+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

  Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: For the love of god fix your servers.....

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by romonster View Post
    It's not dependent on distance to the server. I live over 1500 miles from the NA servers, and I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times ArcheAge has crashed since launch.
    I don't know where the servers are now, I heard previously they were located in Texas for atleast a portion of the USA... So out of simple conjecture a) where are you playing from b) where is the nearest server cluster to your location (because I actually have zero clue where their server farm is for Gamigo and it sounds like you do). My statement is based upon previous iterations of the game and from several friends who have played, a few of whom were in Texas and they always had more stable connections than anyone playing in our region had.

    The actual crashes that I'm experiencing appear to be packet loss related and connectivity to the server, which does seem to correlate with the previous problems I have experienced.

    EDIT: Also, previously people playing with a VPN did seem to have better connectivity to the servers, overall despite distance.
    Raeliq or some version thereof

  2. #12
    Also I will add, this has gotten consistently worse over the past week. It was super intermittent the first week I played. I'd crash maybe once a night, porting back to Marianople...now I crash nearly everytime I port anywhere, and it generally takes 2-3 attempts to actually log in. (I'm on try 3 as I type this).
    Raeliq or some version thereof

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,194
    Played for about 6 hours today with 1-4 clients withe a mix of EU and NA... Not one DC.

    Must be the servers fault...
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

  4. #14
    game is plagued by memory links associated with graphics...has been since day one...turn down your settings....and play like your in a 1998 mmo and youll see a significant improvement....,

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    Played for about 6 hours today with 1-4 clients withe a mix of EU and NA... Not one DC.

    Must be the servers fault...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabsum View Post
    game is plagued by memory links associated with graphics...has been since day one...turn down your settings....and play like your in a 1998 mmo and youll see a significant improvement....,
    Many of these so called DC's are plain and simple the game client crashing. And the higher spec PC you run it on it looks to be happening more often. For me its based on time online and how much its around you, so porting into Hero Hall is a bad place for me.

    Complete restarts of the game will prevent some f it, and deleteing the cache folder in documents/Archeage/UserX/shaders also helps a bit.

    But the prob is still a memory leak or something like that. Not seen a jury pop up in ages as the game keeps crashing every 2 hour or so in average.

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Kyprosa
    Posts
    23
    So, to sum this up.
    OP blames Gamigo for 10 DCs per day while apparently 98% of the players are not facing the same issue.
    OP gets told its most likely related to his connection and/or hardware, setting, drivers, etc.
    OP calls these people clueless and keeps complaining.
    "You fight like a dairy farmer!"
    "How appropriate, you fight like a cow."

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by AThreeHeadedMonkey View Post
    So, to sum this up.
    OP blames Gamigo for 10 DCs per day while apparently 98% of the players are not facing the same issue.
    OP gets told its most likely related to his connection and/or hardware, setting, drivers, etc.
    OP calls these people clueless and keeps complaining.
    Please show me where you are getting 98% from, otherwise don't pull BS numbers out of thin air you are doing nothing but posting useless informtion you cannot back up and it's not helping this thread.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    738
    I remember when Reckoning server launched with 3.0, and there were waves of DC's. We chatted amongst ourselves in the server, and found that almost a third (according to the amount left in raids) were unaffected. After inquiring about internet providers, we found the problem. Some providers have a shoddier connection to the servers than others. It didn't matter what speed our service was, but who the provider was.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    I remember when Reckoning server launched with 3.0, and there were waves of DC's. We chatted amongst ourselves in the server, and found that almost a third (according to the amount left in raids) were unaffected. After inquiring about internet providers, we found the problem. Some providers have a shoddier connection to the servers than others. It didn't matter what speed our service was, but who the provider was.

    We noticed something similar but came to a different conclusion, which is complete conjecture that it seemed that those who were least affected lived in closer proximity to the server cluster, but I'm not sure we ever detailed out the actual ISP and whether that was a contributing factor. We had a smaller guild and about 5 of our members who lived in Dallas/Austin/Houston rarely if ever got disconnected in queue or in game, at the time we believed that the server farm was in Austin so it made sense, but perhaps it's also because of the ISP that provided their service.
    Raeliq or some version thereof

  10. #20
    Well there are 12 separate people commenting on this thread, of which at least 3 (possibly 4) have had stability issues so just in this particular post it appears to be affecting nearly 25% of the player base so not sure where the 98% comes from. I've also noticed considerable, even when the game is running well(which it finally did late in the evening yesterday), server side delay on loading items(like houses) and I'm not the only person that has experienced that. And although not ground breaking(or DC worthy) that would seem to suggest that packet loss/connectivity to the server is questionable.
    Raeliq or some version thereof

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts