Closed Thread
Page 33 of 98 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: [COMPLETE] Extraordinary NA Maintenance - 2 AM PDT - August 27

I know you are working hard but could you inform us current situation please? I almost made a hiram gear on eu lol

Kadum West -Snow Flakes
    Wynn East - Avalanche

Pretty sure we deserve an honest update about what is going on. The initial 12 hours, ended over 7 hours ago. The compensation offered at the moment, doesn't come close to what was lost so far. Telling us that your update, is that there is no update, is depressing. Is this is what is to be expected all the time? Am I really wasting my time on the game? Feed us some substance of what is going on!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodCodeX View Post
    Pretty sure we deserve an honest update about what is going on. The initial 12 hours, ended over 7 hours ago. The compensation offered at the moment, doesn't come close to what was lost so far. Telling us that your update, is that there is no update, is depressing. Is this is what is to be expected all the time? Am I really wasting my time on the game? Feed us some substance of what is going on!
    [4:30pm PDT]: Unfortunately, there is an issue with the new data center that we are moving to that is outside of our control. This won't affect the game long term, but it is causing further delays. We currently have no ETA on when the relocation will be completed.

[4:30pm PDT]: Unfortunately, there is an issue with the new data center that we are moving to that is outside of our control. This won't affect the game long term, but it is causing further delays. We currently have no ETA on when the relocation will be completed.

so we could be looking at multiple days of down time?

when you feel like the older brother displaced by the new sibling

history repeats legacy doesnt matter get used to it

Well...
    That's what i said yesterday in nation chat: this will take couple of days at least.
    And it's not necessary to have worked with infra structure to know that.
    12 hours is a joke.
    Their problem is that they always gives lower deadlines to us, this just piss us off.

You don't piss off ur clients, that's what me, a BR monkey, learned.

PS: Every week u frustrate and piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuganashi View Post
    BB has to migrate data en masse, I'm not saying to host the game there but to transfer the files via that method which could take 1 day or weeks... instead of discrediting you could think of how to complement the service with a server and its need to transfer information...

Let's see I give you an example so you don't strain your brain: they invest in a new physical equipment and install it in another housing, instead of passing through FTP/SSH or another protocol they could use BB virtualization, oh... it didn't occur to you . If I know what I'm talking about precisely because I worked in situations like these in the past and what they are doing now is really ineffective, go and learn before you want to discredit other comments and more than attack was as a complement because they directly comment without more and do not even contemplate the rest of the factors.
    Why would I or anyone want to guess at what your trying to say? How about speaking clearly and being concise in your thought? it's entirely possible I didn't realize what you were getting at because your sentence composition is horrendous.

Basically what I'm getting from your gibberish is that you're calling them cheapskates for not buying a new server for the destination data center, then copying the files from A to B. What would be the point of that? The server hardware was upgraded less than a year ago, which negates any argument regarding the current hardware being out of date. The only other reason to do the move the way you're describing would be to maximize up time. This would not work logistically in this circumstance. It's a lot of data dude. Whatever your idea of "a lot of data" is....multiply that by 1000 and it might be a small fraction of what we're talking about here. It would take days, if not weeks to copy that amount of data and the game would have to be down the entire time of the copy or there would be rollback issues. In the end, there still could be a hold up if the new data center has an issue that's out of Gamigo's control. Oh wait, that's exactly what's going on!

At this point, no one has any idea (except Gamigo) what the actual hold up is. So how can you say what they're doing is ineffective? Wouldn't the root cause of the hold up have to be in their control in order to quantify that thought? They simply said it's something at the new data center that's out of their control. That could be anything from not having the physical rack space ready, to a downed A/C unit in a rack area, to a problem that prevents them from physically entering the building. Some issues can be solved internally, while the others might have to be outsourced to a contractor which can take even more time. Those are just examples but whatever the issue, it's OUT OF THEIR CONTROL rendering your ideas moot.

Q.E.D.
    Funnypants
    Leader of <CCH> Guild
    ARIA

----------------------------------------------------This space for rent----------------------------------------------------

I think it's time for an honest update...we're up to 18 and a half hours...with it being quite a bit since the last update that well, really wasn't an update...we will wait just be honest with us, give us something... instead of having some of us stay up till 4-5 in the morning hoping it'll come on...just tell us what's goin' on with the mother fin' servers so we can stop fin' staring at the fourms....please.

hey perhaps this in preparation for unchained!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 33 of 98 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast