+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Alt problem and events

I have alts on my own and play both EU and NA servers. I don't see anything wrong to have an alt if you are allowed to have one, while I doing stuff with my main or one of my alts, I usually leave the other characters at home or somewhere left where doesn't anything to anyone. I would like the other people to do the same, but alas, most of them instead use it a slot-killer, AFK in trade outlet, or just annoying.

In my opinion, at least in instances like Hiram and Red Dragon, I would prefer an afk kicker after they sit for a while, and like arenas, they have a penalty to join for a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shone View Post
    Don't disable alts, just prevent alts from affecting important instances where you need active people.

Add contribution requirement to FoH & RD & Golden Plains Battle.
    Minimum contribution to receive reward: 100 and each action giving 5 contribution points.

For FoH: Feeding Brazier, Killing Mobs (Mammoth, Treant, Wolves, etc)
    For RD: Harpoon Skill Use (even the most ungeared alt can still pull off 10 harpoon shots).
    For Halcy (Golden Plains Battle): Assists, Kills along with an afk timer (remove reward for people who spend 10 minutes inside base locations).
    This is basically what I was going to say. I used to run mass alts all the time to do gulid dailies and stuff like that. I don't spend the time to do it now and I NEVER ran alts in group content because I think doing that is very harmful to the game.

What I see today is that people are queuing up AFK alts for Hiram Instance. Even worse, some people are queuing mass alts at halcy and running car loads of their alts over to their actual faction to be harvested as kills. It completely breaks Halcy because it fills your halcy raid with alts AND they farm kills off those alts so you're outnumbered and fighting an uphill battle. The problem at the Hiram instance is that you need a certain number of active players to do the content so you can end up with a bunch of alts and have your reward directly suffer.

I believe a lot of the alts causing this problem are actually EU players queuing up alts on NA to make gold to buy Apex to cover their patron. It's a big problem that breaks the content.

Alot of people here some how are trying to defend alts saying stuff like item are cheap because of alts XD like that is some how a good thing, every market alts ruin is an Avenue that actual players can't take advantage of, the economy is trash quite frankly, the best ways to make gold revolve around ruining a ton of alts, (blues alt bonds for cheap ayanads, honor, insert other stuff ppl abuse alts for). All in all "everyone" defending alts keep saying well any one can make alts XD how is it a problem who or the alts have to be played why stop someone from playing on another account, except this argument doesn't make sense when you're talking about ppl have 100-200+ accounts but some how people try to say this is ok..... you're special if you can't see how this is flawed.

I'm extremely doubtful that anyone has 100 accounts. There just aren't enough hours in a day to manage that. Everyone seems to forget that managing alts is time-consuming. I've spoken to people who have 10 or so accounts, and they tell me they have a hard time working with that many.

I can barely keep up with 3 accounts, personally.
    Mulberry ~ <Archangels> ~ Kadum East
    Moonstone ~ <Odyssey> ~ Kadum West
    Snowberry ~ Cinnabar ~ Kadum East

Quote Originally Posted by romonster View Post
    I'm extremely doubtful that anyone has 100 accounts. There just aren't enough hours in a day to manage that. Everyone seems to forget that managing alts is time-consuming. I've spoken to people who have 10 or so accounts, and they tell me they have a hard time working with that many.

I can barely keep up with 3 accounts, personally.
    I mean you can be as doubtful as you want, everything stated is fact, even before bond people were running 30.. 40.. 50 alts, it depends on what you're doing, tons of things you could do with alts with minimal effort actually isn't even that hard to think about what could or have been, the previous event had alt trains following each other for ez spam f to win events.

If it's that commonplace, let's see some solid evidence to back up your claim. I can't even count the number of ideas people have insisted were absolutely true, that were subsequently proven to be nothing but unfounded conjecture.

Quote Originally Posted by romonster View Post
    If it's that commonplace, let's see some solid evidence to back up your claim. I can't even count the number of ideas people have insisted were absolutely true, that were subsequently proven to be nothing but unfounded conjecture.
    Sounds like your argument is alts aren't being abused, I would like you to prove that, in fact it's one of the reasons we don't get many events as stated by trion a while back it to much work for xl to rebalance every even to account for the massive amount of na alts (I'm sure you'll want to see proof of this too but you can to dive though all the vod your self ... several people have posted vid of alt trains, didn't think I needed to reinvent the wheel posting more screen shots, in fact just ask anyone trying to be hero lol I wonder how many alt votes it requires to be permanently hero. UNFOUNDED BTW = Not delusional.

I'm not arguing anything really, just pointing out that managing that many accounts would require more time than most of us have. People tend to see patterns where none actually exist, too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2