+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Unchained is already dead.

Quote Originally Posted by blycee View Post
    I wonder how they will pay servers, devs, mods and so on from 20$ +10$ season pass. Lets say 10.000 people buy, thats just 300.000 $ include tax. A big part of it goes for sure to XLGames, so Gamgio maybe keep 150.000 $ ? But 1 real developer is for sure 70.000 per year, maybe moderators and CM's are a bit less but I worry more that we won't have many Game Masters that will be able to keep an eye on the server...
    thick headed people ffs
    Fortnite f2p and batle pass 10E 3-3 months no cash shop advantage items - Makes Bilions
    League f2p no advantage cash shop items - Bilions

MMOs are greedy otherwise would be making Bilions
    Give players fun and money will rain
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelda View Post

The biggest threat to AAU is not credit card warriors buying multiple accounts, regular players can drop $100 one time and accomplish that knowing it’s a major cost savings in the long run and pick up a few accounts. The biggest threat is gold selling by a very large margin.

People are leaving legacy to have “balanced” play and once the illegal purchases give individuals a massive advantage...that will disrupt the new server since it was the very reason people left to begin with not being capable of competing versus pay to win.

And P2W does not require absurd amounts of land when they can simply just purchase gold, so your land will be safe, just not your balanced fair game play.

-Mongoose
    Mongoose
    Kyrios
    West
    ~Southpaw~

Quote Originally Posted by blycee View Post
    I wonder how they will pay servers, devs, mods and so on from 20$ +10$ season pass. Lets say 10.000 people buy, thats just 300.000 $ include tax. A big part of it goes for sure to XLGames, so Gamgio maybe keep 150.000 $ ? But 1 real developer is for sure 70.000 per year, maybe moderators and CM's are a bit less but I worry more that we won't have many Game Masters that will be able to keep an eye on the server...
    The f2p+p2w model that AA used (and uses on legacy) just isn't marketable anymore. It did make a lot of money, and f2p+p2w games were coming out a dime a dozen with a ton of people excited to play them. But companies got greedy and kept scaling the p2w higher and higher and making the games more and more imbalanced. People started disliking the f2p+p2w business model and became wary of it. The model has become unpopular. People keep saying that "there are no good mmorpg's coming out," and the reason for that is most things that have been coming out now are that business model, f2p+p2w, with low interest. No one wants to be trapped into that scheme anymore, and the few people who are ok with it still get turned off due to lack of popularity or because the game was just blatantly imbalanced. Companies can theoretically make tons of money on f2p+p2w, but if that model is so unpopular that not many people want to play it anymore, then theory no longer matters.

B2P with or without some sort of sub and cosmetics only in cash shop are much more popular right now. Put in a lot of social media and marketing, and more and more people will want to play such a game. Almost every single household name mmo out right now is this business model, and while the business model alone is not why they are popular, it definitely contributes to it.

It's also not just about p2w either, however. Almost every game that has this b2p/cosmetics business model and is popular has another aspect too: you can pick it up, play it, leave, and come back at any moment. They're catered around people who want to play only a few hours a day max, but they offer the ability and activities for people if they want to play more. Basically, if you play more, you get rewarded, but if you don't want to play a huge amount, you won't be completely behind either. This usually isn't true of MMORPG's specifically, and many may argue that it's impossible for AA. But it isn't. Look at WoW and FFXIV. Whether someone likes them or not, they are probably the two most well known names in MMORPGs. You can talk to someone who doesn't even game and they likely will know what they are. Both of those games follow the b2p/cosmetics businessmodel, and both of them are pick up and play.

Now the really sneaky thing is.... AA is becoming more pick up and play already. Ever since Jake Song came back, the game has become more and more that way. It's reached a point now where you can come (especially on a fresh server) and do your dailies for infusions/hiram and basically be competitive. As an individual, you also don't -have- to get involved in the huge WB trap anymore either, since most of those items phase out at end game aside from some nice on uses (as a guild, those are still pretty necessary to have if you plan on fighting a group with them though). You no longer have to sit here and farm gold and items for hours and hours a day... unless you want to. More changes coming and planned push the game more into this model.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOuroborus View Post
    Here's how this is going to go down. A few Credit Card warriors will buy multiple copies of the game, grab all the land, and it will be over within hours. Without the threat of losing homes tied to patron status, it's going to be a big empty world with large estates. Any new players coming into Unchained a couple days after it launches will be faced with being homeless or a pirate.

The only way this game can get around that is regular new land expansion updates (and a system check of allowing only one account per billing address). Not cash grab re-packaging. This is all pretty much what private server has been doing for a while and it's dead.

Think I'm wrong? Wait and see.

Apples and Oranges.

The private server was completely Free to play including Free patron. Comparing what happened there with Unchained makes no sense.

Even if someone buys several games/accounts, you still have to play them. And IF Gamigo follows through, there will not be any multi-boxing. The one aspect of this game that everyone agrees on is that it takes Time to do the things you want to do. So, a guy buys 5 accounts. Even if he runs with a Guild, they spend hours getting the very first character up to 55. Sure, there will be land, and the first character puts down a couple plots. Now they gotta spend hours getting the second character up to 55. In the meantime, other players put down land as well. Which means you won't have a lot of huge blocks owned by one player. You will have players with a couple plots in several zones most probably.

IF you can't play all the accounts at the same time, the result will be much different than what this game turned into.

gold sellers kill AA. it would be nice if Gamingo banned them and gold buyers

Quote Originally Posted by Mauldin View Post
    gold sellers kill AA. it would be nice if Gamingo banned them and gold buyers
    +1. It won't stop everyone from gold buying, but it will dissuade a lot of people from trying it if they thought they could get perma banned for buying gold. Especially true on a new server where tons of gold won't really get you much further than someone with gold farmed reasonably in game. Part of the reason why gold selling/buying is so rampant on legacy is because it was never truly actioned aside from a couple of really high profile large-scale buyers.

Here's how this is going to go down. A few Credit Card warriors will buy multiple copies of the game, grab all the land, and it will be over within hours. Without the threat of losing homes tied to patron status, it's going to be a big empty world with large estates. Any new players coming into Unchained a couple days after it launches will be faced with being homeless or a pirate.

The only way this game can get around that is regular new land expansion updates (and a system check of allowing only one account per billing address). Not cash grab re-packaging. This is all pretty much what private server has been doing for a while and it's dead.

Think I'm wrong? Wait and see.
    I think you are right, because lets face it there is no way to balance land ownership or make it fair. People are too used to using 8-50 alt accounts every day for months, if not years. They are already salivating with greed in their eyes for the idea of a "one time purchase, forever Patron on all of my 50 accounts!" type of server. If the price really is going to be something like 20 I can see people spending 200 just like that for 10 accounts, because most people have spent 100 - 300 already on this game, but fear they have to keep doing that.

If alt accounts are not restricted in Unchained (oh the irony) then we all know what is going to happen.

I just looked at one map, Villanelle, on the dead EU server and saw these two fun clusters of alts. All with Patron status. This is just one map.

I have this sinking feeling that I won't even bother with the new version of AA, because 6.0 seems like the most unfun experience there is. The player driven economy is neutered and it heavily and even relies on the cash shop to function. With that gone I don't know how they plan on balancing anything, especially land, but also things like PvP. From what I understand AA has had content drought for a few years now with dailies and grind being the new content.

whale, zerg, free farm replaced craft, claim, conquer

Quote Originally Posted by Mauldin View Post
    gold sellers kill AA.
    Multibox and Alts also killed the game
    at one point was called altage
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelda View Post

(and a system check of allowing only one account per billing address).
    So what you're saying is me, my girlfriend, and my roommate who all live at the same billing address, only one of us should get the play unchained? Were you always this dumb or did you have to work towards it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast