+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Archeage Unchained: change the infamy/bloodstain system

In 5.7 patch according to Omnom's [WIP] document: here

Prison

You can now use labor on many activity in the prison to reduce your prison time.
    It is also easier now to get out of prison (the debuff restriction have change).
    If you involuntarily enter in prison (for example using your glider and falling), you can do a quest to get out quickly.
    Jail time according to your karma has been modified (You spend less time in prison).

From 5.6:

You can now auto-report blood, and get more information.

+1

In the discord server for ArcheAge News, a video was posted from AA Korea, and someone translated that the pirate cap had been removed.

Idk how reliable it all is, and if it'll come to NA in the upcoming update, or a much later one, if it comes at all.

I prefer faction based PVP so I like the infamy system.

I think most of the people who don't like it are the kind of "PVPers" that run from balanced fights and seek out fights where they can ambush someone who has packs. No one seeks out a PVP fight with a pack on their back and a lot of alts have enough DPS to 1 shot a car or hauler.

There should be significant consequences to attacking your own faction.

That said, I haven't done much trade since the rewards were reduced to a level that isn't worth my time. When I did, I mostly did war zone trade runs. I like risk. I also like PVP but I am not looking for pvp when I have a pack on my back. I would argue that no one is.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkFS View Post
    How bout you go play a pve game if you don't want to pvp.
    If AA is a PvP game, why %90 of the contents are PvE? Stop bullying people. AA is both PvP and PvE game
    Infamy changes needed to remove guild dominations and creating a friendly environment. Indeed they should remove pirate faction cap. So people who would like to be able to kill everyone, can. It's best solution. Because Infamy system is working good now.

Kadum West -Snow Flakes
    Wynn East - Avalanche

Watching this from the outside...

So what I'm getting from all this, is that the people who like to pick on other people of their own Faction, rather than going to fight the enemy in PvP, are complaining about being punished for picking on their own Faction. They announced the rules changes in advance. There was no surprise. And yet, you go 'purple' on people, and complain when you get punished for it.

What am I missing?

What is the big interest in " PvP "-ing your own Faction? Is it too hard to PvP against the people the game has given you full reign to PvP on? Why not just fight the Enemy? Or perhaps that is too difficult?

One suggestion I do think makes a lot of sense is the 'no AFK' jail. You should have to wait out your jail time in actual gameplay. Granted, people will still just leave the computer on and go to bed, but it's the thought that counts. Unless of course, if the jail clock stopped every time the 'Away' flag popped up.

IMHO

So you want to kill your own faction and barely get punishment. makes sence

Quote Originally Posted by Froooost View Post
    As the game is Faction vs Faction now, the infamy system really need a rework.
    Yes...
    Faction vs Faction vs New revamp PN(same cancer whit more rights for free farm)
    ArcheAge PvP mode activated
    Player vs Potato

Quote Originally Posted by SiulX View Post
    So you want to kill your own faction and barely get punishment. makes sence
    This game ran for several years with 10 infamy per kill, which was perfectly fine. Five kills, you get sent to jail. Not complicated, well balanced system. 50 infamy per kill is idiotic. It heavily favors people who want to live a risk-free life as they can simply get killed and then just try to get somebody in jail. Not only that but it also poses a problem to people who want to be legitimate players.

You move a pack and get killed by someone purpling on you. Bloodstain is reported. The guy is wanted. By the time you get back to him, his "bloodlust" effect is off. Now, you have to go bloodlust to get back your pack. If you win, he gets sent to jail. But you're now also wanted because you murdered someone.

That's just a very poor system all in all.

The old one was better. If anything, a compromise could be reached at 15-20 infamy per murder to allow some room.

New infamy system is trash
    \ ._.\ Kalizar /._. /
    <N/A>
    "Stay True"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast