+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 62

Thread: Unchained is already dead.

  1. #21
    Senior Member Zuesprime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by SFRSinder View Post
    Are you sure they will even have the Family system it was never mentioned? That could be one way of deterring multi-accounts from taking to many lands.
    The family system is incredibly useful and grants a sense of community which in-turn helps keep players invested. I don't see them taking it out personally. But on the flipside keeping it in allows what I posted above.
    Dacks- Tahyang/Conviction/Kadum/Wynn

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,162
    Quick fast, everyone with an enoan willing to start over - raise your hands.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    101
    Gamigo stated "only cosmetics" would be available on the cash shop, no tax no labor pots or p2w items.

    You can only get your farm 8x8 at level 30 and that means both main and alts needs to level.
    Are you slower than 1 guy controlling 20 alts?
    The first 16x16 cottage you get is after the farm cart quest where most likely no one will be able to complete without mats and gold especially for someone with 20 alts in a fresh start server where everyone starts with ZERO labor.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Zuesprime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by SiulX View Post
    Gamigo stated "only cosmetics" would be available on the cash shop, no tax no labor pots or p2w items.
    Any item than can be purchased on the marketplace that doesn't bind to the character or can be gifted is a way to get ahead selling it on the auction house or brokering it with the marketplace gift system.

    Hell BoE costumes can be used to sell costume skins on the AH. There is no escaping that fact without making huge sweeping changes to the game making it more like Black Desert in the no Player To Player trade and making everything you get bound/unable to be skinned. Gamigo/XL can make all the promises they want but until marketplace credits can only be used on yourself people will be able to buy gold with credits.

    Can they make it less pay to win yes of course , but they cant get rid of it entirely with what little info we have.

    Hell I hope these conversations give them ideas to change things they might have missed to make the server better for the people that play there wether I play on that server or not.
    Dacks- Tahyang/Conviction/Kadum/Wynn

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuesprime View Post
    Any item than can be purchased on the marketplace that doesn't bind to the character or can be gifted is a way to get ahead selling it on the auction house or brokering it with the marketplace gift system.

    Hell BoE costumes can be used to sell costume skins on the AH. There is no escaping that fact without making huge sweeping changes to the game making it more like Black Desert in the no Player To Player trade and making everything you get bound/unable to be skinned. Gamigo/XL can make all the promises they want but until marketplace credits can only be used on yourself people will be able to buy gold with credits.

    Can they make it less pay to win yes of course , but they cant get rid of it entirely with what little info we have.

    Hell I hope these conversations give them ideas to change things they might have missed to make the server better for the people that play there wether I play on that server or not.
    A player that makes 100g a day will have almost the same GS then a player with 1000g a day, it all about how many infusions you farm and how much labor you have to use them. Without labor pots the gold will not be that relevant

  6. #26
    Senior Member Zuesprime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by SiulX View Post
    A player that makes 100g a day will have almost the same GS then a player with 1000g a day, it all about how many infusions you farm and how much labor you have to use them. Without labor pots the gold will not be that relevant
    And the person that can afford to use all their infusions if they farm an equal amount wins. Also Library Gear would like to have a word with you where more gold=faster progression.

    Look I know you are trying to defend the new server because you believe in it. I just want both XL/Gamigo to realize all the loopholes and people planning to go to that server to make informed decisions based on experience.

    I love this game. It has given me more enjoyment than any other MMO I have played in the last 10 years. But If they open another server that tears the population in half only to pull the rug out from underneath the people that go there like every fresh start that has come and gone, it wont recover this time.
    Dacks- Tahyang/Conviction/Kadum/Wynn

  7. #27
    Senior Member manastars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Trest View Post
    There are still cheapy 16x16 houses for 15 gilda/each, but I wouldn't be surprised if they increased the price of this to stop it from being used as a placeholder.
    That's something that XL has sole control of, so it won't be changed.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Firenation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The Dark Tower ( Mordor )
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by blycee View Post
    With 20$ per pack, workless people with a lot of time will benefit the most from cheap multiaccounts since they have a lot of time to use the labor well.
    I refuse a $20 pack for buy to play really. Archeage is not a cheap/worthless game. It should be minimum a $50 pack to get in.

    Anyone remember how much were the buy to play version of Guild Wars 2 and The Secret World mmorpgs at their release times years ago? thank you. I don't remember that they were $20 for sure which it was more than that; but why Gamigo puts a low price like that which again there will be tons of multi*account alts...
    Among the guilds a time where
    the Elven-kings under the sky,
    where Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
    where Mortal Men doomed to die,
    the Ferre in the wilds and Warborn
    lived in harmony In the Land of Nui but,
    The One Guild was only for
    the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Nui where the Shadows lie.
    One Guild to rule them all,
    One Guild to find them,
    One Guild to bring them all and in the darkness bind them in the Land of Nui where the Shadows lie.

  9. #29
    Senior Member blycee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,049
    I wonder how they will pay servers, devs, mods and so on from 20$ +10$ season pass. Lets say 10.000 people buy, thats just 300.000 $ include tax. A big part of it goes for sure to XLGames, so Gamgio maybe keep 150.000 $ ? But 1 real developer is for sure 70.000 per year, maybe moderators and CM's are a bit less but I worry more that we won't have many Game Masters that will be able to keep an eye on the server...

  10. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by blycee View Post
    I wonder how they will pay servers, devs, mods and so on from 20$ +10$ season pass. Lets say 10.000 people buy, thats just 300.000 $ include tax. A big part of it goes for sure to XLGames, so Gamgio maybe keep 150.000 $ ? But 1 real developer is for sure 70.000 per year, maybe moderators and CM's are a bit less but I worry more that we won't have many Game Masters that will be able to keep an eye on the server...
    There will be an in-game cash shop, vanity only (cosmetics), that's how they'll make most of the money I guess.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts