+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 70 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: FAQ ArcheAge: Unchained Discussion Thread

First: that's great news. I'm a founder and quit this year because alt armies and bots

1) care to elaborate on houses...how do you stop ppl from having permanent houses? without a sub they can just log to craft taxes and pre-pay so houses won't go demolition forever

2) Are you going to make a new website/forum for Archeage Unchained and get rid of Glyph/Trion brand ( trion name is bad reputation and brings so bad memories along )

Thank you and sorry if any grammatical mistakes ( english is not my native )

peace

Some of you need to recognize you're going to be miserable no matter what they say or do, and what you really enjoy is raging on forums. I've been making basically this same post since UO, across dozens of MMOs, and Ive come to realize it's a kind of mental illness. Many somehow prefer to set impossible expectations, make a massive emotional investment in them, inevitably be let down (since nothing could match the utopian ideal that lives in their mind), and then spend the next 4 years, following game year 1, writing dissertations on forums about how XYZ company is "evil" and "greedy" and destroyed everything.

There is one real currency in life: time. Given MMOs are multiplayer persistent worlds that need to keep a large player base occupied for years, there are only two possible models in any MMO: "no life to win" and, the ridiculously overused, "P2W".

Complicating this reality is that there are also fundamentally two kinds of players... People who just play and enjoy these games within the constraints of time, money and skill that naturally restrict them, and folks who have some pathological need to outperform those constraints.

It's that latter group that inevitably ends up raging on forums. Of that group, the people with more time than money love a model like this new one, until they realize they dont have the kind of time needed to be what they "need" to be, people who have more money than time love the old model, until they realize that they dont have the kind of money needed to be what they "need" to be.

So yeah... regardless of the model, (very) few MMOs have managed to overcome this psychological deficiency of the target market. WoW and FFXIV do it because the franchises are powerful enough that they attract enough sane players, who don't live on forums raging and who are just happy to be in those worlds, to keep those games profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by VanBlaze View Post
    I had many expectations with the Archeage Unchained, but, all empty. So they remove the premium but now they want to charge for the game and the expansions. For a game that is already 5 years old and they expect us to start from 0 on another server? Step before I buy a new b2p. My friends and I are not going to start from 0 on another server in a game in which we had already advanced. And especially if even paying for the game we have to keep fighting for a hole to put the house. Good luck.
    this server is clearly targeted at returning players. nobody is expecting you to switch if you are a current legacy player.

i think if archeage unchained becomes only on Steam looks good to fight against illegal programs that would allow multi box in glyph if Archeage unchained becomes available in glyph.

I remember that in 2015/2016 when archeage was not allowed multi box, illegal programs allowed and made available the PLAY button on glyph after opening the first account

What about the current legacy players? They've spent years getting gear and mounts and items and it wouldn't be easy for them to throw it away to play on what will obviously be a more healthy and populated server under Unchained rather legacy, which is where all of the new players will go. Keeping legacy open just seems to be for those who still play there and no one else.

How will there be housing for everyone? Sure, there'll be a much smaller amount of alts on Unchained than on legacy, but that will be replaced with an influx of real players. Is Auroria land coming back in the castle zones? Are more zones being added in the future that KR hasn't even gotten yet like Ahnimar/Rokhala that are specifically for housing?

How will anyone make gold? Recent patches have nerfed all forms of gold making into the ground--trade packs, fishing, crafting, etc. Without the ability to make more gold with alts, and the inability to buy more labor points, how will we be able to make gold to keep up with synthesis fees on dungeon gear and all of the other expenses that we have to invest in to play the game to the fullest?

How will new mounts and gliders be introduced if they can't be in the cash shop? I assume Manastorms.

1. Will there be an official Oceanic/SEA server based in Oceania?

There will definitely be a huge demand for an oceanic server and a large oceanic community who will play/want to play AA:U if they can play competitively with low ping against others in pvp. Blade & Soul had a petition for an official Oceanuc/SEA server based in Oceania which reached 15, 000 signatures within the first month of Blade & Soul's release. There has also been a heavy demand for an official oceanic server which would give oceanic players low ping on the Archeage forums since 2014.

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topi...-15000-signed/

Wow classic will have official oceanic servers.
    Wow has 8-9 oceanic servers and both Barthilas and Frostmourne oceanic servers have been consistently high or full population, even to this day.

The fact Archeage is a highly pvp orientated game makes the need for localised servers per region with low ping an even higher priority than in other games.

Having an official Oceanic/SEA based in oceania would most definitely bring a lot of people back to play the game, including myself, players who quit Archeage because of the fact an oceanic server was never provided and players who might play classic wow instead because of the significant ping reduction provided by Blizzard's localised oceanic servers which allows for competitive pvp gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiye View Post
    What about the current legacy players? They've spent years getting gear and mounts and items and it wouldn't be easy for them to throw it away to play on what will obviously be a more healthy and populated server under Unchained rather legacy, which is where all of the new players will go. Keeping legacy open just seems to be for those who still play there and no one else.

How will there be housing for everyone? Sure, there'll be a much smaller amount of alts on Unchained than on legacy, but that will be replaced with an influx of real players. Is Auroria land coming back in the castle zones? Are more zones being added in the future that KR hasn't even gotten yet like Ahnimar/Rokhala that are specifically for housing?

How will anyone make gold? Recent patches have nerfed all forms of gold making into the ground--trade packs, fishing, crafting, etc. Without the ability to make more gold with alts, and the inability to buy more labor points, how will we be able to make gold to keep up with synthesis fees on dungeon gear and all of the other expenses that we have to invest in to play the game to the fullest?

How will new mounts and gliders be introduced if they can't be in the cash shop? I assume Manastorms.
    Did you play The Secret World before? That game had made the same method and it is worked that the game is now as "The Secret World" and "The Secret World: Legends". After the game got the new business model of "The Secret World: Legends", the developers didn't add any new server for years already which it will be same for new AA business model too. I hope that GAMIGO will get MEGA SERVERs.

1) P2W best geared legacy players will never come to play at new server fully which thy will probably be bored and return back to their one shoot game mode again.

2) In my opinion, there will be two options for housing in AA. First one is "we still have the current housing option of AA" and the same time as second option, I believe that we will have a system like Black Desert Online Housing system. I think that there will be one or two AA EU servers with new AA business model for EU.

3) Because of Apex, p2w marketplace, mega multi-accounting with PN free farm servers of years, it was so easy for legacy players to make easy gold without playing the actual game that we had experienced at the first release of AA, players forgot how to make gold with normal ways with one account!!!

With this new business model, even the multi-accounting will not be enough to make free gold by just playing as potato like in legacy server!!! I hope that this "Buy to Play" model requires minimum $150 or $200 to play like Guild Wars 2 that will block the mega multi-accounting so much!!!

4) If XLGAMES accepts, that mounts and gliders should be acquired from the named World Bosses as drops, so it will make more players to play in open world; instead of getting them from cash shop via rng boxes... And of course, thy will still be attainable via Manastorms.

PLEASE GAMIGO, APPLY A CHEAT*HACK*MACRO DETECTOR SOFTWARE, and Block opening multi-clients from the same computer at least to lower the multi accounting as much as possible.
    Among the guilds a time where
    the Elven-kings under the sky,
    where Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
    where Mortal Men doomed to die,
    the Ferre in the wilds and Warborn
    lived in harmony In the Land of Nui but,
    The One Guild was only for
    the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Nui where the Shadows lie.
    One Guild to rule them all,
    One Guild to find them,
    One Guild to bring them all and in the darkness bind them in the Land of Nui where the Shadows lie.

If we do patron for everyone then we need to eliminate the 5 week prepay on taxes.
    - no thank you, keep prepay on tax, and/or a new solution (cant think of one so no suggestion for a solution atm), BECAUSE I do prepay in case of RL emergency preventing me from logging in to pay tax every week, and I do go on vacation for up to 2-3 weeks at a time...So I really dont wanna come back to my Little house and farm gone....but yes a solution is needed, but removing prepay is not the right one imo

Quote Originally Posted by THE MOUNTAIN View Post
    this server is clearly targeted at returning players. nobody is expecting you to switch if you are a current legacy player.
    Maybe but why pay for archeage 20 or 30 or 40 euro if i can b2p Black desert in steam for 5 with great graphics with sea system with housing and market system and remastered 4k graphics?

Quote Originally Posted by Keybo View Post
    KR server can be control to have only single account, because they are using social insurance number.
    I believe this is no longer true. Also, note that the ability to /follow while on haulers was changed BECAUSE of Korea and Alts...
    Yreawl - Taris
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 70 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast