+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: FAQ ArcheAge: Unchained Discussion Thread

My questions for the FAQ are:

- Are there any changes going to be made to the trade pack system to make it either more similar to or revert it to the same style from Alpha test to 3.0? There are polling threads and lots of concern about it and I would love to see some changes made as the current system isn't exactly encouraging.

- Will there be any changes to the current infamy system? I have seen people asking about it and while I don't typically bloodlust my own faction I feel like it's a bit of a heavy punishment. Maybe half the current penalty?

Let us be 100% honest here as to why they would keep the current P2W servers alongside the Unchained servers. You can come up with all sorts of reasons... maybe some of them hold water, however, the main reason is money. People like to feel powerful and have an advantage over another player, so if some people are still willing to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars on the P2W server... then why close it? Milk as much money from those types of people as possible and then sometime in the future the population will plummet and the P2W servers will be shut down. It makes perfect sense from a business standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Noice logic View Post
    death of a game is pretty click bait, this guy is clueless.
    It isn't. How about you read the post and watch the video before you comment.

Interested in seeing these results pop poll

Will buying an AA:U account allow you to make a character on NA and EU with separate labor pools, or will you be purchasing your account for the region you intend to play in?

The reason I ask is, while there will be no APEX incentive to make a spare account on the other region's servers, this might encourage some players to willingly do the same thing they do now with an alt on the other region with the intention of selling the gold.
    Disabling the ability to even have an account in the other region will help to mitigate players with this mentality and lower the amount of cross-region alting.

Just ensuring the non-existence of what we currently know as 'Apex alts' would drastically change the worth of items in the economy, which would ensure a lot of players have something to stake their claim on to make gold.

I have other concerns about gold sellers/buyers, cheaters, botters etc. But this factor alone is a huge selling point for AA:U because it not only ensures a greater challenge for players but also gives less experienced players a better shot at progressing during their "learning to walk" phase.

Thoughts?
    Songcraft needs to be renamed to CarryCraft for DPS.
    Healers are still mostly immortal.
    Bring back old sparring where you couldn't see the opponent before the fight began.

Server: Jakar // Ex-Retribution / Ex-Sirothe / Ex-Nebe

Main: Fiyfa
    Old Main: Etheron
    Everybody has an Alt: Seliel
    I have more than one: Lithim
    Altage is a thing: Phinglophin

<The Devout>

Will buying an AA:U account allow you to make a character on NA and EU with separate labor pools, or will you be purchasing your account for the region you intend to play in?

The reason I ask is, while there will be no APEX incentive to make a spare account on the other region's servers, this might encourage some players to willingly do the same thing they do now with an alt on the other region with the intention of selling the gold.
    Disabling the ability to even have an account in the other region will help to mitigate players with this mentality and lower the amount of cross-region alting.
    I wouldnt worry too much - the amount of goldsellers would be limited I think as long as they keep up the Work of removing goldsellers as they are now. Dont seem to be much of an issue anymore as it once was ?
    Seems like they strike Down pretty hard on these sellers still - so risk of getting acc closed vs how much you sell before if happens, its a poor profit having to buy an account/copy of game (maybe im just being naive of their ability to come up with new ideas).

To my big surprised we had one (EU) for 2 days then it stopped Again. First one ive seen since returning 2018.

For the dedicated player I dont think anyone is willing or stupid enough to Work for gold to sell.
    But you have a valid question for sure, Id like an answer aswell, but not too worried - more worried about having enough labor for crafting (gear, mats for packs for gold ect)and trying to upgrade gear with the current labor cost. (as no longer being able to continue work NA for an apex to buy "daily mailbox labor potion", but im still happy apex and cashshop it being removed tho)

Nebe/Anthalon/Retribution/Jakar and the story (and pain) continue
    I'm sorry if I'm repeating this and it might be answered already, but can't browse 30 pages to check right now!
    Unchained content will be fully accessible? Like legacy servers?
    I mean Auroria, Eastern/Western Hiram and all?
    thanks in advance.

Watching the whales cry havoc is extremely entertaining.

In any case, the main questions are:
    1)How are the items normally on the cash shop going to be introduced into the game and how does it change the recipes?

2)What will be present on the cash shop and will it be bound? If things on the cash shop are not bound, this server will be as p2w as any other. It'll simply be more difficult for swipers to transform their credits into hard gold (less stuff to sell, no possibility to sell apex outright).

3)Will we have a PTS to test things?

4)Will it be another terrible "multiple phases" Fresh Start or a fully open Fresh Start?

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p...b027365670a6e5

-Luuuve the poll so far - now just need 1-2k more ppl to answer and preferable AA:U doesnt go below 83% - but gets closer to 100%.

When do we get AA:U - time to announce date ? Dont even bother do much in AA anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Avarina View Post
    I wouldnt worry too much - the amount of goldsellers would be limited I think as long as they keep up the Work of removing goldsellers as they are now. Dont seem to be much of an issue anymore as it once was ?
    Seems like they strike Down pretty hard on these sellers still - so risk of getting acc closed vs how much you sell before if happens, its a poor profit having to buy an account/copy of game (maybe im just being naive of their ability to come up with new ideas).

To my big surprised we had one (EU) for 2 days then it stopped Again. First one ive seen since returning 2018.

For the dedicated player I dont think anyone is willing or stupid enough to Work for gold to sell.
    But you have a valid question for sure, Id like an answer aswell, but not too worried - more worried about having enough labor for crafting (gear, mats for packs for gold ect)and trying to upgrade gear with the current labor cost. (as no longer being able to continue work NA for an apex to buy "daily mailbox labor potion", but im still happy apex and cashshop it being removed tho)
    It's not my biggest concern for sure, but a lot of my biggest concerns have been raised already.

Examples being:

Will you enforce a one-account-online-at-any-given-time approach even going so far as to punish people using virtual machines or obviously the same person using multiple computers (granted some people have more than one person in a household, but i think if the community says to you 'always see these two together and only one of them is getting bigger as the months go by. They could take a peek and see what sort of activity is going on there.)

I have a similar concern to you with regards to the sheer cost of crafting most things in the game. I'd like to see a small reduction in the costs of SOME things. A lot of stuff is fairly priced for labor but some stuff is just absolutely insane, mainly certain gear, the cost to use transmuters, having to both open an infusion and spend labor to use it with regards to hiram specifically, 500 labor to socket gems is absolutely nuts (If they don't change this stuff i wont be furious though, i love the harsh reality of it too, it seems somewhat challenging.) - that said there is a difference between arbitrarily extended the amount of time it takes for us to achieve any given thing and having a high labor cost associated. At very least the lower tier (t1 / 2) gems should be less labor to socket, maybe 100 and 250 respectively or something.

Also would like to know how they intend to make a no-pay2win season pass that's still compelling enough to spend money on. Will some costumes become exclusive to season passes, and will costumes in general be bound and untradable (including stat costumes) to prevent them ever being sold? Just cause it's purely cosmetic doesn't make it not-pay2win if someone is selling that cosmetic to a player who really wants it and then spending the gold on gear progression.

It's all obvious stuff but I really do hope Gamigo takes the idea of AA:U seriously, because - (even though people whine and complain all the time and say "dead game" and "this game sucks blahblah" they just keep quitting then coming back. So the game must offer something they can't get elsewhere otherwise, why keep coming back?) - archage certain has the potential to become a more mainstream choice in the MMO market and it definitely has what it takes to be the kind of game people stay with for 10-15 years if not more, just like WoW.

The only thing that's holding it back is how problems with the game are handled. It would be a good move to make it clear to players who's only incentive to play is to cheat, exploit and ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ their way into an unearned, shallow power fantasy where they can pose as a good player from a distance when being squinted at, that they are not welcome.

The game is supposed to be challenging. Players who's only interest is to subvert the challenge to the detriment of the community should not be pandered to.

I really hope AA:U makes itself a real contender. I'm 14k, totally free to play on Legacy right now and before the AA:U announcement I was bulking gold to prepare for a big push on my Erenor scepter to Eternal. My long term plan has unironically included making my way towards multiple high grade awakened erenor pieces etc.
    Suffice to say I have a lot to "lose" jumping ship to AA:U. But the challenge of it and the mitigation of influence from the absolute bottom of the barrel player type is immensely tantalizing to me.

I've not been totally sold yet, but I'm really starting to think I can be persuaded to move away from being a gigantic established force in Legacy to start all over again in a place I think I would thrive in, enjoy more and (given the alt-centric nature of legacy) even have to spend less time and effort on stuff to progress. Allowing me to have more time ingame for PvP etc.

At the moment if you're 100% free to play your first priority is making sure everything works to maintain your ability to continue playing the game you love. A one time payment to not have to do that stuff in a sever that's simultaneously less time consuming but more challenging is extremely alluring.

Bit tired and distracted so the way I've written this might be horribly repetitive and a bit all over the place. But I suspect people can read it and figure out what opinion I'm sharing. orz
    Songcraft needs to be renamed to CarryCraft for DPS.
    Healers are still mostly immortal.
    Bring back old sparring where you couldn't see the opponent before the fight began.

Server: Jakar // Ex-Retribution / Ex-Sirothe / Ex-Nebe

Main: Fiyfa
    Old Main: Etheron
    Everybody has an Alt: Seliel
    I have more than one: Lithim
    Altage is a thing: Phinglophin

<The Devout>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast