+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why are casters going Staff over Scepter Shield

Why are casters going Staff over Scepter Shield

I am a returning player, but i have noticed, the AH is full of staffs, hardly any scepters. But i see all the casters running around with staffs.

I still have scepter shield combo, as i am on new account now, my old one was fresh star

so i have been trying to find out why, and should i change?

If you're looking at AH, that's because 2h weapons give more exp when feeding Erenors, and staves are cheaper to craft (wood-based) than the metal weapons (need sturdy ingots... which have too high of demand atm).

I actually think staff mage is relatively rare to run into even though they still do hurt quite a bit.

but that is what i am saying, while out farming, and just hanging around mari, i am seeing spellsingers, fanatics, spectres all using staffs. and here i am only ansestor 5 using sheild and scepter. and i am like i do not want th change, so let me find out if there is some new buff or benifit i am missing out on. and they are using HIRAM staffs as well, see very few Anya..

Quote Originally Posted by Leeboid View Post
    but that is what i am saying, while out farming, and just hanging around mari, i am seeing spellsingers, fanatics, spectres all using staffs. and here i am only ansestor 5 using sheild and scepter. and i am like i do not want th change, so let me find out if there is some new buff or benifit i am missing out on. and they are using HIRAM staffs as well, see very few Anya..
    2h gems are getting a buff soon making them equal to or just about equal to running dual wield for dmg gems, and game seems to be in a place where doing damage is more important than survivability, unless your a plate ape in which case you can do damage and tank a fight

Quote Originally Posted by Peashy View Post
    2h gems are getting a buff soon making them equal to or just about equal to running dual wield for dmg gems, and game seems to be in a place where doing damage is more important than survivability, unless your a plate ape in which case you can do damage and tank a fight
    Same guy just my freshstart name.

Well as a caster with hiram..im a plate ape. But thats because even on freshstart i am pushing 1100 int no gems..scepter shield. I have 62% phy def and 52% magic..but this was before ancestor levels. Anya weapons and eranor gear so i could kill mobs fast..and get a pvp kill now and again

But still i rather take the protection over being a complete glass cannon. Because that honestly will give me a edge in a fight.. being more defensive with near to same dps. So there seems to me, to be a slight edge still in dule weilding. Especially if you add casting buffs and pot n food n book buffs to that.

And a better example staff has 200 int. And 500 magic dps..

Well my scepter will do that too..but i also have off hand doing more for me.

In my opinion, why ppl prefer 2h weapons is because how fast they want to kill their opponent with combos within a few seconds by clicking button for 1-2-3-4 times. If they fail their combo then they are dead in most cases. However, while thinking most of the legacy server players own erenor weapons, it is not the case which you will die in seconds most of the time by melee or magic 2h weapon users already. In this game, you don't need to have any talents in pvp, it is just who has the better gear. That's why they choose 2h weapons.
    Among the guilds a time where
    the Elven-kings under the sky,
    where Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
    where Mortal Men doomed to die,
    the Ferre in the wilds and Warborn
    lived in harmony In the Land of Nui but,
    The One Guild was only for
    the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Nui where the Shadows lie.
    One Guild to rule them all,
    One Guild to find them,
    One Guild to bring them all and in the darkness bind them in the Land of Nui where the Shadows lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Firenation View Post
    In my opinion, why ppl prefer 2h weapons is because how fast they want to kill their opponent with combos within a few seconds by clicking button for 1-2-3-4 times. If they fail their combo then they are dead in most cases. However, while thinking most of the legacy server players own erenor weapons, it is not the case which you will die in seconds most of the time by melee or magic 2h weapon users already. In this game, you don't need to have any talents in pvp, it is just who has the better gear. That's why they choose 2h weapons.
    well there is some skill in PvP, for those of us who struggle for gear, you have to learn to try and outsmart your oppent. but for the most part, whoever has the best gear wins. say me a 4k gs, vs a 5k GS so no matter how well i do in the fight im doomed to lose.

but i still do not see 2h weapons as a advantage, when it can be offset by having defenses to combat the extra damage.

It costs a lot less hours to grind the two-hander and less thinking about the game. Catching up takes too long. It's a bandaid for low gear.

+ Reply to Thread