    Stop being poor and lazy and put some effort in.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,457
    Well its disappointing that we can't have a rational discussion without devolving into ad hoc and non sequitur name calling. If anybody can point to any actual beneficial reasons for this tax (other than combating inflation which is obviously untrue and unnecessary) I would be interested to hear it, but I dont expect that there is one. Fir the life of me I can't understand why a player would defend it but I guess that would fall within the realm of social psychology.
    Aria - Pirate

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,297
    Combatting inflation is neither untrue nor unnecessary.
    Mulberry ~ Snowberry ~ Kadum East
    Moonstone ~ Kadum West
    Fraxinus ~ Wynn West
    Cinnabar ~ Wynn East

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts