+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hiram Weapon choice as a hardcore tank Abolisher

Hiram Weapon choice as a hardcore tank Abolisher

Hey everyone i'm looking for advice on what weapon i should be using as an abolisher, I'm having a hard time deciding between Katana for the 15% extra leather damage or an axe for fighting plate users.

I'm leaning more towards the Katana but if it doesn't matter much i'll use a 1hand sword.

Which Hiram 1H u get doesnt affect much, there isn't 1 better for tanking.
    Actually the only weapon that could be different from the Others it's the club, giving healing power that allow you to play templar (useful in some late game events) but giving less dps

Yeah i'd use a club but i need something for farming mobs, my main source of income is coin purses and crates.

I mean a club would be nice for a Templar tank, maybe a Paladin but it's not very good for DPS and i don't have the resources to farm 2 weapons to t4 hiram for at least 6-8 months

I use a T3 Brilliant Hiram Club with T3 Hiram Shield and I find that it works out just great for farming Western Hiram and Most of Eastern Hiram I only have T2 Hiram Leather at Celestial at the moment. I have worked all this gear up from scratch as I coming from T5 Obsidian when I returned to the game. I am currently running Either bloodthrall or Paladin for my class
    Necromonicon
    Blood Reaver

Consider any regrading as a bomb waiting to go off, with fail-safes that will trigger the explosion even if you disarm it. Randomly of course.

I'm not so sure about for solo play but I think you might as well go dagger lol.

Dagger you do less damage but you also attack much faster which equals more DPS when you're spamming triple slash as your source of damage (and if you need to combo to CC it means you can do them faster).

As a tank in group play when healers are around, your dps as a tank won't be noticeable when healers are involved so I wouldn't really be worried about trying to even get an axe to fight plate - I mean, low dps tank vs plate, would it really matter?

Also wanted to add to this if your thinking Axe b/c you want to hit plate harder. I wouldn't even bother then because hardly anyone is wearing plate, it's all leather and cloth.

there is many type of weapon's that you can use but then again its base on how you play and what you are looking for in the game as far as pve or pvp....but for one using a dagger is also on how good your ping is so people can say on what is best that works for them but only you can pick on what would work best for yourself
    kiia - server Kadum east

Yeah, i decided to go katana, altho i may switch to a a 1h club

+ Reply to Thread