+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Unchained is already dead.

Quote Originally Posted by romonster View Post
    Since tradeable tax certs will be removed, the dynamics of owning large amounts of property will change quite a bit.
    Indeed, this makes alts far more useful. Especily if low tax property is still available. 20 bucks to hold most of your property forever seems lime a pretty great deal to me.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

With no monthly patron fees, this is exactly what will happen. Besides the ones who will have alts owning large areas, we'll also have a few who will play a few days, and then stop, only logging in every week or month to pay taxes, permanently blocking areas, since they can keep paying taxes without ever putting another dime into the game. It could be active griefing, or it could just be the sense of entitlement that they got it first. Just know, that it will happen.

Ok. I'll explain how this is impossible since I hate alarmists or people trolling that way to scare people away from AAU.

-Tax certs will not be in the marketplace. This has already been confirmed by Gamigo. Without construction proficiency, it costs 300 labor per tax cert. The max amount of taxes someone can create a day is 48 with a daily labor regen of 2880/24hours. There will be no labor pots. So about 48 taxes a day.
    -Houses and farms will no longer be in the cash shop. So players will be restricted to what they can earn in-game, which is supposedly everything, but of course, you're not going to be able to farm the gilda for a mansion before all the land is claimed.
    -It's level 30 now to get your 8x8 and level 55 now to get your 16x16. Thatched farmhouses are now 300 gilda and the cheapest 24x24 is 200 gilda. There are still cheapy 16x16 houses for 15 gilda/each, but I wouldn't be surprised if they increased the price of this to stop it from being used as a placeholder.
    -Just to place a normal 8x8 farm, it is 15 total tax certs. (10 security deposit, 5 base taxes). That's not including if there is a hostile territory fee or if someone already has a large amount of land. It's 30 total tax certs for a 16x16 house or farm.
    -You can't place more than 2 unfinished properties at a time on a single account. This really restricts how much property someone can just be sitting on. On a heavily populated server, people aren't just going to wait for you to build properties so you can put down more before they do.
    -Multiclienting will be prohibited on AAU. It depends on how they do this, but I'm sure there will be work arounds. If it is like normal launch, though, players will attempt to use VM's. Using VM's is pretty irritating, and less people than not will do it. However, Gamigo hasn't released exactly what they will do about multiclienters. They could also make multiclienting heavily actionable, and if someone tries to somehow magically place a ton of land despite tax and housing limitations, that would be an actionable offense.
    -This is just a guess, but land will likely be locked for a bit after release. It was on every single release of AA so far, so it stands to reason that it would be here too. It will be a laggy crap fest of people waiting in zones for land to come active, everyone with their taxes and properties ready. With the growing popularity of AAU, that will be hundreds if not thousands of people on the server trying to claim land at the same time. Trying to multiclient that would be hell, especially with a VM. With the two unbuilt properties/account rule and tax restrictions, noone is going to be getting large swaths of land. Even if they wait a full week before opening land, the max amount of taxes you can craft in that time is 336.
    -Even if land rush is slow, people actually BUILDING their properties so they can claim more will be another issue. Building even a 16x16 cottage on a new server is a nightmareish amount of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Trest View Post
    -Tax certs will not be in the marketplace. This has already been confirmed by Gamigo. Without construction proficiency, it costs 300 labor per tax cert. The max amount of taxes someone can create a day is 9.6 with a daily labor regen of 2880/24hours. There will be no labor pots. So about 9 taxes a day.
    Tax certs at base are 60 labor each. Your whole theory is based on a lie.
    Epic Erenor Scepter - 856 Magic Att, 733 gimped DPS.
    Epic Erenor Katana - 815.3 DPS.
    Epic Erenor Bow - 693 DPS... worse than the gimped weapon even though it's a primary weapon.
    "Balance" . . . This doesn't even take in to account the 978.4 epic erenor nodachi, or 978 mAtt staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerdles View Post
    Tax certs at base are 60 labor each. Your whole theory is based on a lie.
    I messed up. It's early for me lmao. But everything still stands. I just need to adjust the numbers a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Trest View Post
    -This is just a guess, but land will likely be locked for a bit after release. It was on every single release of AA so far, so it stands to reason that it would be here too.
    I hope what you say is true, but the part I highlighted is flat out false. At launch, during head start, all of the land (even 8x8's) was filled within a couple hours of servers opening. When Reckoning (3.0) released, I was able to get a spot in Rokhala within just a few hours of the servers opening. The open spots were gone in a day or two.

If they do lock land for a couple days, it would allow many to get their scarecrows and a couple houses ready for when it does open. That would be fairly fair for those who had the time to grind out the levels. It doesn't prevent the people who will lock down land permanently because they no longer play though. Maybe it'll work, we'll see.

I think a lot of you are forgetting a system in game that allows all the farmland a player could want with multiple accounts regardless if they are single login or not .

The Family System would allow you to link land/chests for every account you have and even if it is changed to single account per login all you need is have a friend to invite your alt accounts to the family. All the Honor you can sell, Labor you want, and land to use it on to then transfer all the gold you earn to your main.

PTW isn't going away it is just changing how you approach it. It is just more of the same. Unchained needs way more than a different marketplace and no APEX to change that.
    Dacks- Tahyang/Conviction/Kadum/Wynn

Unchained will be selling tax certs and all other p2w items in the cash shop within 6 months.
    "No Tricks, No Traps"

Quote Originally Posted by Zuesprime View Post
    I think a lot of you are forgetting a system in the game that allows all the farmland a player could want with multiple accounts regardless if they are single login or not.

The Family System would allow you to link land/chests for every account you have and even if it is changed to a single account per login all you need is have a friend to invite your alt accounts to the family. All the Honor you can sell, Labor you want, and land to use it on to then transfer all the gold you earn to your main.

PTW isn't going away it is just changing how you approach it. It is just more of the same. Unchained needs way more than a different marketplace and no APEX to change that.
    Are you sure they will even have the Family system it was never mentioned? That could be one way of deterring multi-accounts from taking to many lands.
    "ARCHERY IS TURNING INTO A ROLE THAT SYNERGIES VERY WELL WITH WITCHCRAFT AND HAS FALLEN INTO MORE OF A SUPPLEMENTAL SKILL RATHER THAN A PRIMARY DPS SKILL" - Khrolan 3/31/2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauldin View Post
    Unchained will be selling tax certs and all other p2w items in the cash shop within 6 months.
    "No Tricks, No Traps"
    You have no way of honestly knowing or guaranteeing that. Stop Trolling
    "ARCHERY IS TURNING INTO A ROLE THAT SYNERGIES VERY WELL WITH WITCHCRAFT AND HAS FALLEN INTO MORE OF A SUPPLEMENTAL SKILL RATHER THAN A PRIMARY DPS SKILL" - Khrolan 3/31/2016.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast