+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 79

Thread: Declining population in Legacy/FS after Unchained announced?

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by Paypal View Post
    And ppl playing AAu think they can play only with 1 account... haha

    1 year later 6k gearscore

    You say that like its a bad thing. Fact is the Number on the GS is irrelevant. Can be 3k, can be 10k, can be 50k. The number is irrelvant IF Everyone has the same opportunity to participate and 'stay' competitive. If the top GS after a year is 6k, and there are 100,000 characters with that 6k GS, that is a GOOD thing. PvP becomes a game of skill.

    Its not about numbers. It's about being able to be competitive.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by Paypal View Post
    And ppl playing AAu think they can play only with 1 account... haha

    1 year later 6k gearscore
    Have you played AA from day one of open beta? Feels like you didnt..back then yes it could take a long time. A lot of you all want everything instantly something AA was never about. Slower gear progression was always a part of AA.
    Especially now with hiram it wouldnt take a year lol. Playing the game with dedication 6k will be fast enough I predict some will have that in a relative short time. XL upped the speed of progress already compared to 6-2 years ago.

  3. #43
    Senior Member Colthoron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by anitabeer View Post
    I'll be the first to admit I shut down my accounts and am waiting on Unchained. Not because its another 'Fresh Start'. I would not do that again. But because the game itself has been changed, and it will be a game that I don't 'need' 10'+ Alt accounts.
    I'd be interested in knowing why you think this is true. How is Unchained "changed?" Based on what they have said about the content of the game, it will identical to the existing game:

    Both ArcheAge versions will receive a new major update this fall. They will each have the same content and updates which will include a new skillset named Swiftblade, a revamp of the siege system, a new naval arena and lots more. We are super excited about this update!

    Also, if other players buy 10+ alt accounts in Unchained, won't you find yourself at a disadvantage fairly quickly? Won't lack of land still be an issue?

    I don't mean to be negative, but I think the player base waiting for this launch is envisioning something that will not exist.

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Rangora
    Posts
    2,779
    Quote Originally Posted by Colthoron View Post
    I'd be interested in knowing why you think this is true. How is Unchained "changed?" Based on what they have said about the content of the game, it will identical to the existing game:

    Both ArcheAge versions will receive a new major update this fall. They will each have the same content and updates which will include a new skillset named Swiftblade, a revamp of the siege system, a new naval arena and lots more. We are super excited about this update!

    Also, if other players buy 10+ alt accounts in Unchained, won't you find yourself at a disadvantage fairly quickly? Won't lack of land still be an issue?

    I don't mean to be negative, but I think the player base waiting for this launch is envisioning something that will not exist.
    Alt control in legacy is parallel. AAU will use "linear" alt progression.
    If you will not find land you will be ultracasual/noob. That means you can't finish simple questline 3-5-10x more time than others.

  5. #45
    Senior Member blycee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,050
    Quote Originally Posted by mikroman View Post
    Alt control in legacy is parallel. AAU will use "linear" alt progression.
    If you will not find land you will be ultracasual/noob. That means you can't finish simple questline 3-5-10x more time than others.
    You know that on legacy the most farms are empty and unused because nobody need mats? You statement would be correct 2 years ago but I guess you made a long break little padawan.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Colthoron View Post
    Also, if other players buy 10+ alt accounts in Unchained, won't you find yourself at a disadvantage fairly quickly? Won't lack of land still be an issue?

    I don't mean to be negative, but I think the player base waiting for this launch is envisioning something that will not exist.
    You got it, not a detail yet that doesn't confirm what you're saying.

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Rangora
    Posts
    2,779
    Quote Originally Posted by blycee View Post
    You know that on legacy the most farms are empty and unused because nobody need mats? You statement would be correct 2 years ago but I guess you made a long break little padawan.
    You need lands to craft trade packs. Or just use them to generate cheap vendor crops/fruits (its better income than most of processing income in legacy now). I don't think land is a problem now. But this fact will not change starting condition: IF YOU WANT LANDS you will get lands in AAU and alt accounts will not be real problems in starting days. If you can't get land but you need land you were dumb or extreme lazy.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Firenation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The Dark Tower ( Mordor )
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by blycee View Post
    You know that on legacy the most farms are empty and unused because nobody need mats? You statement would be correct 2 years ago but I guess you made a long break little padawan.
    In Jakar, there is no lands to find at all which thy are all taken by alts of land barons. So you play in Taris or Ezi, the free farm servers of Player Nations there for years.

    How are you going to survive without p2w I wonder. Even the alts cannot save any players who get used to p2w players who obtain gold easily. It is even not so easy to level up alts in this specific fresh server one by one. Probably, there will be land problem and if you don't have land how to make gold as a starting point? It seems like you didn't play the game's current version along with the game's current condition in EU at least.
    Among the guilds a time where
    the Elven-kings under the sky,
    where Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
    where Mortal Men doomed to die,
    the Ferre in the wilds and Warborn
    lived in harmony In the Land of Nui but,
    The One Guild was only for
    the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Nui where the Shadows lie.
    One Guild to rule them all,
    One Guild to find them,
    One Guild to bring them all and in the darkness bind them in the Land of Nui where the Shadows lie.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Firenation View Post
    In Jakar, there is no lands to find at all which thy are all taken by alts of land barons. So you play in Taris or Ezi, the free farm servers of Player Nations there for years.

    How are you going to survive without p2w I wonder. Even the alts cannot save any players who get used to p2w players who obtain gold easily. It is even not so easy to level up alts in this specific fresh server one by one. Probably, there will be land problem and if you don't have land how to make gold as a starting point? It seems like you didn't play the game's current version along with the game's current condition in EU at least.
    They will just buy from gold sellers.

    You never need land in this game to make gold, except for larders land usually hurts your progress. Land is mostly for vanity, storage, and extra sleep labor... otherwise there isn't much point.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

  10. #50
    Senior Member blycee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,050
    I truly see alts to be a problem regarding land - not in the starting days but 1-2 weeks after launch. We don't need much land in current version but some people will just block more they need. And without subscription, they never have to calculate if the land is worth. I also don't understand how they can assume people don't block more they even need.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts