Closed Thread
Page 24 of 98 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: [COMPLETE] Extraordinary NA Maintenance - 2 AM PDT - August 27

Quote Originally Posted by Aetherian View Post
    2month downtime for a single fix? This aint the MUDs of 1995 my friend!
    Sadly, yeah it's true. 2 months for simple fixes. Early-mid 2000s-ish not 90s.

The wind and solar farms need to recharge before the servers will transfer successfully. They are updating from the old hamster wheel system

still down?
    Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Piratezombi3 View Post
    I am not surprised by this. There are always delays when it comes to this game. It would be nice to have a more effective notice about events like this in the future though. Give us a little warning so people can prepay their taxes, turn in their packs, plan to do something else with their time. I am sure many people can plan their week accordingly if they have the time to do so. A lot of the issue in the forums seem to be their schedule's being messed up, and then not having another activity available to them. I am curious as to when we will be able to log back in though.
    There was warning for this the original post was on the 23rd stating maintenance on the 27th that's 4 days of notice. Given it does say only 12 hrs thats still extensive enough and knowing gamigo or trion it doesn't matter will always be delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Piratezombi3 View Post
    I am not surprised by this. There are always delays when it comes to this game. It would be nice to have a more effective notice about events like this in the future though. Give us a little warning so people can prepay their taxes, turn in their packs, plan to do something else with their time. I am sure many people can plan their week accordingly if they have the time to do so. A lot of the issue in the forums seem to be their schedule's being messed up, and then not having another activity available to them. I am curious as to when we will be able to log back in though.
    The issue is that people make this game part of their schedule, instead of scheduling and then working the game in where they can, or that it fits.

Example: I didn't see this coming at all. I had plans today though, go shopping, get some E-Juice. Make some bomb food. Do some carpentry on the deck out back. Then if I got some time at the end of the night before I go to sleep play AA. If not W/E.
    Why can't other normal human beings do this, I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrai View Post
    They did not ask anyone to spend money on the game. That is ones own choice. Hence, their fault. Knowing all well, games shut down (Bless Offline as an example). Servers crash and have to be reopened. Servers get DDOSed. Sha'll I keep the list going or do you get the point?
    Your point of trying to prove my "entitlement" claim wrong is flawed in every plausible way. Thank you for proving my point and have a nice day.

Also, the games I speak of were before AA was even being thought of. From the site Gamigo took over/bought out(?) Formerly named Aeriagames.
    Have you not heard of Patron? The cash shop? Credits? They quite literally do ask you to spend money, because money is how the world works. If you think AA could run if people didn't spend money, you need to go back and study economics. Games shut down because people quit paying, then quit playing. AA, BDO, EVE, all have had issues with DDoS and other forms of cyberattacks, but they've not shut down yet. In fact, some publishers publish those attacks to gain publicity, and therefore, more players/customers.

Also, please point out where my analogy was flawed. If you buy Patron, you expect to get Patron. If you buy credits, you expect to get credits. They recently had an issue where people weren't getting credits from APEX, and they shut down the MP because of it, in addition to in-game messages warning players to not open them. Because people want to get what they pay for. If we pay for a game, do we not expect to get the game as a direct effect? So please, tell me more about your experience of paying for something and then being perfectly fine not getting it.

say somthing?

hey.
    say somthing to still alive.
    do not die.
    i miss u.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuganashi View Post
    You should learn about national and international laws before writing nonsense, and also to differentiate between developer and client (gamigo & TrionWorlds).
    GAme developer is XLgames, publisher is Gamigo. Trion technically is no more, folded under as a company name after selling assets to Gamigo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuganashi View Post
    You should learn about national and international laws before writing nonsense, and also to differentiate between developer and client (gamigo & TrionWorlds).
    Before attacking others on the forum, perhaps you should maybe have an inkling of what you're talking about? Just a suggestion. Gamigo bought Trion just prior to the last server merge. Gamigo/Trion are the Publisher of the game. XL Games is the Developer.

Also, you suggested they host the game at BlackBlaze. BlackBlaze is a data storage provider. It offers two products: B2 Cloud Storage - An object storage service similar to Amazon's S3. Computer Backup - An online backup tool that allows Windows and macOS users to back up their data to offsite data centers. What a silly suggestion. Data storage and server hosting are two completely separate services.
    Funnypants
    Leader of <CCH> Guild
    ARIA

----------------------------------------------------This space for rent----------------------------------------------------

If I was a betting man, I would not be putting my money for the servers to come back before tomorrow night, and even then... things are not looking good.
    Roses are red /
    Blood is too /
    Yours got spilled /
    For a charcoal or two.

Closed Thread
Page 24 of 98 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast