+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What to do with all this junk??

Question What to do with all this junk??

Damaged Stuffed Eagle - Cracked Rum Bottle - Broken Fishing Rod - Cracked Glass Slipper - Broken Spyglass - Unusable Net - Corroded Canon Barrel - Tattered Feather Pen. . . Etc. Etc. Etc.

This stuff piles up, and best I can tell, you can't sell it, you can't use it, Relic Buyer won't have it, and nobody wants it on the Auction House. So what can you do with all this crap besides toss it?

Surely they wouldn't just load the game with hundreds of useless, meaningless items?
    Or would they??

So what do I need to know about this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Player409 View Post
    Damaged Stuffed Eagle - Cracked Rum Bottle - Broken Fishing Rod - Cracked Glass Slipper - Broken Spyglass - Unusable Net - Corroded Canon Barrel - Tattered Feather Pen. . . Etc. Etc. Etc.

This stuff piles up, and best I can tell, you can't sell it, you can't use it, Relic Buyer won't have it, and nobody wants it on the Auction House. So what can you do with all this crap besides toss it?

Surely they wouldn't just load the game with hundreds of useless, meaningless items?
    Or would they??

So what do I need to know about this stuff?
    Just vendor it to General merchant or any merchant.
    Everybody loves a Skullknight party
    cuz a Skullknight party don't stop!

The entire point of it is supposed to be vendored to general merchant.

The items themselves can tell their own story, not just be meaningless. You find them in the sunken treasure chests right?

Damaged Stuffed Eagle could have been from a child with her family, taking refuge from the Pirates terrorising Two Crowns to a new life in Villanelle, but on the way their ship was apprehended and all was lost, included her favourite stuffed eagle ;_;

Cracked Glass Slipper, a couple from Ynystere ready to go to their Honeymoon to the lovely island of Ynys Isle to make their peace and say their vows infront of the sacred calf and Nui Priestess. Ran into a horde of seabugs on the way, and sank to their doom.

So on, so forth.
    Sparx
    Queen of Lizards
    TARIS
    Queen of Haranya

STAND BY PRINCE YATEO C
    ALL HAIL YATEO C

Quote Originally Posted by SparxIsGrounded View Post

The items themselves can tell their own story, not just be meaningless. You find them in the sunken treasure chests right?

Damaged Stuffed Eagle could have been from a child with her family, taking refuge from the Pirates terrorising Two Crowns to a new life in Villanelle, but on the way their ship was apprehended and all was lost, included her favourite stuffed eagle ;_;

Cracked Glass Slipper, a couple from Ynystere ready to go to their Honeymoon to the lovely island of Ynys Isle to make their peace and say their vows infront of the sacred calf and Nui Priestess. Ran into a horde of seabugs on the way, and sank to their doom.

So on, so forth.
    Sparx shuddup lol, That cracked glass slipper was urs ! and so was the Damaged stuffed eagle ! And you werent running From pirates but TOWARDS IT!

Edit> I just noticed im posting on my alt..... Its Kiroshin sparx.

Yep, sell it to a merchant. Some of those things are worth 5 and 10 gold. That's not a lot, but better than a kick in the face for all the time spent hunting treasure. LOL
    Laceylace

Kadum

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbrotherhood View Post
    Sparx shuddup lol, That cracked glass slipper was urs ! and so was the Damaged stuffed eagle ! And you werent running From pirates but TOWARDS IT!

Edit> I just noticed im posting on my alt..... Its Kiroshin sparx.
    Yo leave my Stuffed Eagle out of this, it was my favourite ;_;
    Sparx
    Queen of Lizards
    TARIS
    Queen of Haranya

STAND BY PRINCE YATEO C
    ALL HAIL YATEO C

Hey thanks everyone for your replies and info. It's about like I figured, but I didn't know for sure.

So on, so forth.
    Thanks for your reply Sparx, and I get what you're saying. Think I'll have a little
    fun with it too :-)

What about the Broken Spyglass that had belonged to Captain Cragger? Who had persuaded
    His Majesty to sponsor the outfitting of a mighty Heavy Cutter to help curb the rampant
    pirate activity in the Northern waters between Nuia and Auroria. After launch, "Vengeance"
    as the ship had been named, proceeded to patrol these waters and had sent a goodly number of
    pirates down to the bottom where they belong. The last battle however, against two heavily
    armed pirate ships while victorious, hadn't left Vengeance unscathed. Her foremast was gone,
    she was holed at the water line and was slowly drinking the sea. Captain Cragger had her set a
    South-Westerly course toward "home port", and hoped. Being "gun heavy" didn't help, but with
    the balers keeping pace with the inrush of water it wasn't time to start jettisoning cannon just yet.

Then with spyglass to eye, he finally glimpsed with relieaf a small distant island. If they couldn't
    make harbor at Moonswept Bay, surely the crew and ship could hold out to make the island.
    Just in case.

Disaster often comes without warning, and so it was that day. With the sudden cries of the
    crew in his ears and the sound of timbers cracking beneath his feet, spyglass still gripped
    in his hand, Captain Cragger looked about in dismay. As the sea began to claim him, the ship, and the
    crew, with utter conviction he cursed all pirates, the uncaring gods of Fate, and The Deep Blue Sea. . .

But most of all he damned The Kraken.

Now I'm mad, that was way better than mine
    Sparx
    Queen of Lizards
    TARIS
    Queen of Haranya

STAND BY PRINCE YATEO C
    ALL HAIL YATEO C

Now I'm mad, that was way better than mine
    Perhaps, if your interested enough, you should try writing "harder". From what I read in your
    first reply it seams to me that you have the imagination and talent for it.

After your last comment I turned a critical eye on what I'd punched out. I saw, for one thing, that this
    little "micro-story" sea tale needed to be anchored (pun intended) more firmly to the spyglass. So I tweaked
    the last chapter a little.

-----------------------------

Disasters at sea often come without warning, and so it was on that day. With sudden, terrified cries from the crew in his ears and the sound of timbers cracking beneath his feet, the Captain stared aft in utter dismay. The spyglass falling from his hand, forgotten, broke as it struck and began to roll across the now slanting deck. As the beckoning depths began to claim him, the ship, and her crew, Captain Cragger vehemently cursed all pirates, the uncaring gods of Fate, and The Deep Blue Sea. . .

But most of all he damned The Kraken.

-----------------------------

Of course, I could keep playing around with it, and expanding it for a year or two, but by then
    I'd have a mediocre novel. No thanks.

But once started, the imagination don't like to turn loose of things :-)

I could still rescue the Captain and some of the crew with a couple of life boats that had floated free of the wreck.
    I could give them a harrowing journey home via the small island, and plague them with more adventures on
    other islands along the way, until picked up by and enemy Galleon.
    I could fill their hearts with the lust for vengeance against the Kraken, sending them northward again. Etc. Etc.

But alas, this is connected to an MMORPG, and this is not a writer's forum :-)

Could still be fun though, if a few others got involved and carried the story along.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast