+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Archeage Unchained: change the infamy/bloodstain system

Archeage Unchained: change the infamy/bloodstain system

Seeing as Unchained will launch on 6.0 it will not have player nations. Since the pirate nation revamp, that nation has proven to be too restricted. With a limited number of slots and no "nation leader" like player nations have with the capability of removing people from the nation, it will be filled up with inactive players or alts and therefore will not be a viable option for any decent sized guild.

This means there realistically are only 2 factions people can play on. This will lead to a large need of bloodlusting to fight other guilds on the same faction. As of now 1 bloodlust hit is 10 infamy, and a kill is 50 infamy, this means 1 kill gives you almost an hour of jailtime (and more the higher your infamy gets), one kill also instantly gives you the wanted debuff. This is too much and needs to be reverted to how it was before the changes, where a hit was 1 infamy and a kill was 10.

Some examples of where bloodlust is needed:
    - If a guild on your faction is doing a world boss that you wish to kill and the enemy faction is either not contesting it or unable to stop them, your only choice is to bloodlust.
    - Players on the same faction can sit on your sails during DGS and Kraken and the only way you can get them off is to bloodlust, so you instantly get the wanted debuff and go to jail.
    - Bloodlusting on a same faction merchant ship that is running packs, green pirating may not be appreciated by all players but it was a large part of the original AA experience.

An alternative solution that might be a better compromise between the endgame pvpers and the more casual players who do not want to be purpled day to day would be to remove bloodstains in world boss zones (arcadian sea, sungold fields, karkasse), the sea of graves/sunspeck sea (abyssal event and freedich), and all the oceans between the 2 continents to increase the risk of cross continent trade runs. This would make it so people can still do safezone runs on their faction's continent, but crossing into the ocean makes it more dangerous.

Or how about they change the loot so that anyone who participates gets loot roll thereby removing the ability of guilds dominating content excluding the rest of their faction, and encouraging the faction to work together?

Quote Originally Posted by Malekin View Post
    Or how about they change the loot so that anyone who participates gets loot roll thereby removing the ability of guilds dominating content excluding the rest of their faction, and encouraging the faction to work together?
    How bout you go play a pve game if you don't want to pvp.

The infamy system needs a revamp

As the game is Faction vs Faction now, the infamy system really need a rework.
    6.2 when
    UPDATE THE DILLIGENCE SHOP

+1 world boss zones should have no punishment for purpling.

i still think their should be punishment for purpling away from bosses and in the castaway strait, but the jail time should be reduced. if i flag on someone for their packs i'm totally fine with going to jail but maybe like 10-15min/kill

While I agree with some points, there is also another part that needs a revamp:

Not being able to afk your prison time. Atm you see a lot of wanted people simply get killed and jailed in the evening, and spend their prison time afking - that's no punishment.
    And time you are forced to stay in bloodlust mode should be increased quite a lot so pk'd people get a chance at revenge.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

I'd be fine with this if they also make it so that once bloodlust is on, it cannot be turned off. Put a timer on it (say, 10 minutes). Any pvp during that cooldown period resets the timer. This would give the victims a chance to recover their stolen stuff without having to bloodlust themselves.

Maybe also add a system that does not leave bloodstains if both players are in bloodlust mode.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

Infamy needs a definite rework. I've hated it since it happened. No way to purple the old PN/opposite faction alts running packs on their green accts. I always had a lot of fun scouting those people and taking their stuff.
    "You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw." - Bill Watterson

Quote Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
    Archeage is not a PvP game.

I agree! Fix the Infamy system. Put the old Infamy system back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast