+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alt problem and events

Alt problem and events

I think alt is serious problem for Archeage in any other mmo it would be bannavle to have few accounts...
    Most of arguments now are "come to private sercer we have 1 account policy and fair rewards" and ppl go for it....
    Second is event and achivements...
    We dont have enough events to do and earn things anythink beside ingame events and dailys cuz now gameplay looks like"log in do hiram do dragon and rest of events log off"
    and achivements they are awesome realy ! but the best one are for rich ppl... u need collect tons of premium items to complete it and where is part for free gamers?

Is there any chance to see back reduce alts number in game? the game is about dying with those alts army everywhere. Gamigo services should allowed only maybe 2 accounts log in same time per ip or something like this. Just remove those fk useless alt army everywhere !!!!

Imagine all the alts disappear, wo will process all the materials? you will end up paying for the processing the Labor at ist value, and again you would complain, because everything is getting so expensive and only rich ppl can afford.

An actively played alt, no bot user, is something at no Point bannable and at no Point anything bad.
    Just make an alt yourself, or let the ppl do what they want and get your own stuff right.

every alt char has to be played, means time spent by the Player, if he has nothing else to do on main char, so why should you prevent him from playing another char, just because YOU don't want?

I understand the Problem in Events and dungeons/raids, when alts simply occupy a Slot and go afk, this is bad behaviour, but can happen with main chars too.

I don't like playing lots of alts because i have not the time to do, and i enjoy my main char, and want the stuff done on my main, and not on alts, but that's just my personal Play style.

If you have more than one Job in real life because you want more Money or just can't Keep up with only one Job, so go for it, better than sitting on the street doing nothing and complaining about all the ppl that have more than one Job ....

Don't disable alts, just prevent alts from affecting important instances where you need active people.

Add contribution requirement to FoH & RD & Golden Plains Battle.
    Minimum contribution to receive reward: 100 and each action giving 5 contribution points.

For FoH: Feeding Brazier, Killing Mobs (Mammoth, Treant, Wolves, etc)
    For RD: Harpoon Skill Use (even the most ungeared alt can still pull off 10 harpoon shots).
    For Halcy (Golden Plains Battle): Assists, Kills along with an afk timer (remove reward for people who spend 10 minutes inside base locations).

I love how people come on and act like they've suddenly solved something that the entire gaming industry has struggled with since online gaming has been a thing.

Just check the 'no alts' box in the server settings... Genius!
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar90 View Post
    I think alt is serious problem for Archeage in any other mmo it would be bannavle to have few accounts...
    Most of arguments now are "come to private sercer we have 1 account policy and fair rewards" and ppl go for it....
    Second is event and achivements...
    We dont have enough events to do and earn things anythink beside ingame events and dailys cuz now gameplay looks like"log in do hiram do dragon and rest of events log off"
    and achivements they are awesome realy ! but the best one are for rich ppl... u need collect tons of premium items to complete it and where is part for free gamers?
    My alt hero with 20 or more alts hahaah RRRRRReeeeeeeeee
    Wish they where limited to like 3 per IP

Quote Originally Posted by Kingzilla View Post
    ...Wish they where limited to like 3 per IP
    This has been covered at least a hundred times, so I won't go over the reasons yet again. No system based on IP can work, because of the way IPs function.
    Mulberry ~ <Archangels> ~ Kadum East
    Moonstone ~ <Odyssey> ~ Kadum West
    Snowberry ~ Cinnabar ~ Kadum East

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar90 View Post
    ... but the best one are for rich ppl... u need collect tons of premium items to complete it and where is part for free gamers?
    Free gamers don't pay the bills. Why should they get anything?
    Mulberry ~ <Archangels> ~ Kadum East
    Moonstone ~ <Odyssey> ~ Kadum West
    Snowberry ~ Cinnabar ~ Kadum East

I always liked comments like this...

"I can't afford to have alt - no one should have".

Well imagine , just imagine to have more then 3 lands and only 1 char to cover everything.

Here's an example : i currently have 3 lands , 28x28, 24x24 and 16x16 . i use them mostly for larder packs and honey (beehive).

To gather honey from 1 beehive i have to spend over 200 labor, imagine that per 10-15 ... that makes 2-3k labor only to collect my honey..
    Next step... process materials for crafting multi-purpose larder , craft the larders themself... that's another 2-3k labor . we got to a total of 5-6k labor.
    Next step... get your aged packs from the larders which costs additional labor....
    Next step... Sell those packs to a specialty buyer... another amount of labor...
    Next step... you'll need a eco-friendly fuel (everyone is using it) , so another amount of labor to make it and another amount of labor to collect the fertilizers from chicken coups and etc...
    Next step by the previous = craft these chicken or any other coup or dairy cow pens...

So count the labor of each step and tell me that you can do it with only one character...
    If you can do it.... without spending real money... or using alt characters...
    I will delete my game...

I totally agree with 2 raised hands that alts doesn't have a place in any event, instance, dungeon and so on...
    But rest of the game play they are badly needed.
    Founder of ArcheAge

Server: Jakar ( Played on Shatigon)
    Class : Fanatic (Sorc/Shad/Male) ( Old : Primeval)
    Nation : Haranya ( Old : Haranya)
    Race : Warborn (Old : Harani)

Quote Originally Posted by ArDeMiNa View Post
    I always liked comments like this...

"I can't afford to have alt - no one should have".

Well imagine , just imagine to have more then 3 lands and only 1 char to cover everything.

Here's an example : i currently have 3 lands , 28x28, 24x24 and 16x16 . i use them mostly for larder packs and honey (beehive).

To gather honey from 1 beehive i have to spend over 200 labor, imagine that per 10-15 ... that makes 2-3k labor only to collect my honey..
    Next step... process materials for crafting multi-purpose larder , craft the larders themself... that's another 2-3k labor . we got to a total of 5-6k labor.
    Next step... get your aged packs from the larders which costs additional labor....
    Next step... Sell those packs to a specialty buyer... another amount of labor...
    Next step... you'll need a eco-friendly fuel (everyone is using it) , so another amount of labor to make it and another amount of labor to collect the fertilizers from chicken coups and etc...
    Next step by the previous = craft these chicken or any other coup or dairy cow pens...

So count the labor of each step and tell me that you can do it with only one character...
    If you can do it.... without spending real money... or using alt characters...
    I will delete my game...

I totally agree with 2 raised hands that alts doesn't have a place in any event, instance, dungeon and so on...
    But rest of the game play they are badly needed.
    Buy your honey and larders and your profits per labor go up and your overall income goes up. Your problem would be solved.

I do agree that people only see one aspect of alts and claim them to be all bad, yet they complain that resource prices keep going up and still love buying cheap tempers and labor pots. Most of the arguments against alts is about people who afk in instances, which isn't just an alt problem. Instances just need to be designed in a way that afk people don't get rewards.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast