View Poll Results: What should be done with Fresh Start?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Merge them into Legacy servers and close it.

3 5.77%
  • Open 2 way transfers and let the players decide.

21 40.38%
  • Leave them alone. They were told it would never be Legacy when it launched.

20 38.46%
  • One way transfers. Let them out, but no Legacy free farmers in.

5 9.62%
  • I don't care.

3 5.77%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fresh Start Transfers

Fresh Start Transfers

So, the fresh start servers have pretty much caught up to legacy in terms of gear, but they have a population issue, which makes even more people quit. A sort of catch 22. What do you think is the best solution?

Personally, I prefer the idea of opening 2 way transfers, because Legacy is so crowded already, that even with dedicated housing zones, housing is about as hard to come by as it was during the first couple years on the most populated servers. We have raids and co-raids full on west and east for most events, with plenty asking to join even after cap limits are reached.

Opening fresh start for some to transfer to, would help immensely for those of us who don't want to be crowded, and allow those stuck in the dead server to transfer to where the action is happening. There's plenty of instanced events for people on the less populated server, to still be able to do pvp events, if they so choose.

This is just my opinion though, and everyone should be able to put their opinion without harassment or disregard. What do you think Gamigo/XL should do?

I vote no. The threads of people ♥♥♥♥♥ing about wanting out are too fun to let them go away.

Merging - REALLY Bad idea. Both Legacy servers are full, with no land available and this suggestion would uproot literally everyone. They would need another merge one month later because they only needed one server.

I was there when the first FS servers were created. And the second round. I don't remember being told they would Never be Legacy severs. They were supposed to be on a fast track to catch up with Legacy servers, with a goal of eventually being even with Legacy servers. So, at that point, why would they not be treated the same as Legacy and allow transfers?

One-way transfers out of the already empty server - making it even More empty, and Into either server where there is No Land. I have so many sarcastic responses to this idea that I can't decide which one to use. Why is this even an option?

They decided they want to play on Fresh Start. Wanted to be seperated. Nobody forced them to go there. They drained people off legacy, pushed others off the freshstart over time and now we should take them back? Hell no. stay seperated and play on that graveyard you made yourself there. If you want to play on legacy make a new account/reactivate your former accounts. why should legacy be bothered AGAIN with those people?

Just a big NO to any transfers/merges. Stay there. WE dont want you back.
    Sincerly loyal Legacy players
    A wild Tigerus appeared in the high grass. Defend yourself!

Homeserver: Jakar
    Class: Always some wierd archer class thats non-meta
    Nation: Haranya (formerly Pirate)
    Guild: All in One
    Race: Firran

My psychiatrist said I should fight my anger at people by writing letters to them and then burning them. Now I have a bunch of letters and don't know what to do with them.

While I can certainly see Tigerusí point and there are people who abandoned Legacy for the FS, I feel the Legacy servers at this point in time are a bit overcrowded. Itís made worse with the land shortage. I think two-way transfers are the best option.

Or maybe we can open one-way transfers TO the fresh start server.

1st option: it'll boost server population for everyone. (bad for land owners)
    2nd option: it's what they did every fresh start so far (balance pop some what)
    3rd option: it'll die out entirely
    4th option: pointless. You can transfer items over AH.

We were sold a new gold standard for the game. We were told of these phases FS would build itself up to, which failed to deliver. With perfect hindsight, if we knew how FS was going to go from the second phase forward, we'd have just gone back to our original legacy characters. First minor mess up, we forgave it and kept going. Things eventually either were delayed until further releases or never even came to fruition. We were lied to, but go ahead and blame us.

And you're speaking for yourself, Tigerus. Quite a bit of Legacy players want us over there. They are people we played with years ago and both sides of the equation want fresh blood.

Quote Originally Posted by anitabeer View Post
    ...One-way transfers out of the already empty server - making it even More empty, and Into either server where there is No Land. I have so many sarcastic responses to this idea that I can't decide which one to use. Why is this even an option?
    Yeah, that's what I thought too, but it's what the original post from some of the Nui people wanted. I had to put in all of the options just to be fair and non-biased, even if I think it'll just create a really dead server, similar to what Conviction was before 2 mergers ago.

Personally, I'd love to be over there while it's dead, and am debating on selling my stuffs and just making a character (AH transfer of wealth), but I really like all of the toys, outfits, farms, and limited time items that I've accrued through the years, and would have trouble parting with them. What I'm waiting on is for feedback from the Publisher on what they've decided before making any brash decisions. Hopefully polls like this will help them with how the community feels, then they can weigh those feelings with corporate and XL to give us their final decision.

The Fresh Start was supposed to be a "progression server", but it never progressed. The lucky players jumped ship early. It's the unfortunate souls that had hope and stayed that are being punished. I personally hoped for new Fresh Starts to feed into our server but that died when auction house merges happened. I signed up for the Fresh Start because I didn't want to play legacy but neither did I want to play on a dead server. Let's be real. The Fresh Start servers are like abused and neglected stepchildren. The only viable solution for Fresh Start players is to quit as neither XL nor Gamigo seem to care to provide a prompt solution to an ongoing issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    The Fresh Start was supposed to be a "progression server", but it never progressed. The lucky players jumped ship early. It's the unfortunate souls that had hope and stayed that are being punished. I personally hoped for new Fresh Starts to feed into our server but that died when auction house merges happened. I signed up for the Fresh Start because I didn't want to play legacy but neither did I want to play on a dead server. Let's be real. The Fresh Start servers are like abused and neglected stepchildren. The only viable solution for Fresh Start players is to quit as neither XL nor Gamigo seem to care to provide a prompt solution to an ongoing issue.

Being Loyal is a good deed.

And everyone knows, No Good Deed goes Unpunished.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast