+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Doomlord... in need of advice and help with the calss

Doomlord... in need of advice and help with the calss

Hey Guys,

lord knows i've searched the internet looking for some up to date stuff but was unable to find anything very relevant or not outdated. I haven't played AA in a long time and am a returning player. I have a lvl 55 toon and im looking to get back into the game.

I was wondering about doomlord.... is it a viable build? is it good for pvp? What gear is better for him and what weapon should i be using. I've read to just pick a melee weapon of choice...is that accurate? I am torn between a Katana and a Short Spear.... Which one is better for the class and why? also any builds are much appreciated.

Currently im using a shortspear and shield. Mana seems to be a brutal issue. Thanks in advance everyone.

Welcome back to the game

Doomlord is one of those classes like bloodreaver were you sit between dps and tank.

I would go plate with magic damage reduction and a magic defense shield.

I dont play melee myself so i cant really help with a build.

I'm at work right now so I can't give you advice ATM but I'll come back later. I main doomlord. the nice thing about it is you can build it specifically for your needs they can be DPS / they can be tanky / can do hybrid magic and melee DPS you can use any of the one-handed weapons for example I use a club. They are not the best at any one thing but they are viable in several roles. I personally recommend both a magic and a physical Shield so you can adjust depending on your opponent. What server and alliance are you because if I can help you in game it will be easier than through the forums.

gear wise hiram plate with your main stat ie str or stam.. resli/tough and magic reduction. weap depend on role. mdef cloak, magic def gems and tough /resli chest feet legs. belt u want refresh gems, chest for frost u want 3% damage reduction, unless you are a high hp regen tank then u want recieved heal 10%. occult is a utility u use it to set up combos ie: hellspear to tigerstrike. if u go deep into occult u will want to pick up some intell because its a mana drain... most of your dps will be from BR though.

+ Reply to Thread