Closed Thread
Page 23 of 98 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: [COMPLETE] Extraordinary NA Maintenance - 2 AM PDT - August 27

Quote Originally Posted by Windygamer View Post
    Aren't we glad they did not move the forums along with the other servers? What would we do then?
    Oh oh oh… now you've done it. Next time they will disable the forums too and we'll have to wait on the US Postal Service to notify us when the servers are back up again!
    "We build too many walls, and not enough bridges." -- Isaac Newton

I am seeing and here are many brutes who did not read the terms they are supposed to protect as they contemplate the rights of users, as well as the laws on this type of "service". They are obliged to give compensation for the termination of the service but ONLY to those users who have a CONTRACT through Patron access, only with them should apologize by giving compensation... all that user will obviously be annoyed with this because gamigo was NEVER professional, neither administering ArcheAge nor its other games. Why does uncle gamigo not invest more? I mean, while the bosses are enjoying the summer he doesn't invest in a backup subserver with which they could get all the work done without having to interrupt the service for more than 12 hours. We are talking about a unique investment with which you can avoid this problem by the inefficiency that always so happily show their users ... with the thousands of dollars that we provide among all users if you use 10% and rent on BlackBaze (I mean, because it is cheap and the less you spend is better for you) avoid wasting time as now and other maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrai View Post
    Honestly, reading these forums, all that I have seen were grumbling children. It's a game, not your life. If it is your life, then you need to go get some sun and change the way you live, cause it's not healthy. Unless you're making $100k a year off this game. (I'd be mad too.) I would be willing to bet $$$ NONE of you complaining are making 100k a year off this game.
    Grow up.
    They offer compensation, but they aren't required to give anyone jack-spit.
    If you think this is bad, you must be new to MMOs. I've played games where maintenances were sometimes 2 months long to fix a single bug with an NPC, or a mispelled NPC name. With NOTHING as compensation and NO updates about what was happening.

Ya'll are entitled.

Get off their backs and let them work or it'll be that much longer cause they gotta reply to dumb kids that are throwing a fit because they couldn't occupy their time after school.

Step 1: Cry a river.
    Step 2: Build a bridge.
    Step3: Get over it.
    You should learn about national and international laws before writing nonsense, and also to differentiate between developer and client (gamigo & TrionWorlds).

Gamigo is a German based company if I recall, their local time atm is 3-4am right now? Its possible we may not get a answer/update until their business hours? Possibly 3-4 hour or more from now...

Quote Originally Posted by Larannas View Post
    Good 2nd post, terrible troll attempt. I'd like to know what games you're referencing, and if any mainstream or even substream games like AA have ever had that issue.

I've been playing since 2.5, I was here for the disaster that was 3.0's update. If you think this is whining, I feel sorry for you, and recommend you don't look at the 2016 archives. This is nothing.

Yes, we're prodding them a bit. Sometimes that is a good thing, as it shows that the community actually cares about the game, and the times they've had in it. Are we entitled? Depends on your definition. It's because of people that spend money on AA that AA even exists anymore, so as far as a paying customer is entitled to get what they pay for, yes, we are entitled. If no one payed for anything in AA. . .well, may I bring up Freerealms as an example of what happens?

It would be nice to have an update more frequently than every 2-3 hours. Necessary, no, but it would at least give us an idea of how things are progressing. As for the compensation, yes, it's small, and yes, it would be nice if it was more, but I'm not going to argue with a free 4k LP and a day of patron. It's better than nothing.

End of rant, have a nice day.
    They did not ask anyone to spend money on the game. That is ones own choice. Hence, their fault. Knowing all well, games shut down (Bless Offline as an example). Servers crash and have to be reopened. Servers get DDOSed. Sha'll I keep the list going or do you get the point?
    Your point of trying to prove my "entitlement" claim wrong is flawed in every plausible way. Thank you for proving my point and have a nice day.

Also, the games I speak of were before AA was even being thought of. From the site Gamigo took over/bought out(?) Formerly named Aeriagames.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrai View Post
    Honestly, reading these forums, all that I have seen were grumbling children. It's a game, not your life. If it is your life, then you need to go get some sun and change the way you live, cause it's not healthy. Unless you're making $100k a year off this game. (I'd be mad too.) I would be willing to bet $$$ NONE of you complaining are making 100k a year off this game.
    Grow up.
    They offer compensation, but they aren't required to give anyone jack-spit.
    If you think this is bad, you must be new to MMOs. I've played games where maintenances were sometimes 2 months long to fix a single bug with an NPC, or a mispelled NPC name. With NOTHING as compensation and NO updates about what was happening.

Ya'll are entitled.

Get off their backs and let them work or it'll be that much longer cause they gotta reply to dumb kids that are throwing a fit because they couldn't occupy their time after school.

Step 1: Cry a river.
    Step 2: Build a bridge.
    Step3: Get over it.
    2month downtime for a single fix? This aint the MUDs of 1995 my friend!

HHEELLLLOO Gamigo you there? let's hear something please, good news, bad news, any news...it'd help

[QUOTE=Tsuganashi;2754340] They are obliged to give compensation for the termination of the service

There has been no termination of anything to date. Hense, you're flawed as well. Perhaps if you reword that statement you'll be correct.

As for the other, I didn't say anything about developers or clients, so you must not have been talking about me.

They are having trouble integrating the new hamster wheels on the severs at the new data center, also some hamsters have refused to run on the wheels all together. there is also discussion that maybe hamsters are not the right answer, but gerbils may be the new rodent of choice.

I am not surprised by this. There are always delays when it comes to this game. It would be nice to have a more effective notice about events like this in the future though. Give us a little warning so people can prepay their taxes, turn in their packs, plan to do something else with their time. I am sure many people can plan their week accordingly if they have the time to do so. A lot of the issue in the forums seem to be their schedule's being messed up, and then not having another activity available to them. I am curious as to when we will be able to log back in though.
    ♪bard♪
    “Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery.
    None but ourselves can free our minds.”
    ― Bob Marley

I'm where ever there are cookies.

Closed Thread
Page 23 of 98 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 ... LastLast