+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Illegal Farming

Quote Originally Posted by romonster View Post
    But, are you implying there is something wrong with that? And if so, what?
    +1
    Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by romonster View Post
    But, are you implying there is something wrong with that? And if so, what?
    Nope, I thought it actually made for an interesting area!

Usually games have forest areas with large trees and spread out for combat, but this was something different and it made for something completely different! I was surprised that it happened by a players hand! and what appeared to be overnight at that! I thought it was really fun to see that a player could have such an influence on the area, but...

It just showed how much a player could disrupt something in the world if they really wanted to.

Like in the early days when opposing nations would try to move the other factions guild quest givers and glitch them out, to stop them from doing the quest.

So in this instance no, but the devs would need to be cautious about this in the future thus the labor.

how is it called illegal farming? shouldnt it be called oh look free Stuff!!! and why do you have a problem with it

Quote Originally Posted by PenPineappleApplePen View Post
    how is it called illegal farming? shouldnt it be called oh look free Stuff!!! and why do you have a problem with it
    you are confusing yourself. the op said illegal farming and the guy who made the pic already answered he DOESNT HAVE a prob with it.
    as far as your "look free stuff" point well taken

Quote Originally Posted by PenPineappleApplePen View Post
    People have (wrongly) called it that since launch.
    It's 'illegal' to STEAL the wild crops planted, and thus people project that on to the planter.

I call it 'unprotected' or 'wild' farming (and also 'oh look, free stuff!')

I call it "illegal farming" even when I do it, because I'm not paying the region Lord taxes on property. In a historical sense it would be illegal, although it is not punishable per game mechanics.

In the end, I suppose it was a failed experiment on XL's part, thinking that planting without labor would be an OK change. It was good for f2p's or those who could not find/afford housing yet, but got abused by hauler blockers, alts, and Thunderstruck farmers.

I would not classify planting huge forests as an abuse at all. It has really never hurt anything, and it's made for some really entertaining moments in the game. I would not have the patience to do that myself, though.
    Mulberry ~ <Archangels> ~ Kadum East
    Moonstone ~ <Odyssey> ~ Kadum West
    Snowberry ~ Cinnabar ~ Kadum East

The massive apple orchards in Gweonid and Ahnimar on Thunderwing were a thing of beauty, and finding all of the hidden tree farms during the first couple weeks of Reckoning was quite fun and profitable.

Planting in the wild/Wild Farming is risqué; others can stumble upon (or be looking around purposefully for these farms) your plantation and either destroy it or farm it if it has produced. In reality people wouldn't do it because it isn't allowed due to the lack of control the gov has on it. This is a game, and even though you don't pay taxes on it, I'd not bother with labeling it, too much. It is what it is, planting in the wild and it comes with a risk. It does take some investment but the pay off can be worth it.
    “Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
    - Jalaluddin Rumi

i believe there are always labor laying around. unprotected orchards will slow down but will not go away completely.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast