+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvE with ease: Archery or Sorcery

PvE with ease: Archery or Sorcery

Returning to the game and wondering about easiest time grinding for PvE to gear up? Should I roll Archery or Sorcery? Thinking about Fanatic. Any pros and cons about both trees would be great. I know archery was nerfed and everyone is playing melee right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaoLong View Post
    Returning to the game and wondering about easiest time grinding for PvE to gear up? Should I roll Archery or Sorcery? Thinking about Fanatic. Any pros and cons about both trees would be great. I know archery was nerfed and everyone is playing melee right now.
    \

Archery for general farming, sorc if you wanna push ancestral 40+

Before Eastern Hiram Mountains (our current endgame farming area) you could use any of the 3 DPS types and flourish with the exception of Western Hiram Mountains and the many of the mobs there using Charge/Stuns to anything not in melee range. Annoying but manageable.

Archery is great till you hit Eastern Hiram Mountains . Then you run across the high ancestral mobs with way more physical resistance than magical. Personal preference aside(I am an archer) magic is the better of the two at the high end .

Regarding the ancestral 20+ groups of mobs:

Melee does well because they can lock mobs down in CC from Battlerage for half their life if geared appropriately but they don't hit as hard as a magic user can with EHM mobs high physical defense(caster mobs aside as there is a lot less of them).

Archers have no such luxury as they do physical damage but take a huge amount of damage from lack of CC unless they are a magic hybrid. It then becomes a race and lucky crits if geared appropriately.

Mages can have CC and the mobs there are much more forgiving magic defense wise so if you are skilled at your class you can handle the groups of 3 that roam there faster than a melee class again, if geared appropriately.

People may argue this statement and they are allowed to but this is what I have found from all the time spent there solo and with friends. Anyone can farm EHM if geared correctly and aware of what their class is capable of until they reach the group pulls. But as far as speed and downtime is concerned magic can handle the group pulls better with CC and throughput of damage vs. resistances. Of course there is always the argument of "It's an MMO group up idiot." but we all know that isn't always a luxury.

That was rather long for a simple question. Appologies

(edited because spelling is hard)
    Dacks- Tahyang/Conviction/..Kadum (really folks.. Kadum?)

Quote Originally Posted by Zuesprime View Post
    Before Eastern Hiram Mountains (our current endgame farming area) you could use any of the 3 DPS types and flourish with the exception of Western Hiram Mountains and the many of the mobs there using Charge/Stuns to anything not in melee range. Annoying but manageable.

Archery is great till you hit Eastern Hiram Mountains . Then you run across the high ancestral mobs with way more physical resistance than magical. Personal preference aside(I am an archer) magic is the better of the two at the high end .

Melee does well because they can lock mobs down in CC from Battlerage for half their life if geared appropriately but they don't hit as hard as a magic user can with EHM mobs high physical defense(caster mobs aside as there is a lot less of them).

Archers have no such luxury as they do physical damage but take a huge amount of damage from lack of CC unless they are a magic hybrid. It then becomes a race and lucky crits if geared appropriately.

Mages can have CC and the mobs there are much more forgiving magic defense wise so if you are skilled at your class you can handle the groups of 3 that roam there faster than a melee class again, if geared appropriately.

People may argue this statement and they are allowed to but this is what I have found from all the time spent there solo and with friends. Anyone can farm EHM if geared correctly and aware of what their class is capable of until they reach the group pulls. But as far as speed and downtime is concerned magic can handle the group pulls better with CC and throughput of damage vs. resistances. Of course there is always the argument of "It's an MMO group up idiot." but we all know that isn't always a luxury.

Melee definitely take the crown when farming abyssal mobs in ehm, IMO. Mages probably second and healers/archers third.

The problem with farming as a mage/healer is the shamans mobs, while they arenít as common, their double defense buff can make a fight last considerably longer.

For farming regular EHM, any class works fine, just need to pick the right mobs. Healers/archers and possibly mages should farm spiders, melee can kill anything.

High tier DPS in general can farm EHM mobs efficiently. Mages can do it by CC locking a pack of mobs and dropping bombs on them so they can get to the point of soloing EHM mobs sooner (lower gear score). Melees get there by pushing crit chance and crit bonus to kill the mobs in some form of CC lock. I've seen archers do it with hard AOE DPS but I see a lot more mages and melees farming the EHM mobs.

The advantage of doing it on a mage is that you can't miss. Melees can cut down on the impact of missing by increasing their focus stat and/or using magic based AOE CC to compensate for misses. That said, a highly geared melee can kill the EHM mobs consistently and efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuesprime View Post

This is somewhat consistent with my experiences. There are a number of mid to high level mages that can CC lock 3 packs of elites and drop them reliably with ease by themselves. There are a number of very high geared DPS melees that solo 3 packs using trip lock combos and some of them also use AOE CC to survive if attacks miss.

I haven't seen any healers soloing the EHM mobs. I've seen a lot of healers pairing up with a DPS to keep the DPS alive while they kill the mobs. I've seen one archer that was solo farming the mobs via DPS.

The general theme to what works on the EHM mobs is basically to either be able to CC lock mobs till they are dead or killing them so fast that they can't do much. Characters that fail to do either of those things will typically have deaths from being CC'd and DPS'd by the mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollolol View Post
    This is somewhat consistent with my experiences. There are a number of mid to high level mages that can CC lock 3 packs of elites and drop them reliably with ease by themselves. There are a number of very high geared DPS melees that solo 3 packs using trip lock combos and some of them also use AOE CC to survive if attacks miss.

I haven't seen any healers soloing the EHM mobs. I've seen a lot of healers pairing up with a DPS to keep the DPS alive while they kill the mobs. I've seen one archer that was solo farming the mobs via DPS.

The general theme to what works on the EHM mobs is basically to either be able to CC lock mobs till they are dead or killing them so fast that they can't do much. Characters that fail to do either of those things will typically have deaths from being CC'd and DPS'd by the mobs.
    i've only seen 1 healer with enough brain power to solo ehm 3 packs, actually 100% big brain and im only going to say is very possible, just think outside the box.

why not both.

FANG BORN or something. it is what i play. i did not want to get rid of maladiction, but sorcery felt slow to me, but i wanted to stay ranged. so i went that direction.

its pretty interesting.

Maladiction, archery, shadow

AGI INT STA gear.
    scepter dagger bow

https://archeagecodex.com/us/calc/481070

now you can move bladefall for snare, but remember you have to have so many points in to unlock certain skills.

but if you want to be heavy on the archery, and maladiction you might have to give up stealth.

just keeping poison, and mark and free runner, backdrop... but we all know backdrop and stealth can save your life in pvp, and in pve, especially when you know death means going to a nui that could be half way across the map.

https://archeagecodex.com/us/calc/481070

I LIKE IT..it might catch on now.

BOOM DA MAGIC, and BOOM DA ARROWS.. has good CC, and ESCAPE, and maneuverability.

+ Reply to Thread