+ Reply to Thread

Thread: After playing on and off for 3 years give or take, i think i know what is hurting the game.

After playing on and off for 3 years give or take, i think i know what is hurting the game.

So I started playing not long after launch. Biggest issue I had was never had land, till late into the game, after farming purses for money to get it.

But the land i got was not the ideal, PvP zones. Trying to keep up with the pirates, purplers, and reds, who would whale, and wack me for my packs.

It did not help i was part of a guild that was known as the servers biggest babbies, the leader basically let people run us over, we never even stood up, i tried, but everyone back down, and left me getting my myself KOS, and the guild leader just said, i tried talking to them.

that is all the leader ever did.

so i got tired of that and just left, just could not make money. to gear myself, to actually put up a fight agaisnt them.

so fast forward a while, and i go back when fresh start opens.

I got land, not just a little, a full 3 gazebos, and a nice big house. i had larders in TC like no ones business, i also gave up some real money each week, 50USD 200 a month, plus patron.

the guild i was in. was now second on the server, for gear, gold, land. we owned most of TC moonswept homes. ZEALOTS.

I was making in honey, cheese, 1500g a day if not more. I was GEARED TO THE TEETH.. and when dill holes came knocking, to wack me for my packs. they found themselves very very dead,

i was moving 36-42 larder packs everyday. via merchant ship, and guild members who got my back, and did not back down when, PIRATES, PURPLERS, and REDS came knocking.

But we had two people making the guild a aggravation, every second of my time outside of pack runs, was speant having to manuever land for optimization, and then them not wanting to do the risky runs, because <add very nerdy mandork voice here> we are not risking that, im not running packs there because i hehe am not taking risk, and not going to fight.

so they would cost us lots of time and gold. because we had to spend time gearing them up, because they did not want to take the risks.

eventually everyone started to leave. i got tired of it and left.

so now im back again....and playing on a new account, on KADUM DUM DUM....

i wish i could take my fresh start character over to KADUM. so i would not be behind again.

but now here i am 17 days in to my new account. and just now getting to lvl 55, as i do not have tons of time.

1. i cant find any land anywhere, in any zone...war peach, ♥♥♥♥ space, sea, castaways.....NO WHERE.

2. packs changed again, now they become worthless fast outside larders... cant do larders...I DO NOT HAVE LAND.

3. i have already had to resort to APEX to get some money to buy some trash gear, to go after hiram gear.

4. the money runs out fast...because those luxury packs are not WORTH CRAP, and i have to make them on the spot with illegal farmming, and run them right there to get money.

but the money goes fast....

so after all this time. i know what is killing the game for new comers, and killing the current populations.

LAND LAND LAND LAND....it is no where to be found, and if you want it, and find it to be on sell, expect to shell out 3000-6000 for a 16x16 house or farm. 10k-15k for a 24 farm house or gazebo. 50k-150k for anything bigger.

I WENT EVERYWHERE FOR 3 DAYS...not one single plot open. and not one single going into unprotected mode until 5th of AUGUST.

TONS OF FARMS, not even in use..empty farms, houses, ect...just waiting on someone to shell out gold they barely have to own it.

The people on top, are the ones with land.

but LAND is killing it. newcomers cannot get land, unless they buy, with gold they do not have, that becomes a frustration to get, till they quit, because they have to work twice as hard to make half as much gold or less. or start spending tons of real money, to sell market items, to get gold to buy land.

the old people are leaving. because things are not staying fresh and alive. the market place for armor and weapons is a joke.. because everyone is max, few newbies... and no one is crafting or posting stuff for sale.

this is causing prices on things to skyrocket.. making it even harder for newcomers to get anywhere near catching up.

hiram though does level the ground a bit on gear...but those with money get there much faster... because they REALLY KNOW NOW TO FORK YOU...with regrade cost... a regrade from unique to clest is 90ish gold depending on item...but the cost goes up with a fail, and stays up..it does not go down.. it gets even more expensive.

so regrading just your weapons can set you back thousands, tens of thousands in gold... and landless new comers will get sick of that ♥♥♥♥ fast.

not to mention the grind on the gear, is annoying as FORK... and if one piece fails to get the stats you want.. buddy you start over...and spend hours...HOURS HOURS to get once piece again, to try and get it the way you want it...

do not get me wrong, this game is fun with friends, but by yourself, it is a lonely, grind, ♥♥♥♥aki show, of a game, with you feeling overwhelmed in a world full over OP characters. who got the luck draw on land.

they really need to make open land. not new places. i mean...open land where you can put a house anywhere in a zone.. but within reason. so your not driving though a endless village of houses, and empty plots.

make the house zones bigger, the big empty mountain zones where you could find illigal tree farms, those are big open places nice for houses, and land. since there are no mobs to fight up there for quests.

those areas in land, where a 16 could just almost fit, but it is just ONE TINY HAIR out, fix those.

make it where houses have to be placed optimally. meaning as close to another as possible. and in line with the parimeter lines. so no one person can drop a 16, and a few 8s, and block off the area the size of a manision or bigger. to stop others from getting in the area.

you might ask how do they get a bigger house.. they upgrade it, the game will shift the land zone accordingly. meaning it will push all surrounding houses a tick over, or back, and let any regular house be upgraded.

meaning if you start with a 16, and are surrounded. you get a mansion pattern. you take it to your house, agree to upgrade and rebuild. and BOOM the plot expands, and lets you have the area for it, and pushes everyone stuff outta the way. but moves there stuff without making a mess.

or another way. is anyone that does not own a 16, or house. uses half the labor anyone else uses, to do the same things. meaning they get more bang for their labor buck. i know this would make a real mess, cause then alot of alt accounts would be made to take advantage of this, but make it if you are in a family, without land, then your labor is the same as if you had land. still this would make a mess, but help a bit, cause then you just put your alt in guild, and then set land to guild. and then they do all the work at half the cost. but at least it would help those in landless frustration.

SO.
    1. open land really open it better.
    2. expand land with moving things
    3. half labor cost for landless
    4. remove land completely.
    5. or make houses and land a instance.. so everyone gets it and as much of it as they want. like GW2 guild housing.. massive place like a guild city...that can be used for all sorts of stuff.
    make packs and just drive though the instance, and travel from there to wherever you are taking your packs to.

but land is what is really killing this game.. newbs cant get it without shelling out tons of gold they need for other things..or becoming a CC warrior.

personally me, i am going to slowly CC warrior my way back to the top, unless they offer fresh start transfers. then i am going to transfers my fresh start character over, with its 50k gold, buy some land, and go back to playing with friends..

and i will stick around this time till servers are shut down.. which will happen at some point... because of what is killing new players, from wanting to play.

PLUS WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO START SELLING THE SCHEMATICS FOR RAMPAGE CARS ON MIRAGE. I HAVE HAD ONE ON FRESH START FOR A YEAR....AND THE ONLY WAY TO GET THEM, IS SHELL OUT 7k gold on the AH, or SHELL OUT REAL MONEY FOR THEM...COME ON NOW...TIME TO RELEASE THE FORKING CARS ALREADY. SO PEOPLE CAN HAVE THEM VIA CRAFTING ONE!

Well this is probably the wrong section for this post.

I agree with alot of the issues you mentioned, I used to craft cloth armor.. its not worth crafting it anymore in my opinion, because the crafting materials cost more than you can sell the item for, unless you try to upgrade, which adds costs each level. I have a worthless armorers house, and only about 98,000 tailoring since I stopped crafting.

As for property, I've gotten lucky both times the servers merged and found places in non pvp areas. The past 2 merges I was luckily fast enough to log on and get my pick of the litter so to speak of the zone, got myself spots and my mom spots lol... Yea she plays too.
    Finding an open spot, is very difficult now, that I agree. I would roam around sunbite with the design, you might get lucky because I have not seen any players near my place, just lots of buildings.

Sounds like more of a you issue than a game issue. Land is an issue, but not as big an issue as you claim to be. The devs have reduced the advantage of land ownership to making gold with each update. G/labor gap is reduced across packs from most regions. Larders are smaller. 16x16 cottage can be upgraded to having one tiny flower bed. Gilda packs got boosted. 100 credit planthouses that occupy minimal space for those with labor to burn.

It is better to have trouble finding land than what we used to have where land is empty in multiple zones before the merges. Where players memed building multiple mansions because nobody wants or need those empty land. Owning 3 gazebo + big house isn't a big deal. Free to play single account potato like me owned that way back then and now too. Though I have to admit I got my current land during landrush during the merge. Lost my ideal spot of villanelle pre-merge but happy to get place my potato mansion anyways. Just have to adapt not owning the perfect setup. Just have to be creative with pack running if not owning ideal land for easy runs.

If you were running larders in the past, I assume it was for charcoal. You can still do cargo runs now on merchant without land too. Oops, forgot you are running a new character. Maybe now you understand the feeling of those 2 players that you are still salty about for not wanting to do risky runs.

Also I believe rampage could always be crafted. Have you tried searching in folio? LOL They just cost way way more to upgrade to hold 3 packs than simply buying wrapped ones from other players so it wasn't worth it.

The game have a unique housing system... making it as instance would kill the game really fast... that's the main reason i quit ESO and returned to ArcheAge... instanced housing system is one big trash... and more... if the housing is instanced you won't be able to do your precious packs from there... so the whole idea ruin...

The game is developed as it is for a reason...

Making gold as a new comer is not that big issue.... when i returned started with doing cargo packs solis->two crowns .. invested all my gold into this... then i purchased my first house - it was Cherry Treehouse (28x28) started with larders and other stuff.... now i have 3 lands in villanelle at Jaun's Ranch connected 2 x 24x24 and 1 x 16x16... have a rampage chroma, have 2 galleons, have speedboat and everything else.

So if you work hard you can do it... also i was able to gear up a bit... not much but i'm at 6.8k GS now... so thing doesn't come easy as we wish... it's like in real life... you have to work hard to get what you want.

Please when you give any suggestions consider what impact it will have over other things....
    You can't just trow out an idea without even thinking over it.

As you can see on the map there are a lot of other locked territories in both Nuia and Haranya continents showed as grey collor, so they will do expansion over the lands and etc but it won't be any soon.

Plus, the rampage car is available in Gilda shop - Marketplace -> Award -> Gilda -> Page 7/10 as many other stuff for Gilda stars.

Rampage S200 - 2000 Guilda Stars.
    Founder of ArcheAge

Server: Jakar ( Played on Shatigon)
    Class : Fanatic (Sorc/Shad/Male) ( Old : Primeval)
    Nation : Haranya ( Old : Haranya)
    Race : Warborn (Old : Harani)

You all have valid points. But they need to do something to make new players not give up so easy. When you set the bar that high.

Dont give them a car. Or anything.

Maybe a 30 day land plot in a area. Not ideal but it gives them a 16x16 farm to earn money on for 30 days before they are evicted.

This would be a decent compromise and you could put that zone in white arden where all the illegal tree farms used to be. Just add a road in to run packs.

Instanced housing was a thought..but then i was like meh i really hate games that instance stuff. Because it takes away from the open feel. To a more...we didn't have a good enough server to deal with this....like gw2 between zone instance

I support instanced housing, you get one 48x48 that you still need to play taxes for while also keeping the open world housing. That way new players or anybody can own a house or whatever. No harm in that.That way you can at least have a place to farm or decorate your house. Game is pretty dead though, Only reason you cant find housing is the amount of alts people have, Im guilty of it, also you have to deal with the EU people that grab tons of land to farm gold for apex. I have a manor in ahnimar and have been trying to buy some 24x24s around me but the people are from EU and wont give it up. They log in every other day craft their tax certs, and log off. Just stupid. The whole system is flawed.

Edit. Before someone goes "iF iTs DeAd, WhY aRe tHe SeRvEr pOpUlaTions HiGh"? The size of the servers are small therefore even a small population will make the server say high population, other thing, for every one actual player there is 20 alts.
    Looking for good reading material while taking a ♥♥♥♥? Well grab your phone and get on the AA forums. Guaranteed good laughs

Property/Land is a great part of the game for most people. And everyone should have a place to call home... a place you can do some crafting, store things, decorate, farm, etc. For a new player property can be hard to obtain but that in itself makes it worth having.

Start small.. even an 8x8 if you have to. Those can be had for free or little of nothing if you look. I can show you some really nice spots (west Kadum). Work on gold until you can afford to purchase a 16 plot. Nice 16s around for 3-4k. And Farmhouses for less than 15k (I currently have one for sale on the coast in Dewstone). I have had a Mansion but unless you are really into running packs I think the farmhouse is better. I currently use a farmhouse because it gives me everything I'm looking for...

I don't understand some folks... that have land and use it for nothing ever?! And the land grab for collapsing houses could and should be better but I played at startup and left the game not long after. I just returned and the current placement, selling, and housing adjustments available is 100x better than at start up.

My advice is be patient in whatever you're doing in the game and don't fret over getting there in a hurry.... enjoy the adventure and travel. The fun is getting there not arriving at the destination.

Quote Originally Posted by deadq View Post
    Property/Land is a great part of the game for most people. And everyone should have a place to call home... a place you can do some crafting, store things, decorate, farm, etc. For a new player property can be hard to obtain but that in itself makes it worth having.

Start small.. even an 8x8 if you have to. Those can be had for free or little of nothing if you look. I can show you some really nice spots (west Kadum). Work on gold until you can afford to purchase a 16 plot. Nice 16s around for 3-4k. And Farmhouses for less than 15k (I currently have one for sale on the coast in Dewstone). I have had a Mansion but unless you are really into running packs I think the farmhouse is better. I currently use a farmhouse because it gives me everything I'm looking for...

I don't understand some folks... that have land and use it for nothing ever?! And the land grab for collapsing houses could and should be better but I played at startup and left the game not long after. I just returned and the current placement, selling, and housing adjustments available is 100x better than at start up.

My advice is be patient in whatever you're doing in the game and don't fret over getting there in a hurry.... enjoy the adventure and travel. The fun is getting there not arriving at the destination.
    No un getting there when farming hiram...lol. god awful drop rate..kill 50 get 1 kill another 50 get 3 kill another 50 get 0...even with book, pet, pot, and buff. Bleh..

But i finally got land. Used it for larders at first now i make more gold farming it for mats.

But have to still watch my labor with pots cause of having to synth n upgrade.

I've had to farm hard and buy land as it became available... I think that is what most of us is doing now. I actually had to bring back my two alts for their three 8x8 - and I basically find land where I can chain these together. Nice space for a big tree and some small ones.

I eeked out enough to buy the very overpriced larger lots (put a newer mushroom house down), got a gazebo and just bought a Rancher. Should not have to > but at the same time - everything I raise > sells and sells fast... I'm able to make a nice profit off of weekly Gilda pack runs (30G each pack) so not too bad.

So I see give-and-take here... yes, land takes time to get, but it's not impossible. And at the same time, everything I put on AH sells much faster - and I have even more ways to make profit. I've noticed few touch the wild plants ... so I also grab what I can on weekends and also > for a nice little profit.
    Jinx - Dwarf - Aria Server | Alts: Jing / Jejune

+ Reply to Thread